Splenda on the Crown Princess??

big al

Anybody verify that there is SPLENDA available on the Crown?? Important for me to know...thanks!!

Big Al

Yellow packets of Splenda were available on the Crown two weeks ago as were the other types of artificial sweeteners in blue & pink packets.

I always bring along a box of packets of Splenda, just to make sure I'm using the gen-u-ine article and not a generic. A local diner where I go for breakfast has the Costco version. I quickly learned to bring my own.

Edited by Treven

I have to bring my own on another line....looks like I need to bring it on Princess too. Boo hiss. Odd that they had the real thing in December. But if I bring it and they have it, I'll just take mine home. If they are using a nasty generic, I'll have what I like!

There are always the yellow packets with Splenda branded or generic sucralose. Before I gave up artificial sweeteners I had used both and there was no difference, IMHO.

I'm glad that you could tell no difference. I agree, I've used at least 3 generics that were fine. But another cruise line carries only "NutraSweet Yellow" which has a disgusting, metallic aftertaste. It is definitely not the same as the branded product or the other generics. The envelope says it is sucralose, but the difference could be in a filler, the manufacturing process, or whatever.