Adventure B2B Trip & Ultimate Beach Review 4/16/16 - 4/30/16 (photo bomb)!!!

Enjoying the review and great photos. We have enjoyed Magen's Bay Beach.

I'm glad you are enjoying! Magen's Bay is hard to beat. I tried Sapphire Beach on a previous visit to St. Thomas and it was quite good, but not as good as Magen's.

We'll have to see if Magen's can win "Best Beach" in this review.

Great review so far!!!! So detailed and I LOVE it!! We were on a B2B on Adventure in January with the same itineraries as you! We booked another B2B for January 2017 while aboard :D It will be our 5th/6th cruises on Adventure! We love the ship and all of the ports! Keep up the good work! You've had me laughing already! I really wanted to do a review but never got around to it! I feel like I'm back on the ship (2nd home) while reading yours!

Great review so far!!!! So detailed and I LOVE it!! We were on a B2B on Adventure in January with the same itineraries as you! We booked another B2B for January 2017 while aboard :D It will be our 5th/6th cruises on Adventure! We love the ship and all of the ports! Keep up the good work! You've had me laughing already! I really wanted to do a review but never got around to it! I feel like I'm back on the ship (2nd home) while reading yours!

Thank you very much!

I have to say the itinerary was just awesome, especially if you want to see essentially all of the Southern Caribbean in one trip. 5 islands a week with only one repeat! Count Puerto Rico and you get 10 different islands in 14 days!

Edited by AZAficionado

Need to get my butt to Magen's the next time we are in St. Thomas. Been to this island 3 times, went to Trunk Bay twice and did an island tour the other which we saw Magen's from Mountaintop but never there. It looks beautiful.

Need to get my butt to Magen's the next time we are in St. Thomas. Been to this island 3 times, went to Trunk Bay twice and did an island tour the other which we saw Magen's from Mountaintop but never there. It looks beautiful.

Three times and no Magen's? I'm shocked and also in awe of your restraint!! It is often rated as "One of the Best" if not "The Best" beach in the world. Certainly not to be missed if you are a beach person.

Three times and no Magen's? I'm shocked and also in awe of your restraint!! It is often rated as "One of the Best" if not "The Best" beach in the world. Certainly not to be missed if you are a beach person.

Yes, I'm a beach bum. Trunk Bay is pretty spectacular as well, just a little work to get over to St. John to enjoy. Have you ever been to Trunk Bay?

Yes, I'm a beach bum. Trunk Bay is pretty spectacular as well, just a little work to get over to St. John to enjoy. Have you ever been to Trunk Bay?

Me too, obviously. I haven't been over to Trunk Bay yet. It is on my bucket list.

Great start...always enjoy your reviews.....

Soaking up info on Adventure....just what I need!

Thank you!!!!

Karen

A repeat customer!! Yay!! I'm happy to deliver just what you need. So long as what you need is a review like this. ;)

Greengos_zpsekhmvtww.png

Having tried the Big Kahuna Rum Shack on previous trips, which is great, we decided to go to Greengos. It is located just off the main road, down one of the narrow alleys.

Greengos%20Interior_zpsseoqzet7.png

The interior.

Greengos%20Menu%201_zpsbut1nwab.png

Greengos%20Menu%202_zpsomtl8bkx.png

The menus.

Margaritas_zpsegntnyly.png

We had margaritas (Bandito on the left, Cadillac on the right).

Nachos_zpshqqiuxrw.png

And some pulled pork nachos. It was really good. They did a nice job of adding just enough sweetness into the nachos to compliment the pulled pork and give the dish an island flavor.

We hit the Senor Frog's at the pier and were very disappointed. The place was dead. Empty but for a handful of other passengers. I even wore my Senor Frog's drinking team t-shirt. Oh well. Sundays are very slow on St. Thomas. I still did a few shots of Tequila (Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots, Shots!)

Pool%20Deck_zpsa8g6fmmq.png

Pool%20Deck%20Dancing_zpsr0es2vnz.png

Back on board, the pool area was jumpin' and there was some line dancing.

Solarium%20Pool_zpsirppql1l.png

It was a little quieter in the Solarium.

Sunset_zpsehvbui6m.png

Check out that sunset.

Parting%20Shot_zpsbhjexxhp.png

A parting shot. Goodbye St. Thomas.

Bombay%20Sapphire%20Martini_zpsnnlj0elz.png

Had a Bombay Sapphire martini at the Champagne Bar. Excellently made and a full pour (unlike the photo - I'm still getting back into the swing of taking a photo of everything).

Champagne_zpsbatbtpr5.png

Took a glass of "champers" to dinner.

Shrimp%20Cocktail_zpsk53prqng.png

At dinner I started with shrimp cocktail. It was good but the shrimp were pretty small. There are four pieces of shimp in that photo.

Chops%20Filet_zps0rw5zc1p.png

It was formal night and I wanted a really great steak. You know who has great steaks? Chops. Even though there isn't a Chops on board, you can still get the Chops Filet for $20 (including tips, etc.) It was worth every penny. Unlike the steak the prior evening, this was a fantastic cut of meat and the chef had cooked a steak or two before.

French%2075_zps2ees1shw.png

Went to the cigar lounge again where it was great conversation with folks we had seen the night before. My nightcap was a French 75, a wonderful drink they make at the Champagne Bar.

Towel%20Turtle_zps1kw2lfiw.png

Watch out for the turtles...

Don't go anywhere, St. Croix is up next...

Love this review! I was on Adventure in September and had an amazing time, so doing a B2B next November. Only island being repeated is St Kitts, but same as you, including Puerto Rico, it will be 10 islands in total. I can't wait!

Your pictures remind me of why I want to get an iPhone before my upcoming cruise! :D

Embarkation%201_zpsqypi3mn4.png

The line outside.

Embarkation%203_zpsdvg5zdcd.png

The security checkpoint - note only two metal detectors. Can you say "log jam"? I thought you could.

Embarkation%202_zpsmoff4um6.png

The line for the counter. I've seen much worse.

I have been waiting patiently for these embarkation pics! You are SPECTACULAR a KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!! These pics are going in my cruise notebook under embarkation!!! Question: Where is the Duty Free Shop - Is it after you leave the counter before getting on the ship? If so, do they check your bags to make sure you purchased two bottles before boarding the ship?

Loving your photos and review. It has been several years since we have sailed out of San Juan on Adventure. Thanks, brings back great memories!

Thanks for the kind words and you are most welcome! That sail away from San Juan is really something special and will be a cherished memory for me.

Love this review! I was on Adventure in September and had an amazing time, so doing a B2B next November. Only island being repeated is St Kitts, but same as you, including Puerto Rico, it will be 10 islands in total. I can't wait!

Your pictures remind me of why I want to get an iPhone before my upcoming cruise! :D

Thank you!! B2B is the way to do it. Just island hop until you're sick of it.:D

I will admit to doing a bit more than just snapping the photo. My phone is set on the largest photo setting, so the images you are seeing are 20% of the original photo. I also use Paint Shop Pro Photo and hit the "One Set Photo Fix" button. If it looks better, I use it. If not, I go with the original. But other than that, keep the sun to your back and pick your shots. A few times I did use the 6S's new exposure feature when shooting into a shadow (when the sun refused to be where I wanted it).

I have been waiting patiently for these embarkation pics! You are SPECTACULAR a KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!! These pics are going in my cruise notebook under embarkation!!! Question: Where is the Duty Free Shop - Is it after you leave the counter before getting on the ship? If so, do they check your bags to make sure you purchased two bottles before boarding the ship?

Thank you! I don't know if I'm all that, but I'll take it!!!

The Duty Free Shop is visible in the second photo. It is before security and they do check. However, I'll fill you in on a secret, just between you and me... One of the bartenders at the Ritz told us that when he went on a cruise, he and his friends went into the Duty Free Shop and bought a couple of Johnny Walker Black bottles and the Duty Free guy put them in Champagne Boxes. They all went through security separately. Security commented what nice champagne he was bringing. I saw a picture of his stateroom - they had more booze than the Lobby Bar at the Ritz. I don't advocate that, but that was the story he told.