Embarkation Pride of America ???

Just boarded POA today. We had the 1 night precruise Waikiki hotel promo. Included bus to port.

Bus was 10:30. No line we got zone B. On board having lunch by 11:45.

We were at Aulani for 5 nights and did some sightseeing so this was our relaxing ship pool day. Busy touring everyday.

Embarkation was very quick with Hawaiian dancers and music to keep us occupied for the 15 min wait.

Enjoying some live music at the pool with a cocktail .... oh yea this cruise has officially started:-)

Kerri

This is almost exactly what we have. We have the NCL precruise hotel which includes the transfer, so I can't really justify paying to go later. We'll have 2.5 days in Waikiki before and 5 nights at Aulani after. We also have a suite so I expect the wait won't be painful.

The thing with POA is there are no sea days, and I know my kids are going to want to spend time at the pool, need to register at the Splash Academy, etc. so I'm kind of viewing Sat afternoon as our "sea day" to get that stuff out of the way.

If we didn't have other time in Oahu and a free transfer I might go later. But in this case sitting by the pool while others board seems like a good deal.

Just boarded POA today. We had the 1 night precruise Waikiki hotel promo. Included bus to port.

Bus was 10:30. No line we got zone B. On board having lunch by 11:45.

We were at Aulani for 5 nights and did some sightseeing so this was our relaxing ship pool day. Busy touring everyday.

Embarkation was very quick with Hawaiian dancers and music to keep us occupied for the 15 min wait.

Enjoying some live music at the pool with a cocktail .... oh yea this cruise has officially started:-)

Kerri

Thanks for this info we are spending a few days at the Hale Koa Hotel and figured we would check out around 11:30. It seems like getting there a bit early is not a bad thing.

• 1 month later...

For those of you who did the transfer from the Marriott, were there a lot of people with this package?

Is 10:30 am the only time available?

We will be getting our own transportation to the port and I typically like to go early, BUT, I don't want to arrive at the same time as buses full of people who get bumped to the front of the line as part of a land/sea package.

I'm platinum, but not in a suite if that makes any difference.

We got to the pier at around 11:30, and were on the ship by 11:45. We left our carryons at East meets West- very convenient, so we didn't have to take them off ship with us - left ship to walk to Palace and King K statue. Picked up our carryons, had lunch, and sat around, as our balcony cabins were not ready until 2:45. (they randomly call out deck levels as they are finished cleaning them) Just for your info - if you do leave ship again, you do not have to wait on the line to get back on. Just walk up to security desk in terminal, and they let you right back into waiting area and onto ship.