Faster to the Fun ?

cruiser12

Per cabin. Wife and I did it on the Inspiration a couple months ago and really enjoyed it. Already picked it up for our cruise in September. We usually take the earliest nonstop we can day of sailing due to our jobs, and having the rooms ready for a few ZZZs when we arrive is worth every penny.

FTTF threads here usually evolve into a disgusting shouting match.

If you want to read plenty of opinions, look up one of the existing threads (there are too many to count).

You will get plenty of opinions on both sides.

Personally, I buy it, but others detest it.

We cruised with it on our last cruise and bought it again for this cruise. The perks we like are being able to go straight to our room to drop off our carry on's (plus our kids can change into their swimsuits) and the dedicated guest services line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

'Worth it' is only something you can decide. We have used it twice now and really enjoy the benefit of going directly to our cabin.

However I really don't think that the luggage comes any faster, we have had neighbors get their luggage before us and they didn't have the FTTF tags. I think it really is just random. Maybe they do pay attention to it, but it doesn't guarantee your luggage to arrive faster than if you didn't have it. In fact some people on our roll call didn't get theirs until after dinner.

Last cruise, we had it and we cruised on the Breeze. Honestly, I wish we would have skipped it. The port was so crazy and there were so many people. There were people pushing, shoving and arguing once they called FTTF. I think the best thing carnival can do it separate the FTTF population from the rest of the crowd and figure out some way to make boarding more civilized. Because our last cruise was less than civilized.

If I was going to go on another cruise, we would just wait until after the lines are shorter and arrive later in the afternoon. As much as I like being early, I hate when people start to push and shove.

We have had it on the last 3 or 4 cruises. We loved it on our last cruise. We got to the port at 1030 and onboard at 1130. Our luggage was at our cabin when we boarded. I was able to go right in and unpack. We used the Guest Services priority line several times too and it was nice not to have to wait in the long line of folks.

For me, its worth it.

Anyone here give it a try ? Is it per person or per cabin ?

We use it every time now. We have small kids and it is a lot more easier for us. We had a couple seniors with us that can't stand for very long and it was a big help. I don't have one complaint about it. The line in Galveston was outside of the terminal and we didn't have to wait in a single line at all. We checked our bags and was in our room in less than 30 minutes. For tendering, we went to guest services and a lady walked us down past the very long line and got right on the boat. No wait. Never had to wait in line to talk to guest services either. For disembarking, they placed us with the first priority folks and we were one of the first to get off the ship. No lines. Well worth it for us.

The cost is per cabin. We are going to have FTTF for our next cruise in Sept as well.

Had it twice and loved being able to drop stuff off in the room before lunch and get through lines and on board a little faster. Also nice to get luggage faster if you aren't able to carry on.

That being said, I'm considering a solo cruise this fall and have decided not to get it as I'd be paying the full cost for just one person. I'll be able to carry all my luggage on and plan to check in and board after noon when things are moving and my room will be ready when I board or a short time after.

For me it's risk vs reward. @$60 the risk is minimal in comparison to the cost of the vacation as a whole (for my family of 5). The reward far outweighs my $60 risk.

Best perks for me:

Room ready when we board

Guest Service Priority

Choice of debarkation

Like other's have said, it depends on what's important to you. Paying $50 to eat at the steakhouse is not my cup of tea but I have no problem shelling out for FTTF just for the ability to have my room ready, dedicated customer service desk and quicker check-in when you arrive at a busy time. If you tender to a port, you have that bonus as well.