bye bye george lopez

shof515

IMO, the worst comedy on the ship is usually by the Carnival Fun Staff person introducing the comedians. They tell the lamest, most banal and juvenile jokes. I can hear the audience moan with displeasure at their attempts to be funny.

They do set the audience up, since any comedian will be better than them.

THIS!!!

Ugh they are AWFUL.

ONLY time I didn't groan beforehand was when the CD (Rev Dr E) replaced her because she was sick.

(CRAP!!! Now I can't get the LOW-RI-DER song out of my head!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't care for George Lopez and glad I won't see the stupid promos before each show.

I still don't know what he brought to Carnival. I saw the same comedians before and after Carnival hired him.

Don't care either way. But, would like to hear comedians that don't have to rely on the "F" word in an 18+ show, just to get a laugh.

Me too! We stopped going to the late comedy shows because of that. 5 times in one sentence just gets old.

Don't care either way. But, would like to hear comedians that don't have to rely on the "F" word in an 18+ show, just to get a laugh.
I concur. The great Red Skelton said that you don't have to get nasty to be funny. More comedians need to study the masters.

I concur. The great Red Skelton said that you don't have to get nasty to be funny. More comedians need to study the masters.

Agreed. We need more of the likes of Rodney Dangerfield, Henny Youngman, Don Rickles, the list goes on and on...

"My wife told me she wants to go somewhere she's never been before. I said, how about the kitchen!"

We hardly ever go to Comedy Shows and even if we go we hardly stay more than 10 minutes. For the same reason

Big thumbs up to this. Great comedians are those that can be funny with anything around them and not have to resort to foul language. I really like comedians that can do great improv. Jonathan Winters is one of my all time favorite imrpov comedians and my wife and I really enjoy comedians like Jim Gaffigan. Love to see someone of that caliber on the ship.

We hardly ever go to Comedy Shows and even if we go we hardly stay more than 10 minutes. For the same reason

What bothers me is the way they setup the adult show as to prime the audience that, for the next 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, you're going to hear bathroom humor.

What bothers me is the way they setup the adult show as to prime the audience that, for the next 1/2 hour to 45 minutes, you're going to hear bathroom humor.

Great comedians can take that swearing /bathroom humor and make it great. Think Louis CK. The comedian on our last cruise was amazing! Mark Hawking was his name and I really enjoyed his adult shows.

Great comedians can take that swearing /bathroom humor and make it great. Think Louis CK. The comedian on our last cruise was amazing! Mark Hawking was his name and I really enjoyed his adult shows.

Good analogy ...love Louis CK ;).

I'm in the don't really care for George Lopez group. In fact, I was just telling DH last night (after seeing a commercial for his new show) that I didn't like him and none of his shows seem to do really well.

I also have to agree about the F bomb. I have no problem with curse words if they fit a situation. However, I hate it when it seems that every other word is one and it is only there for shock value.

No change. Only thing is Carnival will likely save money by no longer having to pay George Lopez for use of his name/likeness.

Although on last cruise, for the first time, there was a comedian that I had heard of before.

Agreed.

Thank you, I agree 100%. I have gotten to the point where we go to the family friendly show. I don't mind adult humor, but it should be more than just bathroom talk, body parts and the F-bomb. A little of it is okay, but not every other word.

I don't mind swearing and bathroom humor if the person is funny. But some of them aren't. They kind of remind me of some teens, just saying it to say it. ;)