Mr Sancho's Question

kristencruisin

We will be in Cozumel from 7-4:30 -- I am terrified of not making it back to the ship in time - for those that have been there before, what time should we leave Mr Sanchos to get back to the ship in time? I'm wondering time to grab taxi, walk through all that, get on ship?

I would leave Mr Sanchos by 3:30. That will give you plenty of time. If you want to soak in the atmosphere at the port, then make it 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be in Cozumel from 7-4:30 -- I am terrified of not making it back to the ship in time - for those that have been there before, what time should we leave Mr Sanchos to get back to the ship in time? I'm wondering time to grab taxi, walk through all that, get on ship?

We've been there numerous times and can't wait to go back :D . Since all aboard would be at 4, I would leave Mr. Sanchos at 3. The trip is 15-20 each way however traffic will thicken toward the end of the day. This would make for a stress free return. Have fun!

It is about 10 or 15 minutes drive from the pier, so I'd start heading back around 3:30. that leaves a buffer to grab the cab, walk through security, deal with a traffic issue, etc.

It's about a 15-20 minute taxi ride. We left at about 2, and it was starting to rain anyway. The other guests were leaving at around the same time... everyone heading towards the gate to grab a cab. We got back by 2:30, and the walk from the taxi area to the ship is about 5-10 minutes max. We stopped and bought a few things on the way back to the ship.

I was worried that leaving at 2 would seem like our day was short - but by 2, I was ready to go and I had soaked up as much of the sun, food, pool, and resort as I could.

If your ship leaves at 4:30PM, it's recommended by Carnival to be back on board by 4PM.

To do that comfortably and without worry, I would leave Mr Sancho's or Nachi no later then 3PM. That gives 20 mins ride back, 5 minute walk to ship through the pier area, and 15 minutes waiting in line to board.

You will then be on board and able to watch any pier runners as you congratulate yourself as not being one of them.

Why would you be terrified? There are a gazzilion taxis everywhere.

We always plan to be at the port area an hour before the stated time. This gives us plenty of cushion should something go wrong. It never fails that just as we're ready to leave Mr. Sancho's, everyone in our group needs to go to the bathroom!

If we have time, we wonder in the shops at the port or grab a drink or if we've had too much fun at Sancho's, a shower and a nap before dinner!

I agree with the above poster. I always plan to be back to the port an hour before the scheduled boarding time. You never know how the traffic will be closer to boarding time and you can always do some shopping or have a drink before you get back on board. At least you know you have arrived back to port in plenty of time.

We usually leave about 2-2:30. The past couple cruises had elegant night on Cozumel day. Doesn't make much sense to me as that's like THE major party/drinking port. So we leave early to get showered, slightly sobered up, and presentable for dinner [emoji39]

I am one to always head back to the ship early, but just to ease some of your worry, cozumel is extremely easy to get around by taxi. Taxis are lined up everywhere and the ride is only a few miles down one road. That being said, personally I would leave by 3. That will give you plenty of time to get a taxi, any possible traffic, and have time to poke around at the many souvenir shops that are in the port area before making your way back to the ship. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We usually leave about 2-2:30. The past couple cruises had elegant night on Cozumel day. Doesn't make much sense to me as that's like THE major party/drinking port. So we leave early to get showered, slightly sobered up, and presentable for dinner [emoji39]

Love this. We were thinking the same thing when we cruise and visit in Jan.