Question for a friend

elainmir

My friend who has NEVER ever cruised wants to go on a 25th anniversary cruise next July. If she pays the deposit how long does she have to pay it off? I know it has to be paid off like 60 days in advance..since we pay for all of our cruises in advance I don't know how long she has to pay it off..thanks for your help

This is from the Carnival website:

For new bookings made 12/02/2015 and onwards

For sail dates starting 4/01/2016 and onwards

2 days $100 USD per person $200 USD 60 days prior to sailing

3 days $100 USD per person $200 USD 60 days prior to sailing

4 days $150 USD per person $300 USD 60 days prior to sailing

5 days $150 USD per person $300 USD 60 days prior to sailing

6 days $250 USD per person $500 USD 75 days prior to sailing

7 days $250 USD per person $500 USD 75 days prior to sailing

8 days $250 USD per person $500 USD 75 days prior to sailing

9 days $250 USD per person $500 USD 75 days prior to sailing

10 days and longer $400 USD per person $800 USD 90 days prior to sailing

These questions drive me crazy, second person. Does your friend have a phone or internet? Are you going to book her cabin for her? Wouldn't she want to know first hand what is involved in purchasing a cruise. July is coming up fast I would have her call CCL or a T.A. We like T.A.'s better as you get many more perks and our agent is always very helpful.

Edited by coevan

Give her/him the link to this site....best thing you can do for your friend! Or, tell them to order the brochure from Carnival...they send them out in fairly quick fashion! All the info they need is in the brochure.

They have until FINAL payment date to pay off the cruise.

Edited by cb at sea

My friend who has NEVER ever cruised wants to go on a 25th anniversary cruise next July. If she pays the deposit how long does she have to pay it off? I know it has to be paid off like 60 days in advance..since we pay for all of our cruises in advance I don't know how long she has to pay it off..thanks for your help

likely to sometime in April.

These questions drive me crazy, second person. Does your friend have a phone or internet? Are you going to book her cabin for her? Wouldn't she want to know first hand what is involved in purchasing a cruise. July is coming up fast I would have her call CCL or a T.A. We like T.A.'s better as you get many more perks and our agent is always very helpful.

We sure don't want you to be crazy:rolleyes: yes my friend has a phone and of course she has internet but being a newbie she's on information overload. She wants advice so yes I'm trying to help her. YES I will be helping her book her cruise. I was mistaken in that I didn't put JULY OF 2017 as her sail date. She called a TA who was not helpful so she called me because I've cruised several times. The one thing I could NOT help her with is when she'd have to pay final payment. I pay mine off right away or within a month or two. I never wait until I absolutely HAVE to pay it. I just wanted to help her out. So for those of you who've helped thank you!

<<She called a TA who was not helpful>>

Yes, not all TAs are helpful or give great service or offer deals on cruises.

I actually think that a friend, like you, who has a few cruises under his/her belt can be of a LOT more use than a TA. She's lucky to have you helping her.

Varies, but between 75-90 days of sail date.

It's not like say a lay by where you might only get 30 days to pay, the final payment date doesn't change.

Give her/him the link to this site....best thing you can do for your friend! Or, tell them to order the brochure from Carnival...they send them out in fairly quick fashion! All the info they need is in the brochure.

They have until FINAL payment date to pay off the cruise.

Seriously?

Bill

We sure don't want you to be crazy:rolleyes: yes my friend has a phone and of course she has internet but being a newbie she's on information overload. She wants advice so yes I'm trying to help her. YES I will be helping her book her cruise. I was mistaken in that I didn't put JULY OF 2017 as her sail date. She called a TA who was not helpful so she called me because I've cruised several times. The one thing I could NOT help her with is when she'd have to pay final payment. I pay mine off right away or within a month or two. I never wait until I absolutely HAVE to pay it. I just wanted to help her out. So for those of you who've helped thank you!

What is so confusing that a TA can't tell her when due date is? Just rough out 60 or 75 days and count back.

These boards are supposed to be here for questions like this. Not sure why grumpy critical people feel they must post everything they think. I sail September 17 and my final payment date is July 4. She will have through April maybe even a bit of May to pay for it. Hopefully that will give her enough time. We are having our 25 anniversary cruise in Sept. That is one payment I enjoyed making every month. I added my insurance and gratuities so it is all paid for up front.

Edited by smyliecruising