Another birth certificate v/s passport

cheerldrmom

For a 6 month old. From ft lauderdale to Fort Lauderdale. Stops in Bahamas, St Thomas and St Kitts is a BC enough ?

Closed loop itinerary...BC (certified) will be enough.

I believe someone reported that Princess has different rules and is requiring passports for children in some (all?) circumstances.

Best' date='

Mia[/quote']

It was eye opening reading this and looking into it further. All of the Princess "fill in the blank" traveller info pages I filled out said my 15 yo son only needs a birth certificate for our upcoming July cruise. I chose to get him a passport anyway (came last week!) and it's a good thing- turns out just a birth certificate is fine UNLESS they are traveling with only one adult (which will be our case), in which case we must BOTH have a passport (they don't want to risk having a child separated from a parent in an emergency debarcation situation I guess). From the Princess website:

PASSPORT REQUIREMENT WHEN MINORS TRAVEL WITH ONE ADULT ON VOYAGES GOVERNED BY THE U.S. WESTERN HEMISPHERE TRAVEL INITIATIVE (includes travel within BERMUDA, CANADA, CARIBBEAN, HAWAII, MEXICO, PANAMA CANAL, UNITED STATES) When minors are traveling with only one adult 21 years of age or older, Princess requires that all guests must be in possession of a valid passport. We have implemented this requirement because we want to ensure that your party remains together should an emergency arise that requires one or more in your party to be disembarked in a non-U.S. port. We cannot guarantee that all members of your party will be allowed to disembark with just a WHTI-compliant document or birth certificate. Failure to present a valid passport for all guests traveling together will result in denial of boarding without refund of the of the cruise or cruisetour fare.