Social Internet plan - best communication app?

sandkps

Looking for an app to use that is able to run on the Social plan to stay in touch with my son. We normally use Voxer, but I'm not sure if that one will work with the social plan. He doesn't have Facebook. Suggestions?

I can't find where you add the $5 per day plan to your booking. Do you have to call to buy this or ask someone on board? I would rather have it ready to use when we board if that's possible.

The Social Media plan allows the Whatsapp.

Thanks! We may try that one!

I know Voxer runs on the highest internet plan, which is what I purchase to stay in contact with my employees back home, but I was looking for something that would run on the social plan for contacting my son on board. This may be a good fit!

just got off the Triumph, my daughter did the social media internet. she decided to do 1 day in the begining and 1 at the end. so paid the $5.00 per day verses 18 for the week (5 day cruise)

The biggest pain she found was that it was just about EVERY 60 seconds their pop-up came up asking her to upgrade. Was a pain when trying to type or just view a post. got aggravating she said lol.

just got off the Triumph, my daughter did the social media internet. she decided to do 1 day in the begining and 1 at the end. so paid the $5.00 per day verses 18 for the week (5 day cruise)

The biggest pain she found was that it was just about EVERY 60 seconds their pop-up came up asking her to upgrade. Was a pain when trying to type or just view a post. got aggravating she said lol.

That's weird. I was on the Liberty about a month ago and I never got a pop up to upgrade. I purchased the package for the whole cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

If you use the social media plan, do you have to go through the internet to get onto FB or other sites, or can you use your App from your device?

We can have 3 of us on the Social Media plan, correct? It isn't just one per cabin?

Also, I'm thinking that if you simply purchase the one day, you'll get the pop ups suggesting you upgrade to the weekly package. If you purchase the full week for $25 you likely wouldn't get the pop ups.

Looking forward to Carnival Magic getting The Hub - it just says 'coming soon'....we've awhile to go before our cruise so hoping it is set to go for when we sail.

You just need to use a browser to purchase the plan, and then you can go through the apps. You pay per device and can purchase as many social media plans as you want per cabin.

My husband and I used Twitter to stay in touch during our recent cruise on the Legend and it worked great.

If you use the social media plan, do you have to go through the internet to get onto FB or other sites, or can you use your App from your device?

We can have 3 of us on the Social Media plan, correct? It isn't just one per cabin?

Also, I'm thinking that if you simply purchase the one day, you'll get the pop ups suggesting you upgrade to the weekly package. If you purchase the full week for $25 you likely wouldn't get the pop ups.

Looking forward to Carnival Magic getting The Hub - it just says 'coming soon'....we've awhile to go before our cruise so hoping it is set to go for when we sail.

A plan give you the ability to connect one device at a time. If three people want to use their devices at the same time, each will need a plan. Its tied to your folio number, so billed separately to each account. You can use multiple devices with one plan, but only one at a time.

Didn't see any popups, but bought the plan for a week on Splendor.