MSC Divina

ELC512

I have a cruise booked for Saturday May 7th. I would like to know if anyone can tell me, is balcony room 13220 is located in a pretty good part of the ship and is it a nice room? Thanks

I have a cruise booked for Saturday May 7th. I would like to know if anyone can tell me, is balcony room 13220 is located in a pretty good part of the ship and is it a nice room? Thanks

Wow, you are at the very back of the ship. I see a standard veranda cabin and balcony for that cabin. But really, you need to check with Skier52. He is the Divina cabin expert.

Cheers.

Armando.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I am also on that sailing. If you would like to join what we call a roll call, a place where people all going on the same cruise can talk before we meet on the ship, click here. You're a little late to the game, some people are already in transit on their way to the ship. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248737

Wow, you are at the very back of the ship. I see a standard veranda cabin and balcony for that cabin.

That is correct

192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) balcony 42 sq. ft. plexiglass

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I forgot to say that it directly below the buffet, albeit a corner of the buffet, so I wouldn't be surprised if you had some overhead noise. AS you are right at the back there shouldn't be much noise from other guests walking in the corridors.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I am also on that sailing. If you would like to join what we call a roll call, a place where people all going on the same cruise can talk before we meet on the ship, click here. You're a little late to the game, some people are already in transit on their way to the ship. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2248737

I can't seem to find the meet and greet list but, we are George and Linda from Florida. This will be our first MSC cruise and we loyalty matched from CCL Diamond to MSC Black. We will spend Friday night in Miami so we can be ready bright and early for the ship. We are in an aft facing balcony on deck 12. We are going into this with an open mind and are sure that we will have a great cruise since all of our cruises are. If this works like we think it will, we may book the Seaside for 2018.

See everyone soon!

I can't seem to find the meet and greet list but, we are George and Linda from Florida. This will be our first MSC cruise and we loyalty matched from CCL Diamond to MSC Black. We will spend Friday night in Miami so we can be ready bright and early for the ship. We are in an aft facing balcony on deck 12. We are going into this with an open mind and are sure that we will have a great cruise since all of our cruises are. If this works like we think it will, we may book the Seaside for 2018.

See everyone soon!

We sailed the first time on MSC in the Divina, April 9th, and we like it enough to book again for the Saturday. As an experienced cruiser, I think you will like it and be pleasantly surprised with MSC. They deliver a good product for the price. Not everyone is happy, see the reviews, and not everything is perfect, but it's a good product for the price and a pleasant departure from the other traditional cruise lines in the price range, or just above. The Black Label perks are the icing on the cake. I believe yo will receive two free specialty dinning dinners. We recommend the Galaxy restaurant for food quality, service and location.

Don't feel bad about not finding the "meet & greet" list. We have not fund it either. I don't think anyone bothered to start one, or if they did, "it's a secret one". maybe they will include you.

Well, enjoy. See you on board.

Cheers.

Armando & Maria.

Miami, FL.

Thank you. Hope to meet some of our fellow cruisers on Saturday. This will be the latest sailaway other than from San Juan. I would guess that we allow more time for the non-US folks flying in.

So far the worst aspect of this cruise is MSC's website and phone help. Sure hope that improves but we are looking forward to sailing on a new cruise line. We're not looking to abandon Carnival and we have two more booked this year and are planning another one next year but we have sailed on 9 different cruise lines and MSC will make 10. I know some things will be different but a little change can be good. Looking forward to Saturday.

We are on 13 deck now and the noise is minimal. We are also near a bank of lifts. Our friends are in an aft cabin on 12!and love it! Perks from black card are great. It seems that every day when you return to your cabin a gift or invite is waiting for you. We are loving the food in the main dining room. But we love Italian food. The buffet is huge and has a good selection. If you go in at breakfast they even have a bacon and egg breakfast pizza.

Just to say ship announcements are minimal, Darren the cruise director is very inoffensive.

And what is funny is that a lot of the critical comments from this forum seem to have been answered, it's as though some one from MSC is reading and acting on the negative criticism . Or maybe we are just having a great time and enjoying it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are on 13 deck now and the noise is minimal. We are also near a bank of lifts. Our friends are in an aft cabin on 12!and love it! Perks from black card are great. It seems that every day when you return to your cabin a gift or invite is waiting for you. We are loving the food in the main dining room. But we love Italian food. The buffet is huge and has a good selection. If you go in at breakfast they even have a bacon and egg breakfast pizza.

Just to say ship announcements are minimal, Darren the cruise director is very inoffensive.

And what is funny is that a lot of the critical comments from this forum seem to have been answered, it's as though some one from MSC is reading and acting on the negative criticism . Or maybe we are just having a great time and enjoying it all!

Glad you're having a good time. We're looking forward to our first MSC cruise this Saturday. What cabin are your friends in? We are in 12258 aft facing, first cabin towards the starboard side. Is the balcony large enough for a lounger? Excited about trying something new. Keep having fun!

The Black Label perks are the icing on the cake. I believe yo will receive two free specialty dinning dinners. We recommend the Galaxy restaurant for food quality, service and location.

Can you tell me if the black label diners order off the regular specialty restaurant menu or are give an abbreviated menu.

Also, can someone give an opinion of the Yacht Club dining compared to the specialty restaurants. And I'll go one step further. The YC vs Celebrity's Luminae. I know that's pushing it:p

Can you tell me if the black label diners order off the regular specialty restaurant menu or are give an abbreviated menu.

Also, can someone give an opinion of the Yacht Club dining compared to the specialty restaurants. And I'll go one step further. The YC vs Celebrity's Luminae. I know that's pushing it:p

There are several recent posts detailing the menus for Black Label card holders in the steakhouse. I believe both the steakhouse and the disco restaurant have set menus. It doesn't look like you can order off of the regular menu. Feedback has generally been that the meals are pretty good.

The Yacht Club restaurant is wonderful. I have experienced both the Yacht Club restaurant and Luminae. They are somewhat different in food and atmosphere. The YC restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. The lunch menus change daily and we found them to be quite good! Luminae lacks a changing lunch menu and it is only open for lunch during sea days. Dinner in the YC was usually excellent. The dishes tended to be more Italian in preparation and flavors. Both restaurants were very good. I may give a slight edge to Luminae just because there were more choices and options on their dinner menu. But the YC restaurant is more intimate and the tables are spaced further apart. The entire Yacht Club experience beats Celebrity's suite class experience. If they would just allow Yacht Club members to have drinks included in areas outside of the Yacht Club, I think they would have an unbeatable product.

See everyone soon!

Welcome! Yes, the roll call is pretty quiet, we never even agreed to meet anywhere, maybe we can arrange something once on board.

There was a Cruise Critic get together arranged for yesterday at 16.00 in one of the bars. This was in in the Daily News Sheet but I saw it too late so I missed it sadly.

I agree with Frederic, I think overall the YC beats the Celebrity Suite experience hands down, and I am a long time Celebrity client. We spent 12 days on a Celebrity Suite med cruise last summer and Luminae was very good, service excellent, and food choices pretty varied, and I would definitely do it again. However we found the food in Le Muse to be better prepared, the service exceptional, and the atmosphere much more intimate and fine restaurant like. Can't go wrong either way but the pool, and lounge for YC passengers is the tipping point for me, we sail again in YC in 3 weeks. Enjoy.

Edited by mtgman101

I agree with Frederic, I think overall the YC beats the Celebrity Suite experience hands down, and I am a long time Celebrity client. We spent 12 days on a Celebrity Suite med cruise last summer and Luminae was very good, service excellent, and food choices pretty varied, and I would definitely do it again. However we found the food in Le Muse to be better prepared, the service exceptional, and the atmosphere much more intimate and fine restaurant like. Can't go wrong either way but the pool, and lounge for YC passengers is the tipping point for me, we sail again in YC in 3 weeks. Enjoy.

We always hesitate to leave our favored lines where we had spent so much time and treasure on our way to exalted status. The only reason we'll be on the Divina next week is because I seriously misjudged DW's desire to do something special this year for our anniversary and her birthday. Fortunately, the YC had some room, and we had been wanting to try it for some time, so here we are. Seeing the laudatory reviews of Le Muse makes me even more anxious to be on board. We've taken so many cruises, I had reached the "ho-hum" stage. This has rekindled a bit of excitement and that hasn't occurred in some years.