Can anyone confirm the Cloud's arrival time in Venice tomorrow, 5 May 2016?

Portolan

We'll be boarding her on the 6th, but are in a hotel overlooking the main channel into Venice and would like to see her arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately the April itineraries (her current cruise started 29 April, I believe) are gone from the Silversea web site. Maybe someone has it in hard copy?

Thanks.

Well a Port of Venice search doesnt help ! It has no listing !

You must have a phone contact number for the ship in your SS package ? Phone them and ask what time they are gliding past !

Or sit by the window from 4am :D

We'll be boarding her on the 6th, but are in a hotel overlooking the main channel into Venice and would like to see her arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately the April itineraries (her current cruise started 29 April, I believe) are gone from the Silversea web site. Maybe someone has it in hard copy?

Thanks.

I can't link to or mention the exact site since it's a travel agency but they show the Cloud with a 8:00 AM arrival. That's probably the notional docking time and the slow sail in takes quite a bit of time. We've been on two Silversea cruises into Venice and my recollection is we passed St Mark's Square as early as 6 AM on the Wind and as late as 7:30 AM on the Spirit. Doesn't help that I don't remember the scheduled arrival times. Wish I could be of more help to a Reston resident......lived there 16 years until we moved to San Antonio.

Edited by Randyk47

Thanks.

The site I view indicated the arrival time for the Cloud was 07:30.

The Cloud passed by our hotel and St. Mark's about 0645 looking good. Got some great pix (which I can't post...travelling light on electronics). All ships entering/leaving Venice look a bit strange since their stern is tethered to a tug running backwards which clearly favors stopping over maneuvering.

The Cloud passed by our hotel and St. Mark's about 0645 looking good. Got some great pix (which I can't post...travelling light on electronics). All ships entering/leaving Venice look a bit strange since their stern is tethered to a tug running backwards which clearly favors stopping over maneuvering.

Appreciate this follow-up and the many added details. Very interesting!! When handy, would love for you later to see some of your pictures posted and shared.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 59,515 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

The Cloud passed by our hotel and St. Mark's about 0645 looking good. Got some great pix (which I can't post...travelling light on electronics).

Such a tease! ;)

Looking forward to the pictures as well. Venice is up there on our "must return" list. It's been almost 10 years since we ended a cruise there. Want to stay a few days and have a more relaxed visit.