Chef's Table vs. Winemaker's Dinner

On the Royal we did both the Chef's Table and Winemaker's dinner. On a Regal B2B we did the Winemaker's dinner on each leg.

I imagine everyone's opinion is a bit subjective. First of all we did enjoy all of these events. The chef's Table dinner was special in that the meal was prepared and served by Chef Marzi. Everything about the evening and the meal was truly excellent.

We've enjoyed all the Winemaker's dinners. Perhaps in the long run they offer better value, but that's just my opinion.

On the Royal we did both the Chef's Table and Winemaker's dinner. On a Regal B2B we did the Winemaker's dinner on each leg.

I imagine everyone's opinion is a bit subjective. First of all we did enjoy all of these events. The chef's Table dinner was special in that the meal was prepared and served by Chef Marzi. Everything about the evening and the meal was truly excellent.

We've enjoyed all the Winemaker's dinners. Perhaps in the long run they offer better value, but that's just my opinion.

I haven't done both on the same cruise but would agree that at $40 for the Winemakers Dinner is my best option vs. the $115 Chef's Table Lumiere.

Both of these are only available on Royal-class ships & wish they'd add the WM dinner to other ships. The CT was successful before the Lumiere's ring of lights & the WM Dinner would be successful on other Princess ships even without the wine cellar. For only $11 more than the Crown Grill (recently price increased from $25 to $29) the Winemakers Dinner is a great option but like the CT participation is limited.

I haven't done both on the same cruise but would agree that at $40 for the Winemakers Dinner is my best option vs. the $115 Chef's Table Lumiere.

Both of these are only available on Royal-class ships & wish they'd add the WM dinner to other ships. The CT was successful before the Lumiere's ring of lights & the WM Dinner would be successful on other Princess ships even without the wine cellar. For only $11 more than the Crown Grill (recently price increased from $25 to $29) the Winemakers Dinner is a great option but like the CT participation is limited.

Agree with you 100%. Would love to see the Winemaker's dinners available throughout the fleet.

Has any one done both the Chef's Table AND the Winemakers dinner within the same sailing? We are looking to do both over out NYE sailing this year... I was curious if anyone has been selected or at least tried to do both.

We did the winemakers first with Davida & a enjoyed it, next cruise with Roberto & was terrible, he disappeared to another table & everything we had originally they said they don`t do anymore, Roberto returns at the end of meal just to make desert. So, it all depends on who hosts it.

Agree with you 100%. Would love to see the Winemaker's dinners available throughout the fleet.

I keep campaigning with Princess to add it fleetwide and think it'd be a great addition unlike some recent changes that are not good for me but may be for other passengers.

We did the winemakers first with Davida & a enjoyed it, next cruise with Roberto & was terrible, he disappeared to another table & everything we had originally they said they don`t do anymore, Roberto returns at the end of meal just to make desert. So, it all depends on who hosts it.

Davide was GREAT and his love of food & service was very evident! I don't recall the name of the other headwaiters for our 2 other WM Dinners but they were efficient & actively participated in the meal...just not like Davide's exuberance for the dining & wine experience...Molto Bene!!! :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

I just love the chef's table, I've been able to do it on all of the Princess sailings I've been on. I hate to have to pass on it if I also requested the wine maker's dinner. I'm happy to hear that some people that are on single voyages have been able to go to both.

The 10 passengers at our Winemaker's dinner on the Royal in October were unanimous in saying that it should be expanded throughout the fleet and offered more frequently on cruises. My DH was willing to pay for it every night if they varied the menu :).

We have experienced the Chef's Table 3 times and enjoyed each of them but have no desire to do it again, especially at the current prices. That said, we'll be on the Crown for a month in December with my DS and BIL who have never experienced a Chef's Table dinner so maybe we will change our minds.

Edited by capriccio

The 10 passengers at our Winemaker's dinner on the Royal in October were unanimous in saying that it should be expanded throughout the fleet and offered more frequently on cruises. My DH was willing to pay for it every night if they varied the menu :).

We have experienced the Chef's Table 3 times and enjoyed each of them but have no desire to do it again, especially at the current prices. That said, we'll be on the Crown for a month in December with my DS and BIL who have never experienced a Chef's Table dinner so maybe we will change our minds.

Besides the price, can you describe what the difference is between the two dinners? Much appreciated.

Besides the price, can you describe what the difference is between the two dinners? Much appreciated.

The Chef Table dinners & wines are better than the Winemakers Dinner.

If you click on this link you can view examples of menus for both options:

http://www.beyondships2.com/royal-princess-menus.html

All three of our WM Dinners have been the Michael Mondavi menu & on a long cruise we considered going another time. We would have gone again but the headwaiter said the Mondavi menu is most popular & would be repeated so we didn't go to have the same menu.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The Chef's table is a real experience. We did it twice and enjoyed it very much! Soooo much food and soooo much wine. Loved it all!

The Wine Makers dinner was delicious with not nearly as many courses. Did not care for the Mondavi wines though.

I would do either one again.