Sagrada Familia Tower... Which one?

(initially typed "famiglia" - oops! but my Italian lessons are paying off!!)

Title says it all. My tour that I'm doing ends at Sagrada Familia and I've gotten a ticket to enter. As a bonus, the company I'm using is buying me a ticket to go up in one of the towers (I know that you pick one and can pick it the day of your visit).

Which have you done - the Nativity or the Passion? And if you've been lucky enough to be able to do both, which would you recommend?

Thanks!

We've only gone up the Nativity facade tower, so I can't make a comparison for you. We chose it because it's the side that Gaudi worked on. (Also, because you have to walk down, the lines for tickets are usually shorter. This was not an issue for us, as this visit was in the winter. And this was six years ago too, so the whole process may have changed.)

The view from the top was beautiful. La Sagrada Familia is simply amazing (we visited again nearly two years ago); enjoy your trip!

MedCruise2010106.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

(initially typed "famiglia" - oops! but my Italian lessons are paying off!!)

Title says it all. My tour that I'm doing ends at Sagrada Familia and I've gotten a ticket to enter. As a bonus, the company I'm using is buying me a ticket to go up in one of the towers (I know that you pick one and can pick it the day of your visit).

Which have you done - the Nativity or the Passion? And if you've been lucky enough to be able to do both, which would you recommend?

Thanks!

I went up the Passion Facade because it seemed to say there was a lift to go down. We ended up walking down anyway, that was not a big deal (not sure how it happened).

To be honest I was totally underwhelmed by the Towers but loved the basilica itself. I literally cried at one point because I thought it was so beautiful. The audio guide was really helpful.

One piece of advice is that we booked to enter at 9.15 am. I booked the Tower for 15 minutes later. It was a Sunday morning, the queue to enter was only five minutes and we got straight up the Tower. It was only then that we did the tour of the Basilica. We were watching the clock somewhat because we had to check out of our hotel by noon to board the ship. The timing was perfect and it was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday morning in BCN before the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

We were at Sagrada Familia 3 weeks ago. Security regulations have changed so that to go up either tower, you must have a tower/church tour package. Separate church and tower entry tickets were not available. Check their website. We were very disappointed.

We were there last month. Passion towers were closed (construction work, maybe) so only Nativity towers were available. The morning of out tickets there was rain and high wind, so the towers were closed.

If you don't mind the walk down, I'd pick the Nativity towers. They're the one that Gaudi supervised, and I think it has the skybridge between the towers.