Anyone else bored with the Steakhouse menu?

Especially the sides and desserts?? I go at least once every cruise, and have since it was introduced as "The Supper Club" and I love the experience but I've really tired of the menu.

As a whole the menu has seen little to no change since it was introduced. One change I remember is the removal of the fan favorite porterhouse steak. If anyone remembers any others, please let me know!

I would love to see new side dishes such as potatoes au gratin, lobster macaroni and cheese, sweet potato soufflé, maybe some asparagus? And the desserts...the cheesecake is big and not much else. The chocolate sampler is great and don't want to see it go but please, some variety! Would love a bread pudding, some mousse, creme brulee, some kind of cake, anything to change it up a bit.

They change the Chef's Table all the time. Why not the Steakhouse?

Change would be welcomed, but we don't have any complaints whatsoever. Looking forward to eating there in 2 weeks!

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll still be eating there lol. Probably twice since my next cruise is a 9 day. But yes, I'd be happy to see some change.

Yes, I would love to see some change. I have grown bored of the selections and only get the Filet with broccoli now. The cheesecake, while BIG, just isn't rich enough for me and the chocolate sampler is just ok now.

Got the prime steak last month for a change and it was horrible. Too much fat and gristle. :(

We still go every cruise at least once.

I hope it is never changes. It would generate as much stupidity as the change to the American Table has. Can you imagine the number of people who would complain that they went to the Steakhouse on the first night and couldn't find a thing on the menu that they would eat. BUT they still got charged the $35.00 because they made the reservation and arrived there for it.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

I hope it is never changed. It would generate as much stupidity as the change to the American Table has. Can you imagine the number of people who would complain that they went to the Steakhouse on the first night and couldn't find a thing on the menu that they would eat. BUT they still got charged the $35.00.

LOL!

Luckily the menus are available for people to peruse before they make a reservation ;)

They can keep the entree's and the appetizers and the salads. Those are fine and generally steakhouse staples. But the sides and desserts are dated/boring and need work. They can keep the basic baked potato/mashed potatoes but please. I need something new!! :(

RE: American Table. People simply don't like change. AT looks awesome to me and I'm looking forward to trying it. The first instances of it raised my eyebrow a bit but they've added so much old stuff back that the differences between it and the old menu are so minimal.

I go to many land based restaurants where the menu hasn't changed in years and years and yet the customers still seem to come in droves and these are places without a "captured" clientele.

I am sure it would be nice to have a rotating menu at the steak house but it just doesn't seem feasible....supplies and food items need to be ordered months in advance and "cooks" need to be trained on how to prepare the individual dishes. On a cruise ship they don't have the luxury of shopping at a farmer's market on a daily basis looking for new and interesting items...

Besides a cruiseline probably doesn't worry too much about giving "returning" patrons something new and different each time...the odds are that the vast majority of customers cruise less than once a year and unless they eat in the steak room every night they have plenty of variety on the menu to chose from.

Maybe people who cruise often need to try other cruise lines so that they can have different experiences and cuisine...if someone is getting bored with a product maybe they need to expand their horizons.

I go to many land based restaurants where the menu hasn't changed in years and years and yet the customers still seem to come in droves and these are places without a "captured" clientele.

I am sure it would be nice to have a rotating menu at the steak house but it just doesn't seem feasible....supplies and food items need to be ordered months in advance and "cooks" need to be trained on how to prepare the individual dishes. On a cruise ship they don't have the luxury of shopping at a farmer's market on a daily basis looking for new and interesting items...

Besides a cruiseline probably doesn't worry too much about giving "returning" patrons something new and different each time...the odds are that the vast majority of customers cruise less than once a year and unless they eat in the steak room every night they have plenty of variety on the menu to chose from.

Maybe people who cruise often need to try other cruise lines so that they can have different experiences and cuisine...if someone is getting bored with a product maybe they need to expand their horizons.

Land based steakhouses have way more variety than this one so they don't really need to change their menus often if at all. They also usually have daily/seasonal specials.

They've changed other menus on their ships multiple times over the years and have yet to change this one once. Its been over 10 years.

I cruise multiple lines. Still think this menu needs updating.

Thanks for your thoughts!

It would be nice if they had one speciality appetizer and dessert of the day.

This way they could still feature their beloved standards with something new thrown in each day.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

This way they could still feature their beloved standards with something new thrown in each day.

This is actually a pretty good idea!

This would be great!

I think the appetizers, sides and desserts could use a bit of a refresh. Not necessarily removing or changing everything; they must know what is the least ordered items and they could replace them with something a little more currently trendy. Same with the sides - wasabi mashed potatoes are a prior trend, lobster mac n cheese is more current, as would be a sweet potato dish. Desserts could use a bit of an overhaul - change up the chocolate sampler, replace the apple dish with a different fruit dish, and even change the flavour profile of the cheesecake.

I for one would love it if they added lobster mac and cheese and asparagus! DH and I always get the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach and share them. Every time. New options would be great!

Kim

We only cruise once a year, and we've only been to the steakhouse twice. We've got reservations for the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise. Bored with the menu? Maybe in another ten years, but not yet.

I think the appetizers, sides and desserts could use a bit of a refresh. Not necessarily removing or changing everything; they must know what is the least ordered items and they could replace them with something a little more currently trendy. Same with the sides - wasabi mashed potatoes are a prior trend, lobster mac n cheese is more current, as would be a sweet potato dish. Desserts could use a bit of an overhaul - change up the chocolate sampler, replace the apple dish with a different fruit dish, and even change the flavour profile of the cheesecake.

Yes, exactly.

Thank you for bringing up the steakhouse trend factor! I agree 1000% (obviously).

I for one would love it if they added lobster mac and cheese and asparagus! DH and I always get the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach and share them. Every time. New options would be great!

Kim

I'd be in for the lobster Mac N' Cheese :D

Yes. Why should they change a menu for a few repeat customers? Most are thrilled with eating there as a treat.

Especially the sides and desserts?? I go at least once every cruise, and have since it was introduced as "The Supper Club" and I love the experience but I've really tired of the menu.

As a whole the menu has seen little to no change since it was introduced. One change I remember is the removal of the fan favorite porterhouse steak. If anyone remembers any others, please let me know!

I would love to see new side dishes such as potatoes au gratin, lobster macaroni and cheese, sweet potato soufflé, maybe some asparagus? And the desserts...the cheesecake is big and not much else. The chocolate sampler is great and don't want to see it go but please, some variety! Would love a bread pudding, some mousse, creme brulee, some kind of cake, anything to change it up a bit.

They change the Chef's Table all the time. Why not the Steakhouse?

Remove all beef. Serve fish.