Venice Outbound Flights

CruznRagtop

Does anyone reading this know which airlines fly from Venice? I am looking to save some money on airfare to Boston and was thinking I could buy two tickets (even on different airlines) instead of one; one-way air is over $1400. Has anyone had a similar experience booking tickets from Venice?

Thank you for any suggestions!

Without specifics, hard for us to help you. But you could check any flight planning website or ITA Matrix for determining who flies from Venice. The Cruise Air board could also help you.

Sounds like as you have a price, you have already done some checking?

Venice is expensive in all respects.

We are going to Venice from LA and we booked on American Airlines to Philly and Philly to Venice on British. Coming home both legs on British. First Venice to London and London to LA. Got a good price using an online site. Prices changed every day and I finally found one that was good enough for us.

British Airlines doesn't fly non-stop PHL to VCE. Must be a stop in LHR. I think you are actually flying on an American Airlines plane, which is codeshared with British.

Edited by CruiserBruce

British Airlines doesn't fly non-stop PHL to VCE. Must be a stop in LHR. I think you are actually flying on an American Airlines plane, which is codeshared with British.

It is a code share with American, but it has a BA flight # 1563 non-stop from Philly to Venice

It is a code share with American, but it has a BA flight # 1563 non-stop from Philly to Venice

Again, you are flying on an American Airlines plane. Not a BA plane. It is what is commonly called a "codeshare" flight. BA does not fly non-stop PHL-VCE.

Look at a company called SATA, sata.pt, they go from Boston to Lisbon. From there TAP flytap.com flies to Venice for about $100+ o/w. 2 flights per day

The last time we flew to Venice, Delta had the cheapest airfare. Flew to Paris then took Air France to Venice.

A few other times we flew to Manchester and used one of the European budget airlines to fly to Venice or Milan, like jet2, EasyJet, Ryanair for $50-$100.

And on one trip we had several flights going on within Europe. I was going crazy looking at the various city pairs and trains/buses so I finally used a popular TA in town ... I think he charged $30 per ticket. It was well worth it !

The majority of the flights from Venice to the USA seem to involve taking a European carrier to their hub and then a non stop flight to your destination.

I don't know your time of year, but I believe that United has a nonstop flight into Newark and then you could fly up to Boston.

Kayak is good advice..........

• 1 month later...