Single Supplements @ 0 Percent ?

I see that there are several sailings offering Cabins without any single supplement charge (Example: Norwegian Star 05-08-2016, Balcony starting at $799.00, no single supplement charge).

If my math is correct, this would mean that my Hubby and I could either book 1 cabin @ double occupancy -OR- 2 cabins @ single occupancy and pay the same total fare for either option. I must be missing something.

That's a good question. I wonder if they'd allow it with multiple people from the same address. I can see how related parties could turn a no-single-supplement offer into a buy-one-cabin-get-one-cabin-free offer. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some restrictions on the offer for same address or same credit card. They are trying to draw solos to book, not give free double space to people who would have booked anyways.

Good question. Let us know how it turns out if you pursue it. And is there a way you could see there is a solo discount before actually starting the selection/booking process?

Edited by terracool

I see that there are several sailings offering Cabins without any single supplement charge (Example: Norwegian Star 05-08-2016, Balcony starting at $799.00, no single supplement charge).

If my math is correct, this would mean that my Hubby and I could either book 1 cabin @ double occupancy -OR- 2 cabins @ single occupancy and pay the same total fare for either option. I must be missing something.

So does hubby snore ???

I haven't checked lately, but it used to be that zero supplement fare was really a bit higher than the double occupancy rate, at least on some cruise lines.

If my math is correct, this would mean that my Hubby and I could either book 1 cabin @ double occupancy -OR- 2 cabins @ single occupancy and pay the same total fare for either option.

It could actually be a better deal to book separate cabins depending on promos. For example, my DM and myself just completed a 5-day Pacific Coastal. We booked at a reduced single supplement (not zero). At the time we could pick 2 promos plus $100 OBC. We weren't interested in SDP or UBP so we chose the shore excursion credit and internet. Those three items (including the OBC) would've been split between the two of us had we shared a cabin, which we never intended on doing for this cruise. By booking separate cabins we each got the full promos.

I just checked and that sailing is supplement free according to the ad. For them to do that, they must have quite a surplus of cabins so close to sailing:eek: That's unusual.

I just checked and that sailing is supplement free according to the ad. For them to do that, they must have quite a surplus of cabins so close to sailing:eek: That's unusual.

They reap what they have sown over the past year. No point taking $5 a day extra per person if you have half as many people.

Also restricting the offers to 30+ days must have killed the last minute bookings, and those people arent going to book at the 30+ days prices.

It's just the time of year. Graduations are starting, students are taking exams, proms, etc. There is a lot of stuff that happens in May and for a ship to not be packed is not unusual at all. That cruise also happens to be a Baltic cruise and it is still pretty chilly in that area.