Much ado about nothing???

So much for our big suite amenities announcement?? All I have seen/read/heard is that they will be imposing a higher daily gratuity for suite guests...for....???????

Currently, Carnival does not provide suite guests with any special amenities, so, why are we going to be charged more for the same service??

Actually, from what I've seen/read/heard....Carnival is raising gratuities for ALL cabins....with an additional raise for suite guests...and cutting some of the services for non-suite cabins....

That's disappointing....

So much for our big suite amenities announcement?? All I have seen/read/heard is that they will be imposing a higher daily gratuity for suite guests...for....???????

Currently, Carnival does not provide suite guests with any special amenities, so, why are we going to be charged more for the same service??

Actually, from what I've seen/read/heard....Carnival is raising gratuities for ALL cabins....with an additional raise for suite guests...and cutting some of the services for non-suite cabins....

That's disappointing....

What are they cutting for non-suite cabins?

What are they cutting for non-suite cabins?

They are (trying) to cut room stewards visits to once a day....but suites will still get the 'special turn down service'....so, I guess we will still get the chocolates and the regular cabins will not....silly

I agree that increasing the tips by $1.95 per day is basically a wash for what we get now. A bottle of water and laundry. I would never do laundry on vacation but I guess I will now to get the value. I wonder how many other people will do it just because its available and those laundry folks are gonna be busy!

For both of us that's about $27 a week which pays for the "perks" as they call them. Steakhouse breakfast and lunch would have been a real perk but I guess it's just not in the cards. Or priority seating at shows or reserved areas is a great perk on other lines as well.

Oh well, maybe the next version of perks will have more. We still cruise in the suites because of the size and balconies. and carnival really is the most FUN cruise line for us so we'll stay.

Suite cabins will now get bottled water, 1 free bag of laundry and priority tender service as new perks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 bottle of water..Value?? $2?? (I can order a 12pk for like $4):cool:

Laundry....no thanks, I'll do my own :eek:

Priority tender....great if your ship goes to a tender port :rolleyes:

(we booked a cabana at the private island, so priority tender is already on the table)...

1 bottle of water..Value?? $2?? (I can order a 12pk for like $4):cool:

Laundry....no thanks, I'll do my own :eek:

Priority tender....great if your ship goes to a tender port :rolleyes:

(we booked a cabana at the private island, so priority tender is already on the table)...

I doubt that amenities are a reason that anyone books a suite. Carnival it seems, feels the same way.

We still cruise in the suites because of the size and balconies. and carnival really is the most FUN cruise line for us so we'll stay.

We love the Vista Suite...and will continue to book it as long as Carnival doesn't start getting goofy with their pricing.....(like the ncl havens....yikes)

I kept reading that John was going to announce something special. Has he ever said anything? The perks mentioned came off the website I believe.

I heard there were supposed to be more suite perks announced later this year. I'd like to see double VIFP points like other lines.

I believe they are trying to get better tips for the stewards, so they are making an attempt to make us feel better in giving us something for it. They don't get a whole lot of money for the services that they do. Each cruise line takes a cut out of their pay for other things we don't know about. They make below minimum wage. So for some cruisers that pay extra for good service, this will help with the ones who don't.

I doubt that amenities are a reason that anyone books a suite. Carnival it seems, feels the same way.

Agreed....we book the suite for the cabin....we've booked this cabin (VS) several times KNOWING up front that CCL does not provide extra amenities for suites.....

My disappointment comes from being charged extra gratuities for a suite for the same service that everyone receives....gratuities are for SERVICE....extra gratuities should = extra service....

So, if CCL is looking to make an extra buck....raise the fare by $10....but don't charge me $10 +/- for no GOOD reason...

Agreed....we book the suite for the cabin....we've booked this cabin (VS) several times KNOWING up front that CCL does not provide extra amenities for suites.....

My disappointment comes from being charged extra gratuities for a suite for the same service that everyone receives....gratuities are for SERVICE....extra gratuities should = extra service....

So, if CCL is looking to make an extra buck....raise the fare by $10....but don't charge me $10 +/- for no GOOD reason...

Doesn't the suite come with the "perk" of having your cabin ready early & boarding expedited? Basically you get FTTF without paying for it? So the stewards work extra hard to make those suites available before other cabins. That is worth a little extra in my book. Especially if I'm not paying for FTTF.:cool:

Doesn't the suite come with the "perk" of having your cabin ready early & boarding expedited? Basically you get FTTF without paying for it? So the stewards work extra hard to make those suites available before other cabins. That is worth a little extra in my book. Especially if I'm not paying for FTTF.:cool:

You get priority boarding in the lounge (not for FTTF) but your room is not ready when you board. They put it on the FTTF site last month that the suites would have early access to their rooms but now they have dropped that.

It's been a while since the wife and I sailed in a suite on the victory. Around 10 years I think. But all the perks listed were the perks we had back then. Also we had extra tips as they had a room stuart and he has a helper. Both took care of our room.

This was before fttf and priority boarding had a nice lounge with coffee and cookies in it as well as other snacks. We did not eat any if the snacks as we were on board about 10 min after we walked in the door. Super fast.

I will say we have not and will not sail in a carnival suite again. Just not worth the extra cost to us but can see were others would like it.

Edited by rawley2

I booked a suite on my last 2 Carnival sailings, and BOTH times I dropped my bags off and to come back later because the beds were still stripped and they were still cleaning my cabin.....and I'm platinum on top of that. I'm assuming it was an oversight or a two-time glitch that doesn't happen that often.

And, being platinum, I already get all mentioned amenities PLUS 3 bags of laundry option on 7 day cruises. (Also received the 1 liter bottle of water too). So, for the all the ado, combined with the suite perks, or lack thereof, I'll never book a suite on Carnival again. This latest arrangement by Carnival is laughable.

I booked a suite on my last 2 Carnival sailings, and BOTH times I dropped my bags off and to come back later because the beds were still stripped and they were still cleaning my cabin.....and I'm platinum on top of that. I'm assuming it was an oversight or a two-time glitch that doesn't happen that often.

And, being platinum, I already get all mentioned amenities PLUS 3 bags of laundry option on 7 day cruises. (Also received the 1 liter bottle of water too). So, for the all the ado, combined with the suite perks, or lack thereof, I'll never book a suite on Carnival again. This latest arrangement by Carnival is laughable.

Exactly! I'm not saying we will never book another suite with Carnival...we do enjoy the VS very much....but we already pay the premium fare to have that cabin....

And no, the cabins are not ready early (most of the time)....

Faster to the Fun was $49 last year and so worth it if your not paying for a suite, which we get a regular balcony room. Tip the room steward $20 at the beginning and enjoy the special treatment. We always do this. Works great!

The letter says "complimentary in suite bottled water"..Can somebody clarify this?..It is just one bottle of water?

According to a reply in another post, the answer is one bottle. That source was not Carnival.

We had an ocean suite in 2014 (Liberty) & they didn't charge for the bottled water in the suite. It was the big bottles. If we drank one a new one "magically" appeared! :p