Oasis of The Seas-CRUISING FROM A KID"S POINT OF VIEW

This is Jack, I'm back. Day 7 means vacation is over.:( I want to try the flowrider, the zip line, and the swimming pool one last time. We ate at the main dining room for breakfast. I ate at the buffet part of it. The buffet there is better than the windjammer. After that I thought I would do the zip line one more time. Too bad I can’t post videos on cruise critic of me on the zip line because my dad took a video of me on the zip line. My mom wouldn't let us do anything until we packed our own stuff-that was hard. I miss when she used to do it for us.

IMG_0182_zpscsbucecj.jpg

The flowrider was again amazing. After going on the flowrider I went to the wipeout café it’s the same thing as the windjammer but less food-that’s ok-I only need hamburgers, hot dogs and French fries. The fries are really good.

After the art auction we headed to the ice skating show. If you have children and are traveling on a Royal Caribbean that has an ice skating rink on it, be sure to look for the “Reserved for children” seats. There are 2 on each side of the rink, first row, none in the middle.in those seats during the show because the cast pushes them in a fake swan cart in the middle of the ice. My mom made me sit in that seat, it was kind of embarrassing because I would rather be skating on the ice and not sitting in a swan.

IMG_0500_zpsuwsex54r.png

I actually got patted on the heat by the ducks. They told the story of the Ugly Duckling.

The show was amazing. I saw the smallest Zamboni ever.

P1020361_zpsasv0nytk.jpg

After that we went to eat an early dinner because we wanted to have good seats to watch the DreamWorks parade. For my appetizer I had a shrimp cocktail. For my main meal I had fried fish and shrimp. For my dessert I had of course chocolate ice cream. Don’t be shy, dance with the waiters around the restaurant, Olano took me and then brought me back to my mom and dad.

IMG_0496_zpsnk080z45.png

Before going to watch the show, I wanted to try the Rising Tide Bar. They allow kids to go on. You have to go early to get a seat, we didn't get one but there was a place to stand. It went up slowly to Central Park.

IMG_0491_zpsaydf8lzn.png

IMG_0448_zpsa1n7y7eq.jpg

P1020370_zpsbizlprtn.jpg

The ride on the bar was a little slow. After the Rising Tide bar, we went to find good seats for the Dreamworks parade. I recommend watching it from the end of the Schooner Bar or across from there at the photo shop. I wish we found the Schooner bar sooner, there’s a piano there that you can put the drinks on and it was like a sing along where the lady playing the piano would get the people to sing fun songs with her. Like “Sweet Caroline” she added “this song sucks…” And she played music that I knew from all over the world. I don’t know why the parade was so late this cruise, it was at 10:30 for a kids parade.

The parade was pretty good, I like the one of the Allure better.

IMG_0499_zpswf7ckjfm.png

P1020395_zps7qshrj4x.jpg

Jack. it's been great following your live review. You did a wonderful job. I will be cruising with a 5 year old child and I have picked up so many great pointers from you. Congratulations to you on a job well done.

After that we headed back to the cabin and went to sleep.

We got off the ship early because we had carryons. The line was short at 8am. Last time we stayed on the Allure too long and the line was very long. I would recommend getting off earlier rather than later.

I would like to thank you for reading my review and for cruising with me. I want to try Quantum next , but my parents are paying so they said they get to decide.

We got off the ship early because we had carryons. The line was short at 8am. Last time we stayed on the Allure too long and the line was very long. I would recommend getting off earlier rather than later.

I would like to thank you for reading my review and for cruising with me. I want to try Quantum next , but my parents are paying so they said they get to decide.

Thank you for the review and may all your dreams and wishes come true for you. :)

Jack, what a great review. Looks like you had a great time.

You seemed to get the hang of the FlowRider as you look very comfortable on it. My son loved it too.

I agree with you in that it's strange that the parade was so late. We were just on Allure and I think it was at 7:45pm, which makes more sense for kids.

Thanks for sharing your Oasis experience.

Thank you for the amazing and informative review! Have a safe trip home and we look forward to your next review.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Jack, it's hard to believe you are only 10, such a great review, thanks! I only hope that my 10 yr old granddaughter has as much fun as you seemed to. We sail at the end of August. Keep up with the reviews, I'll be waiting for your next one!

Hi Jack,

That was a great review, you are a nice young man. I wish you the best for 2022 and when you are there you should know that your cruise critic fans from Canada will be rooting for you.

Thanks Jack

Edited by #55worktoplay

As I've said before, you are awesome. Thank you so much for giving your view on your adventures. You've made it very easy for folks, like me, to follow along. I'll be watching out for you in the Olympics. Thanks again mom, dad and older brother for believing and going along with Jack's adventures. :):):):)

Great review! If only every cruiser had as good an attitude as you do there'd be very little complaining on CC... You were determined to have a good time....and you did! :D

And P.S. I loved the picture of your brother drinking all of the Labadoozie....too funny.

Hi Jack, I just got back from my cruise and caught up with your review. All I have to say is that you did an amazing job! Your dedication really shows! Keep up the good work. The way I see it, you are a fantastic writer. The sky is the limit. Like I said, it is rare to see this kind of commitment in someone your age, you should be extremely proud of yourself!

I am sure you will accomplish anything you set your mind to :)

I can't wait until your next review, please tell mom to alert me whenever you do a review. Best of luck :D

Always here to help :)

Edited by gambee

Great review!! Question on the kids club- did you enjoy it? Did the kids all have to do the same activity or was there some free time to play on your own?

I liked it, just didn't have enough time. The only free time is when they first open every day.

Subscribing. I'm an old lady in my 30s now but started cruising when I was a a little younger than you, Jack, and I have fond memories of my first few cruises to this day! Can't wait to hear all about your trip. :)

I hadn't finished Jack's review and was just scrolling through to find where I had left off and noticed your post and laughed. The start was similar to what I had posted, but since when is 30 considered an old lady? I guess I should update mine to say ancient. lol

And while I'm here, I tried to send this as a PM but couldn't figure out how. I'm guessing from prior experiences that it's because I don't have enough posts yet, can someone confirm that? Checked FAQ's and couldn't find it (doesn't mean it's not there though, I probably missed it because I'm ancient lol)