NCL Spirit - Loads of Dining Questions

B17

Sorry but I have loads of questions on the Dining options - nothing seems simple these days. So it appears from what I read that there is no Cover charge for Cagneys, the Bistro, Tratorria, so is it a case of you pay for what you order?

• Does anyone have a list of the a la carte charges for each of the venues, as I am tryig t work out value for money by purchasing upfront a 3 meal dining package.
  • If you buy a dining package for three meals, are you restricted to using each venue only once? Ie could we go to Cagneys twice thenTepanyakii?
  • Is tepanyaki on the dining option package as I see this still has a $30 cover charge
  • If you have a dining package are you restricted to what you can order for example, I usually like an appetiser, then a soup, then a main, then dessert and sometimes cheese and biscuits. but I am reading its 3 courses only....is this correct.
  • What about the cafes... do they charge for coffee and cake?

There are two different versions of the a la carte menus. One is a transitional one which is effectively the old menus with prices added and the other is the proper a la carte menus. I don't know which one the Spirit is on, but they are very similar fleet wide so if you search for them on other ships as well then you should get a good idea of costs. The best bet for seeing the proper a la carte menus is to Google beyondships Norwegian escape.

You can use your dining credits wherever you like. Go to Cagneys three times if you want.

Teppenyaki is still included.

The only restriction to what you can order is one entree only. That is the experience reported by people onboard.

Coffee is charged from the coffee bar in the atrium. From memory, I think that cakes from there may be complementary on the Spirit, but perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly.

Thank you very much for the reply, so I guess as we have the UBP that we wont have to pay for coffee unless its a specialty coffee? A bit like MSC who have this strange rule and yet I can order a coffee and a baileys seperately and simply pour one into the other? haha

Thank you very much for the reply, so I guess as we have the UBP that we wont have to pay for coffee unless its a specialty coffee? A bit like MSC who have this strange rule and yet I can order a coffee and a baileys seperately and simply pour one into the other? haha

Everyone gets normal coffee for free. No coffee is included specifically in the UBP, but an Irish Coffee is treated as a cocktail and is included.

Edited by KeithJenner

Sorry but I have loads of questions on the Dining options - nothing seems simple these days. So it appears from what I read that there is no Cover charge for Cagneys, the Bistro, Tratorria, so is it a case of you pay for what you order?

• Does anyone have a list of the a la carte charges for each of the venues, as I am tryig t work out value for money by purchasing upfront a 3 meal dining package.
  • If you buy a dining package for three meals, are you restricted to using each venue only once? Ie could we go to Cagneys twice
    go as many times as you want

*]Is tepanyaki on the dining option package as I see this still has a $30 cover charge
    you can use it at teppanyaki. WARNING the spirit has One 10 top teppanyaki table. It can do 3 or 4 settings a night. So book ASAP else it will sell out. Very hard to get.

• If you have a dining package are you restricted to what you can order for example, I usually like an appetiser, then a soup, then a main, then dessert and sometimes cheese and biscuits. but I am reading its 3 courses only....is this correct.
    as many apps and sides as you want. As many desserts as you want. One entree.

regular coffee no charge. Specialty coffees from the atrium coffee bar come with a cost

We were in the Spirit last week. Have a great cruise. Only 4 specialty dining spots. Cagney's. Le bistro. Italian. Teppanyaki. And a small sushi bar.

search for a la carte menus from the Escape. They are the same.

• If you buy a dining package for three meals, are you restricted to using each venue only once? Ie could we go to Cagneys twice
    go as many times as you want

*]Is tepanyaki on the dining option package as I see this still has a $30 cover charge
    you can use it at teppanyaki. WARNING the spirit has One 10 top teppanyaki table. It can do 3 or 4 settings a night. So book ASAP else it will sell out. Very hard to get.

as many apps and sides as you want. As many desserts as you want. One entree.

regular coffee no charge. Specialty coffees from the atrium coffee bar come with a cost

We were in the Spirit last week. Have a great cruise. Only 4 specialty dining spots. Cagney's. Le bistro. Italian. Teppanyaki. And a small sushi bar.

Edited by BirdTravels

Everyone gets normal coffee for free. No coffee is included specifically in the UBP, but an Irish Coffee is treated as a cocktail and is included.

So I would call Cappuccino and americano a normal coffee is this included in the UBP? it says speciality coffees are excluded yet they include irish coffees, now you understand why I am confused:confused:

I have just logged into my reservation and can only see the MDR and Tratorria, Bistro and Cagneys available to book on line.

So does this mean the Tepanyaki is full or is it only bookable once on board?

Cappuccino etc are available from the coffee bar in the atrium and are what I am referring to as speciality coffees.

Free coffee is what is available in your room, from the machines in the buffet and similar coffee from other bars. It's not that great.

With the UBP no coffee at all is specifically included. What you can get for free is exactly the same as what you can get for free even without the package, with the exception of the Irish Coffee.

The Irish Coffee is only included because it is treated as a cocktail. As far as NCL are concerned, it isn't a coffee, speciality or not, but an alcoholic beverage and therefore it gets included in the UBP.

It sounds a bit confusing, but as long as you look at the Irish Coffee as a bar drink then it's way.

I have just logged into my reservation and can only see the MDR and Tratorria, Bistro and Cagneys available to book on line.

So does this mean the Tepanyaki is full or is it only bookable once on board?

On the Spirit, it's very possible that advance reservations are fully booked. As stated above, there aren't many spaces.

If you are quick you may be able to get some bookings once onboard.

So I would call Cappuccino and americano a normal coffee is this included in the UBP? it says speciality coffees are excluded yet they include irish coffees, now you understand why I am confused:confused:

Most bars do not have coffee. When we were on the Spirit last week, the bartender told us if we brought the coffee, he would supplement it with whatever we want.

They do not take per reservations for Tepanyaki. We were in suite and were able to call the concierge prior to sailing and got on a waiting list. Once we met the onboard concierge we let him know about our waiting list. And he got us a reservation for Sunday evening. There are only 8 seats there and two shifts I believe. So very limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was on the Spirit in Jan/Feb.

The regular coffee at the cafe was not included in the UBP - BUT there is a list of coffees' that contained alcohol, which were included in the UBP.

The Teppanyaki holds 8-10 people, and is not booked in advance on-line. You can book it once onboard as others have stated.

Those who can book Teppanyaki on-line, was it the Spirit?

I highly doubt it. It was not bookable for the nine months before my cruise. I did get to go since I was in a suite and got first dibs, but otherwise it would of been nearly impossible.

BTW, my local place is much better in my humble opinion. I wasn't impressed.

I highly doubt it. It was not bookable for the nine months before my cruise. I did get to go since I was in a suite and got first dibs, but otherwise it would of been nearly impossible.

I'm sailing on the Spirit in 2 weeks and was able to book Teppanyaki online at the 90 day mark, so those who are saying that it can not be booked online are wrong.

Edited by Bocadude85

Sorry, but I AM sailing on the Spirit on May 31st, and DO have reservations for 6 people for Teppanyaki at 5:00pm.... which is why I commented that I was able to make reservations above.

I am not in a suite, however I do have the dining package. Like I mentioned before, not sure if it's certain sailings, or those who have the dining package, or what. I would maybe call NCL to ask.

Those who can book Teppanyaki on-line, was it the Spirit? I highly doubt it. It was not bookable for the nine months before my cruise. I did get to go since I was in a suite and got first dibs, but otherwise it would of been nearly impossible.

You can only book 90 or 100 days in advance. So, yes, you could not book it in months 9 to 4 before your cruise. We were on the Spirit two weeks ago prior to its TA and we booked the Teppanyaki online with no problems.

Question, can your local joint float?

Edited by BirdTravels

Yes, it was the Spirit. I'm sailing on her this Saturday and have my reservations all printed out. We also have the SDP so maybe that is the difference.

Edited by cardbucfan