What would you give up for a 5% to 10% fare reduction?

LMaxwell

I would also love to pay by carbon footprint. The people who waste food and water and electricity pay more.

Your on a ship in the middle of the ocean and you are concerned with "your" carbon footprint, or someone else's.... Oh, that's funny!:eek:

Sad by funny....

Dear Carnival Customer and Potential Customer:

Carnival management greatly appreciates your participation in a Carnival Corporation post and survey. Rest assured we have read all of your suggestions and are hard at work implementing as many as we can as quickly as we can. Now you must understand as fares have been set several years in advance, the cuts in service may come months before you see any real cuts in fares and to be honest if we find that all these cuts with no cuts in fares still allow us to fill our huge number of ships, fares will not be reduced.

Again thank you for participating in this corporate post.

Have a wonderful Mother's day.

I'm good with robes being for platnum and above. I've been on 6 carnival cruises and never used one. That would save on laundry. Charge $5 per visit to Guys. It's still cheaper than almost all restaurants and you can still get multiple burgers. I like the atrium bar band but don't see a need for the bands that play in the walkway. They are usually playing while there is a deck party anyway. I realize I'll get roasted for saying charge for Guys.

On another note, Carnival might have to drop their prices some anyway. I priced an April cruise out of Galveston. A balcony room on Liberty of the Seas was $100 cheaper than the Breeze and I got a $189 obc and paid no gratuities. RCI has bigger sales and it brings the price close enough to carnival that more people might start looking at them. I know I did.

I use the robes but can take them or leave them, wouldn't effect my vacation one way or the other. They can take the tv, rarely watch it at home so don't watch it while on a cruise. I take along my tablet, if the kids want to watch a movie at night they can watch one preloaded on there. They can take away the germ filled pools and hot tubs (though I'm sure that wouldn't be a popular option) I'll never set foot in them.

I don't use the bars but I know they are big money makers so leave them. I agree the CD could go, never heard anything worth listening to being said by one. I don't need all night food available so closing down those places over night and just keep room service open. I keep my room clean and bed made, no need for a room steward, I'm a big girl, I can do it all by myself. The spa can go, not something I use but it may or may not generate a lot of money for them so that would depend on how much revenue it makes.

There's my personal list. I'm sure there a lot of other things but that's what I can think of off hand.

I use the robes but can take them or leave them, wouldn't effect my vacation one way or the other. They can take the tv, rarely watch it at home so don't watch it while on a cruise. I take along my tablet, if the kids want to watch a movie at night they can watch one preloaded on there. They can take away the germ filled pools and hot tubs (though I'm sure that wouldn't be a popular option) I'll never set foot in them.

I don't use the bars but I know they are big money makers so leave them. I agree the CD could go, never heard anything worth listening to being said by one. I don't need all night food available so closing down those places over night and just keep room service open. I keep my room clean and bed made, no need for a room steward, I'm a big girl, I can do it all by myself. The spa can go, not something I use but it may or may not generate a lot of money for them so that would depend on how much revenue it makes.

There's my personal list. I'm sure there a lot of other things but that's what I can think of off hand.

You have just described the Staten Island Ferry and it is free to ride all day and night if you wish. Amazing what people will put up with in this world these days. And we wonder why things are messed up.

Interesting question...

But... here is a list of random things I HAVE GIVEN up... involuntarily.... to keep a Carnival Cruise cost very close to what I paid 24 years ago, on our First Cruise.

So, all things being equal, here is what I gave up for my 5% increase each year.

Kind of like refinancing a house... keep the payment terms the same, but lessen the amount received.

Let's See...

Midnight Buffets

Five Courses at dinner.. Soup, Salad, Appetizer, Main, Dessert

Shows that featured full Orchestras, two singers and a dozen dancers with elaborate sets.

Full Calypso band

Multiple Choices at lunch. International Buffet. Main Buffet.

Flaming Baked Alaska, Flaming Cherries Jubilee ( ok ok, this I understand)

Captains Party with Free Drinks and Appetizers

These were tough decisions, I am sure. But removing all these has kept the price of Carnival down significantly. DO any of these make or break our cruises? NO! Its all about having a great time.

So... if they keep slicing and modifying to save me money.. sounds good to me. But please keep offering a quality product for our fare instead of offering moderate quality at the "free dining options" and good quality at the "paid" options.

You have just described the Staten Island Ferry and it is free to ride all day and night if you wish. Amazing what people will put up with in this world these days. And we wonder why things are messed up.

So I should be a slob who likes to get drunk, watch tv and eat all night, then go pee in the pool and run around in my robe after a spa rub down? That would make the world a better place. Thanks for clearing that up :p

Like I said it's MY list of things I don't use anyways. No one else needs to agree with it.

Edited by poobears

I don't use the robes, so doing away with them would be fine with me. I would also be fine with adding a charge to extra luggage beyond 2 or 3 bags per person (maybe allow more free luggage on longer voyages). I would also be ok with small increases on the for-fee items such as drinks, steakhouse selections, specialty dining, coffee, photos, etc that passengers can choose whether to partake in or not. After seeing piles of wasted room service food stacked up with dishes up and down the hall, I wonder if a small room service fee of some kind would reduce the waste and the colossal mess.

A luggage fee based on cruise length would be a good one. I've seen people take 6 + bags on a 4 day cruise plus carry on bags. Sorry there's nothing in those bags gonna make you look that good. Leave most of it behind and have some fun.

Many people here claim that they are okay with cost cutting because they want the lowest possible cruise fare.

What services or amenities would you be alright with being removed in order to reduce the cruise fare portion by 5% to 10%? This assumes you stay in the same category of room you selected and not "trade down" like from a balcony to an interior.

So all things being equal, what would you be alright with Carnival removing or rounding the edges off of in order to reduce your fare price?

I'd be OK with less TV channels and reducing the pizza place from 24 hours to 16 hours. Not sure that would get a 5% reduction in fare, but those are areas I'd be okay with some minor cutbacks if I could save some money.

Fire Heald let the beggars buy their own berries.

My guess is you would be surprised at how much you would have to give up for a 5% (all other things being equal) fare reduction.

I have already given up many things do to Carnivals cut backs and did not receive a 5% price reduction, instead Carnivals prices have risen...

I have already given up many things do to Carnivals cut backs and did not receive a 5% price reduction, instead Carnivals prices have risen...

You miss the point, it's their ballgame and their ball. They make and set the rules. Your only play (which I believe from reading your posts you already do) is to spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere (and potentially let them know why).

I'm not willing to pay less to give up anything. I think we've given up enough.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks more to get back things like nightly midnight buffets, late night crepes, actual captain's gala/farewell cocktail parties, and adequate wait staff in the dining rooms.

You miss the point, it's their ballgame and their ball. They make and set the rules. Your only play (which I believe from reading your posts you already do) is to spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere (and potentially let them know why).

As in your past posts, some are completely not understandable, as this post of yours is, and has no relational input to the OP's post. You miss the point, but as a Carnival defender, that is understandable in having no rational input... As you have said many times, "we can move on". Try to make some sense in your posts and stick to the OP's post. Movin' on...

As in your past posts, some are completely not understandable, as this post of yours is, and has no relational input to the OP's post. You miss the point, but as a Carnival defender, that is understandable in having no rational input... As you have said many times, "we can move on". Try to make some sense in your posts and stick to the OP's post. Movin' on...

LOL, you are funny. Take the low road and then go..... but you are correct in one point, we can move on.

I'm not willing to pay less to give up anything. I think we've given up enough.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks more to get back things like nightly midnight buffets, late night crepes, actual captain's gala/farewell cocktail parties, and adequate wait staff in the dining rooms.

Self serve is the answer in MDR.

Self serve is the answer in MDR.

No reason why they need a main dining room and a buffet area. Combining both could save huge amounts on money and free up space for a couple more bars. It will be found on some cruise line sooner than later and right now Carnival looks to be the prime line to give it a try.

No reason why they need a main dining room and a buffet area. Combining both could save huge amounts on money and free up space for a couple more bars. It will be found on some cruise line sooner than later and right now Carnival looks to be the prime line to give it a try.

Sailed Carnival lately?

Now this is funny! I was just thinking- I could do without a bed and bring my own blow up mattress. I could cruise without a cabin and just bring a tent too if folks don't mind me putting up my shelter on one of the upper decks outdoors. Wait this all reminds me of the good old days in the Navy traveling by LCU.