How bad is the sofa as a bed?

stefs111

The sofa bed is perfectly comfy. We've had it several times on The Liberty and The Splendor. On The Splendor, we've traveled 9 weeks in the same room with that bed. It's made up as a regular bed, just a little closer to the floor. We'll be in the same type of room on our upcoming Breeze trip next year. It's fine. Enjoy your cruise.

9 weeks in the same room?? Can you adopt me? I would love to take a vacation that long!

We cruised start of April again and a few nights the little one decided she needed to sleep with us, well I guess I should say she decided that she was going to crawl in the bed and take as much of it as humanly possible. So I would go sleep on the sofa bed where she was and I had no issues at all. I'm a good sized fluffy dude and was perfectly comfortable.

The sofa in Magic #10204 was pretty hard :o My 5 year old nephew couldnt sleep on it and he can sleep about anywhere. :D

A foam pad would go a long ways in making it more comfy.

My 16yo had a hard time sleeping on the couch - he's over 6ft and struggled with turning over - our room steward was awesome and brought in a roll away bed pushed right up against the couch. She laid a comforter over it and then a fitted sheet to make it into a queen size bed and prevent the 2 from separating. He said he had the best sleep ever after that. If losing space in the room is not a issue as you do lose significant floor space then this is a great solution. Our room did look like one giant bed though :-) but since we literally were in there to sleep and get ready it wasn't a big deal.

Sis says the one's she's slept on (on Carnival) are better than the mattresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree with Sadie's sis. Way more comfy than the mattress. My only time sleeping on the sofa was on the Pride two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We cruised start of April again and a few nights the little one decided she needed to sleep with us, well I guess I should say she decided that she was going to crawl in the bed and take as much of it as humanly possible. So I would go sleep on the sofa bed where she was and I had no issues at all. I'm a good sized fluffy dude and was perfectly comfortable.

I'm sorry. I am not the type that answers LOL and all that noise. In fact, I do not have very much of a sense of humor. I let this pass the 1st time I read it, though I thought it really funny, and now seeing it again, have to say the "good sized fluffy dude" really tickled my funny bone. Everytime I was emailed that there had been a reply and saw this again, it really made me smile, "outloud"!

I'm sorry. I am not the type that answers LOL and all that noise. In fact, I do not have very much of a sense of humor. I let this pass the 1st time I read it, though I thought it really funny, and now seeing it again, have to say the "good sized fluffy dude" really tickled my funny bone. Everytime I was emailed that there had been a reply and saw this again, it really made me smile, "outloud"!

Glad it made you smile. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I slept on the sofa bed on the Magic May 21-28. The sofa bed was very hard. My back hurt every night. I sleep on a 4 inch memory foam topper at home. No problems since I got home.

The front of the ship room may have another problem. My friend had the most forward room on Deck 2. It was difficult for her to sleep because it felt that the ship was "running over tree stumps all night." (Her words).

Edited by annabell08
add

Hmm I'm going to have one sleeping on the couch and one sleeping on a Pullman bunk on our cruise in Oct. This will be their first cruise hate for their beds to be uncomfortable. I know it's hit or miss. I wonder if bringing along one of the self inflating camping mats would be a good idea. They roll up small so I could stick them in the bag with the soda. They inflate thin when you unroll them and are pretty darn comfortable, would add a nice cushion to any bed they were put on, they could put it under the sheet and it would definitely be better than the egg crate. They don't really weigh much at all either.

Or they could take their yoga mats they have carry bags, then it would look like they plan on exercising while cruising LOL

it's actually the same bedding as the one you're sleeping in. they simply replace the cushions with the same type mattress. it's pretty much the same base too, if it's a sofa bed.

it's not your run of the mill sofa bed with the 1 inch mattress and coils sticking into your back. don't worry!