Tour or not?

Emptynesternow

My daughter and I only want to go to the turtle farm and to the beach....suggestions as to what to do as most include the stingrays. She can't manage the boat/catamaran to do that...as she gets very sea sick on those types of transportation even with medication.

Tried finding a tour company that would just do these 2 things but now I'm wondering if a cab ride is better. I don't want a beach without facilities or loungers....so your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Emptynesternow

Just hop on the bus! $2.50 pp...very reliable! Then, head back, hop off at the beach, then hop another bus when you're ready to head back to the ship. Leave yourself plenty of time coming back to the ship..traffic gets bad in the afternoon! Google "Getting around in Grand Cayman"...lots of info!

If you get off at Seagrape beach, they have lounger/umbrella rentals, food/drink, watersport rentals and restrooms!

Edited by cb at sea

My daughter and I only want to go to the turtle farm and to the beach....suggestions as to what to do as most include the stingrays. She can't manage the boat/catamaran to do that...as she gets very sea sick on those types of transportation even with medication.

Tried finding a tour company that would just do these 2 things but now I'm wondering if a cab ride is better. I don't want a beach without facilities or loungers....so your suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Whatever you decide, keep in mind you'll have to tender in Grand Cayman.

Will your daughter be able to deal with the tender ride?

Just hop on the bus! $2.50 pp...very reliable! Then, head back, hop off at the beach, then hop another bus when you're ready to head back to the ship. Leave yourself plenty of time coming back to the ship..traffic gets bad in the afternoon! Google "Getting around in Grand Cayman"...lots of info!

If you get off at Seagrape beach, they have lounger/umbrella rentals, food/drink, watersport rentals and restrooms!

CB is right on. We have gone to Grand Cayman 3 times and only took one tour. The other two trips we either hoofed it or grabbed a bus/van. It is cheap and efficient.

Agree with CB at sea as always - you'll find the bus is an easy option and a fun way to get to the farm and back. You can walk across the street from the farm to Dolphin Discovery and you can both swim or just watch the dolphins for a few minutes before heading back to a beach. We like Royal Palms beach club and walking across the street to Coconut Joe's for a bite too (Coconut Joe's is a short walk south across from the Marriott.

Edited by blue_water

• 4 weeks later...