Photo Trip Review - Reflection TA

Lisah101

Barcelona!

I had bought a "hood" for my camera but not crazy as I kept getting the corners of my photos cut off, however the viewfinder doesn't show that so it was annoying and I don't think I'll use this one again.

IMG_5152.jpg

We had an overnight here - so this was the beginning of 2 days. We had been here a few times and planned a trip to Montserrat on our own. But after the last two ports and all the walking, we were very tired. We opted for a cab ride to the Gothic Quarter.

IMG_5153.jpg

We walked around and I don't remember having lunch but we must have (guess it wasn't memorable). We did find a barber and get Terry's haircut. No English but we managed. There was a yarn shop I wanted to visit but they were closed for siesta. We did make it back there where Terry was very patient while I went into a complete yarn frenzy.

IMG_5170.jpg

My amazing husband - waiting so patiently. Eventually he had to help me choose colors - he's much more artistic than I am. I can follow directions but he has the "vision" to see potential even though he is color blind.

IMG_5173.jpg

Thinking about it now, we might have skipped lunch altogether becuase we did have an early dinner. We found this place (yes, Italian again) back in an alley and decided to try it out.

This is the second half of the Sangria incident. Sitting at our table, we decided to get Sangria - I said that last time we had 1/2 a pitcher and it went quickly so I think we can handle a whole pitcher.... famous last words.

Note to self: pitchers are NOT the same from place to place and Sangria varies greatly in strength.

IMG_5175.jpg

So, the Sangria starts taking effect and I am a very "Happy Camper". I decided while we were waiting for dessert I'd take a photo of my yarn - yes at the dinner table. The local yarns were died using the local Roja wine along with other items for color variation - I was careful to pick local or regional yarns, not something I could buy back home.

IMG_0837.jpg

And I have no more photos of this evening because I barely remember getting back to the ship. thankfully my husband loves me enough to make sure I'm safe when I think we can drink a whole pitcher of Sangria.

We overnight-ed in Barcelona so the next day we had tickets to Sagrada Familla I had purchased online before we left.

We took a cab to the church but we were early so we walked around the neighborhood a bit. My mom and I had rented an apartment just around the corner 4 1/2 years ago so it was familiar.

IMG_5180.jpg