A day of relaxing on a beach?

GAPeach68

I had my heart set on Maya Chan for our one day in Costa Maya and it is booked. I am looking for the same sort of thing.....relaxing day on a beautiful beach with food and drinks. A massage wouldn't hurt either. It will be me and my husband in our 40's. Thanks!

GaPeach...look up Almaplena. A little further south than Maya Chan but a very nice setup and it's an AI.

If you don't want to go that route, then look up mitsugirly's posts and reviews on Blue Kay on this board. It's at the very beginning of the malecon. Grab a taxi and have them drive you there, separate entrance road before the first tram stop. No reservations needed. less crowded than the main malecon beaches.

You can get a sense of what all the places look like along the main malecon in the link in my signature.

• 4 weeks later...
I have been to both Almaplena and Blue Kay on the malecon. Loved both of them and they are very relaxing and beautiful.

You'll find pictures in my signature line with my reviews. There's tons

I've been to Costa Maya 3 times now I think. Twice we just took a taxi and wandered into the places along the malecon, and had buckets of beer and snacks. It was very enjoyable but we wanted to try something different the next time. So, last time we went to Maya Chan, and I know I am in the minority here but we really didn't particularly like it there.

So we have booked the Jade and I was thinking we would just amble along the malecon again and pick out a place, but your review of Blue Kay actually has me really excited! Thank you so much for your beautiful pictures and thorough review.

I've been to Costa Maya 3 times now I think. Twice we just took a taxi and wandered into the places along the malecon, and had buckets of beer and snacks. It was very enjoyable but we wanted to try something different the next time. So, last time we went to Maya Chan, and I know I am in the minority here but we really didn't particularly like it there.

So we have booked the Jade and I was thinking we would just amble along the malecon again and pick out a place, but your review of Blue Kay actually has me really excited! Thank you so much for your beautiful pictures and thorough review.

Yea, I'm in the minority too about Maya Chan. It's a wonderful place with wonderful people and food, but the water/beach are just a turn off to me. I require a place with the crystal blue water and that's not something you will get at Maya Chan.

Blue Kay is beautiful IMO and so was the water and the snorkeling was good enough for me and from shore was an added plus. We really loved it there and it will be our go-to place when in Costa Maya from now on (unless something new ever comes up that looks more inviting). :D

We were there last week. Right next door is a beach where they are redoing a resort. They had comfy chairs and umbrellas. Kids snorkeled all day. There was only a couple of other groups there besides us. Massages on the beach. We ordered drinks from Blue Kay. We never paid a fee to use the beach. Down the beach we could see how crowded the other beaches were and we were happy to have a nice relaxing beach mostly to ourselves. A little tip....a vendor came by selling fresh cut up mangos. He sprinkled them with what we thought was nutmeg..... it was chili powder.

• 1 month later...

My family spent an enjoyable day at Blue Kay last December. I just wish they would get some different chairs to lie on, hard as a rock and pretty uncomfortable after a while. Someone suggested bringing a beach type raft/lounger to put on top, but that seems like a nuisance as it would slip all over the chair as well. Daughter had a so-so massage while there, worth the cheap price thou. We plan to check it out in Sept again

Ok I'm a little technically challenged here, how do i get to your pics and signature lines, working from my phone and not sure i have full site function. I want to see blue kay info.

I have an iphone, so not sure if all phones are the same, but I just do the same as if I was on a computer. Go to the signature line, I look for Costa Maya and then click on "Blue Kay" and it takes me right to the review. :)

mitsugirly, it's my phone, found the links on the laptop, tx.

Glad you were able to find it on the laptop. I'm not sure why some have issues viewing it on the phone. I don't seem to have any problems (other than it's so small and my eyes are too bad to read it on the phone :p)