bye bye george lopez

shof515

I agree. A couple of minutes of that is fine, but we've been to shows where they spent the entire time talking to audience members that were seated up front. Maybe he was having fun, but I don't go to comedy shows to listen to a one-sided conversation (I typically can't hear what the person in the audience is even saying).

Some comedians can banter with audience very well and as a result each of their 5 shows are different.

However some of them cant make it work for them.

Celebrity branding is something I can do without. A nice chunk of money yearly to someone for having their name and face on a warm up video. Without they can spend more on the talent and less on royalty checks.

We had a comedienne that was so raunchy she asked the men in the audience to send her email pics of their "junk" and she was proudly talking about the collection she had already!! She also ruined a couples vacation by hitting on the a guy while his wife was in the bathroom. She returned and caught her asking if he wanted to go back to her room. The wife calmly asked her to back off. The comedienne then told the wife she could come along too!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We had a comedienne that was so raunchy she asked the men in the audience to send her email pics of their "junk" and she was proudly talking about the collection she had already!! She also ruined a couples vacation by hitting on the a guy while his wife was in the bathroom. She returned and caught her asking if he wanted to go back to her room. The wife calmly asked her to back off. The comedienne then told the wife she could come along too!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow I even know who you are talking about.:eek::eek:

Celebrity branding is something I can do without. A nice chunk of money yearly to someone for having their name and face on a warm up video. Without they can spend more on the talent and less on royalty checks.

like like like

Does anyone buy wine because a celebrity put her name on it?

Didnt see where George Lopez added anything at all so no loss at all.

Carnival has one excellent comedy club manager Jeff the fun dude on the Dream.

Funny guy who does a short bit before each comedian and adds something.

I saw him when I was on the Dream, he was great. If I remember correctly he did the whole comedy show one night because comedian was unable to make the ship for some reason. One of the best shows I have been to.

I saw him when I was on the Dream, he was great. If I remember correctly he did the whole comedy show one night because comedian was unable to make the ship for some reason. One of the best shows I have been to.

Jeff is one funny guy. The other comedy club managers generally dont add anything to the show. And Jeff goes around looking for empty seats so as many passengers as possible can get in.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I like Lopez i think hes vary funny. However i dont know that he is really the carnival type of funny. Gabriel Iglesias seems to fit the more family atmosphere of carnival. For adult lopez was just fine but a good adult comidian doesn't always equat to a good family one but the other way around the odds are better.

Jeff is one funny guy. The other comedy club managers generally dont add anything to the show. And Jeff goes around looking for empty seats so as many passengers as possible can get in.:)

I disagree. How many times have you seen Jeff the unfun dudes act? On our second time seeing him, he was stale and felt like he was rude. We avoid the guy now. I wish they would put him on another ship. Just my opinion.

I disagree. How many times have you seen Jeff the unfun dudes act? On our second time seeing him, he was stale and felt like he was rude. We avoid the guy now. I wish they would put him on another ship. Just my opinion.

Have seen him three times now last a few weeks ago after not seeing him for a few years.

We thought he was about the only comedy club manager who added something to the show.

Guess we can agree to disagree than.