Post cruise hotels in Boston

HI:

We will have a couple of days to kill in Boston after a fall cruise from Quebec City. Does anyone have some hotel suggestions in a fairly touristy area where we can wander around? And not too far from Greyhound depot (have to get back to Quebec to get the car). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HI:

We will have a couple of days to kill in Boston after a fall cruise from Quebec City. Does anyone have some hotel suggestions in a fairly touristy area where we can wander around? And not too far from Greyhound depot (have to get back to Quebec to get the car). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you post on the East Coast Departures, CC member 138east always has good hotel and travel suggestions. Have you got a definite date? The Head of Charles rowing regatta is Oct 22-23, and hotels get very pricey around this time.

Nice thing about Boston, is you can just about walk anywhere. The bus terminal is at South Station, which is handy to most of the tourist areas, though even North Station is as well.

If you post on the East Coast Departures, CC member 138east always has good hotel and travel suggestions. Have you got a definite date? The Head of Charles rowing regatta is Oct 22-23, and hotels get very pricey around this time.

Nice thing about Boston, is you can just about walk anywhere. The bus terminal is at South Station, which is handy to most of the tourist areas, though even North Station is as well.

Thanks for the advice.

I stayed at the Seaport Hotel last year for work -- very nice (but not cheap). Tons of restaurants within walking distance and we easily caught a cab to get to the office in the morning. I told my husband that if we every cruise out of Boston, that's the hotel I want to stay in before the cruise! I had a corner room with views of the harbor and airport.

I'll give you one recommendation, and pleas please please just google it and check it out. Omni Parker House. Coolest dam hotel I have ever stayed at. Old fashioned, cool bars, and great restaurant. It's even supposed to be haunted! We stayed 3 nights before our cruise. I can't wait to get back there!

This is the hotel that we chose to stay. We are going in Oct as well and haven't stayed here before. The reviews are favorable. Good luck

Copley House

https://ssl.hotels.com/hotel/details.html?pos=HCOM_US&locale=en_US&hotelId=250984&tab=description&rffrid=eml.hcom.US.430.00.2016.03.05.src00.00.00.0000.0000.00.0000&intlid=Body_HotelName_H839.012.003_H2122.011.003

I'll give you one recommendation, and pleas please please just google it and check it out. Omni Parker House. Coolest dam hotel I have ever stayed at. Old fashioned, cool bars, and great restaurant. It's even supposed to be haunted! We stayed 3 nights before our cruise. I can't wait to get back there!

Stayed at the Omni a few years back for a convention - Great hotel and home to the Original Parker House Rolls - in the downtown area and walking distance to the park , lots of bus options, and also on the freedom Trail

They're really all pretty good in the city.

The Langham is another one. Copley Plaza.

Do you want to be near anything in particular?

I live here so if you tell me what you want to be closest to, it would help.

And the Fall is pricier than Boston's normal high prices.

If you want alternatives in cities just outside Boston that are on "the T," I can give you several of those and they will definitely be cheaper.

The T will get you wherever you want to go....eventually. Ha!

bbryan,

Please come to Boston soon!!

Patty and Scott