Photo Trip Review - Reflection TA

Lisah101

Thanks Lisah for sharing your Reflection cruise with those of us on CC. I enjoyed reading and seeing the excitement of those who experience cruises/ports/land excursions and they own personal places/ideas for fun. I wasn't able to go to Europe this year on a cruise...long story! However, i have enjoyed experiencing it through your eyes and words. Next year it is a GO! Please keep entertaining us, reminding us of our past and what is to come. Experiences are the sticky Velcro that keeps our memories alive.:)

Hi,

I just discovered your fantastic review. I called my wife to read through it after I finished. We have a TA on our bucket list. We really enjoyed every step of your journey. With your pictures and detailed information, we felt like we were right there with you.

We are looking forward to reading more!

So, if you haven't figured it out yet, I only seem to manage to do this on Sundays. I hope to finish up today (I said that last week also). The next part gets a bit intimidating because I took HUNDREDS of photos during the "Porsche part" of the vacation. Trying to narrow it down to just a few is difficult.

That day we had reserved a Porsche from the Porsche Museum just for one day to drive around the German countryside. My husband Terry is a retired independent Porsche mechanic. He spent years either racing, tuning engines or working on Porsche which is why we wanted to visit Stuttgart.

We took the train to the Porsche Museum where we were to pick up our rental.

Unfortunately, since it snowed that morning and all the rental cars had summer tires, they weren't allowing any rentals out that day. They were very apologetic and offered to move it to tomorrow. But.. we have a factory tour scheduled that day and you have to book those months ahead of time. They didn't have the car we reserved (Cayman) on Thursday but they said they would move it to Thursday, upgrade us to a 911 at no extra cost. They suggested we visit the museum that day instead and they gave us complimentary admission tickets to the museum for the day.

Car rental prices

IMG_5413.jpg

Arm & Hammer Odor Eliminator

This place was amazing!

Some of the cute and quirky stuff is up front - mostly in the history of Porsche. I loved some of the older stuff and yes, I read every sign, watched every video and played with every interactive display there was - except the driving simulator which I deferred to Terry. No way he was going to stand by and watch me drive the racing simulator.

But first... the Porsche fire truck.

IMG_5431.jpg

Skipping ahead about a hundred photos - we got to the part where they had the technical displays. I probably spent more time here than anywhere else - I've listened to my husband talk about this stuff for years. Finally I can see how it works.

IMG_5477.jpg