Photo Trip Review - Reflection TA

Lisah101

It was a zoo getting in! Once you get in (only at your allotted time), then you must stand in line for your headset but only one person from your party is allowed in the headset line so lots of people milling about trying to find each other -crowded and chaotic. Terry got our headsets, then we went inside.

I could have taken hundreds of photos in here!

IMG_5193.jpg

It was beautiful and inspiring. The audio guide explained how the pillars are meant to be like trees with the branches sprouting out to hold the roof.

The windows had a theme - one part blue tones and the other part orange tones. Those are now my favorite colors.

IMG_5195.jpg

Not a great photo - but this is the locker area. If you have tickets to the tower, you must check your purse/backpack as they are not permitted. I bought these tickets thinking you go up, take photos and come down.

I was wrong.

Bad photo of the lockers.

IMG_5196.jpg

For anyone who is afraid of heights, you understand that it helps to have something solid under you or a wall or something you can grab onto. We got off the elevator and it was a one way path - through this. I almost lost my breakfast.

IMG_5198.jpg

I was seriously not feeling well and about ready to have a full blown panic attack. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time someone had one up here. Terry took the camera for all future photos.

IMG_5208.jpg

We made it across the "bridge" and there was a nice solid pole so Terry took a photo. I have proof I was in the tower! One forced smile, then I knew I would be safely to the other elevator to take me down.

Wrong.

IMG_5212.jpg

Every now and then I'd try to look out the window on the way down - always a mistake. I just thought, I'm here, I am supposed to enjoy this.

The staircase as photographed by Terry because I couldn't focus on anything but getting down.

IMG_5224.jpg

Reaching the bottom was an immense relief, then I just felt like an idiot for my irrational fear of heights. Regardless, I can say I did it. I might have been not so friendly or enjoyed the view, but I did it and Terry did get to enjoy the views.

So... back to my favorite part - the colors of the windows.

IMG_5227.jpg

We spent a long time looking at the exhibits but to be honest, after the tower, the emotional drain of being so afraid makes you very tired.

We left the church and started walking toward the port. We just walked looking for somewhere to have a late lunch on the way back.

We finally found a little place but it was blocks and blocks away.

Just a quick and simple lunch starting with patat bravas and a club sandwich.

IMG_5254.jpg