DOS on the DAWN

pathubia

You are absolutely right; Bailey's wasn't on the list. But I called the pre-concierge & requested it. And voila it appeared in our suite:-) And we've had it on the last two cruises...so it's worth a try. It worked for us:)

Cheers.

Sandy

I just spoke with a lovely woman at the concierge desk, lets see if it works. The three items I wanted, Captain Morgans Rum, Baileys and Stoli Razz weren't on the list, but were on the "exchange" list. So we shall see if we get it, she also asked what mixers we wanted, what kind of pillow, etc. Wish me luck!! :)

I just spoke with a lovely woman at the concierge desk, lets see if it works. The three items I wanted, Captain Morgans Rum, Baileys and Stoli Razz weren't on the list, but were on the "exchange" list. So we shall see if we get it, she also asked what mixers we wanted, what kind of pillow, etc. Wish me luck!! :)

Good luck. When she said exchange, for free? Lately people have mentioned any thing that is requested not on the list they have been having to pay an upcharge for.

We correspond with the pre-concierge via email and they have always been friendly enough, have taken our requests, but nothing gets done. To clarify a bit about the delivery of soda, there usually is some soda there but we like diet so if there isn't what you want the first night, they seem to have trouble getting it right away.

For example, in Dec. we had requested Diet Sierra Mist - they had it at the bar two floors up but the butler had to get it from the "stores" so it was the next afternoon before it arrived. On the other hand, in March the butler brought in a full case of the water the first day which was fantastic in addition to what was already in the room.

Edited by dexddd

Good luck. When she said exchange, for free? Lately people have mentioned any thing that is requested not on the list they have been having to pay an upcharge for.

We correspond with the pre-concierge via email and they have always been friendly enough, have taken our requests, but nothing gets done. To clarify a bit about the delivery of soda, there usually is some soda there but we like diet so if there isn't what you want the first night, they seem to have trouble getting it right away.

For example, in Dec. we had requested Diet Sierra Mist - they had it at the bar two floors up but the butler had to get it from the "stores" so it was the next afternoon before it arrived. On the other hand, in March the butler brought in a full case of the water the first day which was fantastic in addition to what was already in the room.

She never mentioned a charge, when I asked for Captain Morgan Rum, she said she had to check a list of comparable bottles. I am so glad that water is included!!

But how are you going to serve Jack and come in your stolen room? I am bringing the coke with me, now you've got the easy part.

Did you order ahead of time through the pre-concierge?

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your upsell! You will love the DOS. But consider the laptop in the room as just being there for show; We couldn't use it to get on the internet or to play music on our iPod.

Enjoy!! We have the Dawn DOS 12502 booked for October...we've been in the family suites, this is our first DOS....we actually booked this over a year ago when the 4 perks were drinks, dinning, free grats & onboard credit....and our travel agent threw in another $100 obc ($350 obc total)...we can't wait...

and a few weeks ago I booked the same cabin for Oct 2017...that cruise will include drinks, dinning, $400 obc, internet (250 min?) and excursion credit...

I'm glad I did it early....(also earns extra latitude points)....but now it seems like the offers are not as good....

Enjoy!! We have the Dawn DOS 12502 booked for October...we've been in the family suites, this is our first DOS....we actually booked this over a year ago when the 4 perks were drinks, dinning, free grats & onboard credit....and our travel agent threw in another $100 obc ($350 obc total)...we can't wait...

and a few weeks ago I booked the same cabin for Oct 2017...that cruise will include drinks, dinning, $400 obc, internet (250 min?) and excursion credit...

I'm glad I did it early....(also earns extra latitude points)....but now it seems like the offers are not as good....

Those side rooms are great since you get the wing and the huge wall of windows in the living room. Hopefully some of the windows in the room don't fog like they did on the Star due to blown seals. There has been very little discussion about this for either ship so hopefully that means they are fixed.

OMG Patty - I just realized you're already on the Dawn!! Congrats on the upsell - sounds awesome. I remember getting a tour of those cabins on our cabin crawl on the May 2014 cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn - that category seemed so unreachable to me at the time - ha ha - now I'm thinking of booking one for my zero birthday next year...

Hope you have a great time - can't wait to hear Scott's reaction!!

Scott knew something was up, but was pleasantly surprised!! It's going to be tough to be in a regular suite now. Lol!! It was just the 2 of us, we had plenty of room. Our next door neighbors had a little get together in 12502 after our cabin crawl. That is a different setup and is beautiful, too

Welcome back and I am glad you had a great time....

Now that you have been in the DOS... would you seek that again or maybe the OS w balcony?

I am currently in a B1 (Aft Balcony) for a May 2017 cruise and just strategizing if giving up the balcony is worth the DOS... yes, I am a bit of a planner !! lol... but my luck, with all the upsell calls, they may get rid of people being able to call.

Now that you have been in the DOS... would you seek that again or maybe the OS w balcony?

I am currently in a B1 (Aft Balcony) for a May 2017 cruise and just strategizing if giving up the balcony is worth the DOS... yes, I am a bit of a planner !! lol... but my luck, with all the upsell calls, they may get rid of people being able to call.

I was given an upgrade to 12502 in 2013, and yes it's worth losing the balcony to be in that suite. You're just footsteps from the pool deck, and those huge windows give you a fantastic view.

Being so far forward, the balcony would have been so windy.

I was given an upgrade to 12502 in 2013, and yes it's worth losing the balcony to be in that suite. You're just footsteps from the pool deck, and those huge windows give you a fantastic view.

Being so far forward, the balcony would have been so windy.

I would do it again in a heartbeat!! I went to a get together in 12502 and it's great!!

I would do it again in a heartbeat!! I went to a get together in 12502 and it's great!!

Did you or the other one have any fogged windows? How was the a/c - that has been a complaint of those rooms in warmer climates.

When exactly is the ship going into drydock?

It sounds like you are asking about choosing between the DOS on 12 vs. the OS w/2 balconies on 9 and 10 forward? If so, I'd say it depends. We did the Star in one of the outer DOS but that was to Alaska so having no balcony wasn't a big deal. We also went on the Dawn in a deck 10 OS to Bermuda which has the front and side balcony.

The rooms on 12 were added a few years ago so everything was new and modern. The room on 10 was a bit worn but maybe after the current drydock they will spruce them up - it looks like they did for the Star OS.

Did you or the other one have any fogged windows? How was the a/c - that has been a complaint of those rooms in warmer climates.

When exactly is the ship going into drydock?

All of the suites had window issues, now that they ship is empty they have started dry dock work that includes replacing every suite window. Every suite is getting totally redone down to new wall panels.

We stayed in that suite in January. We had a fabulous trip. Be careful in the main bedroom by the desk if it rains hard the window leaks. I read it before we left but did not pay attention. We had some wet jeans. Our butler stunk but Patrick the concierge was awesome. In fact I had planned to give a recommended amount to the butler and nothing extra for the concierge. We did not plan on using the concierge. He was so very attentive to our party of 11 that we gave him the butler tip and his own. Entertainment was fun. Bands were enjoyable. Staff was nice. Can not wait to go again.

We stayed in that suite in January. We had a fabulous trip. Be careful in the main bedroom by the desk if it rains hard the window leaks. I read it before we left but did not pay attention. We had some wet jeans. Our butler stunk but Patrick the concierge was awesome. In fact I had planned to give a recommended amount to the butler and nothing extra for the concierge. We did not plan on using the concierge. He was so very attentive to our party of 11 that we gave him the butler tip and his own. Entertainment was fun. Bands were enjoyable. Staff was nice. Can not wait to go again.

Our butler was less then great, he did the bare minimum and had to be asked several times for things. We had Patrick as our room steward and he got some of what we planned to tip the butler as he was always picking up the butler's slack. We asked our butler to have milk stocked as the kids drink it at bed time and naps, our butler promised it would be taken care of, we ran out several times and he seemed grumpy when we called to ask for it at bedtime after he said he was getting it that afternoon but never did. Our coffe machine got messed up on day 3, butler said he was going to clean and stuck it daily, on day 10 when we left the boat it was still messed up.

Our butler was less then great, he did the bare minimum and had to be asked several times for things. We had Patrick as our room steward and he got some of what we planned to tip the butler as he was always picking up the butler's slack. We asked our butler to have milk stocked as the kids drink it at bed time and naps, our butler promised it would be taken care of, we ran out several times and he seemed grumpy when we called to ask for it at bedtime after he said he was getting it that afternoon but never did. Our coffe machine got messed up on day 3, butler said he was going to clean and stuck it daily, on day 10 when we left the boat it was still messed up.

So sorry you had a crappy butler. Ours was great!! Mentioned that it was our anniversary and he had the room decorated with bells and baloons.

Windows got a bit foggy once and a while. And got attacked by bird poop.

So sorry you had a crappy butler. Ours was great!! Mentioned that it was our anniversary and he had the room decorated with bells and baloons.

Windows got a bit foggy once and a while. And got attacked by bird poop.

Its okay life goes on, it's his lose with tips. We stopped by last night to say bye but you guys were out. Also as soon as you left the bow we came up on a pod of dolphins. I looked for you but you were gone. When I get all my video processed I will see if I caught them.

All of the suites had window issues, now that they ship is empty they have started dry dock work that includes replacing every suite window. Every suite is getting totally redone down to new wall panels.

Thanks for the info. That is interesting and will be waiting for people to post some post drydock pics.

We had Patrick as a concierge on the Star and liked him too. On the Dawn the butler and concierge were less than stellar. In our case the room steward was doing some of the butler's work.

Hanno was our concierge and Dominic was our butler. They were both terrific. Any requests were taken care of. If not the day we asked, but by the following day! Gummy bears (which we soaked in rum, Rummy Gummies)....M & Ms, we asked for sandwich quarters everyday rather than canapés, not a problem. We were going to LeBistro for our anniversary and Dominic surprised us with a cake in the cabin and decorated the master bedroom with balloons, streamers and a Happy Anniversary banner.

I was able to tour both Garden Villas, once with the concierge and once the GV guests offered to show it to our next door neighbors and we tagged along....Oh La La, I should have done the UPSELL, just kidding, it would have been great with our kids, but way too much room for just 2 people!!