On Anthem May 5-14

Hello - this is a question for anyone who was on Anthem.

Where are the soda machines located?

Likely has been asked a dozen times, but I never paid attention because I had no intention of getting a drink package. Fast forward to the recent 20% sales and I now realize I don't know where they are located!! (Hoping to spend a bit of time in Solarium or by pool.)

Thanks in advance.

Likely has been asked a dozen times, but I never paid attention because I had no intention of getting a drink package. Fast forward to the recent 20% sales and I now realize I don't know where they are located!! (Hoping to spend a bit of time in Solarium or by pool.)

Thanks in advance.

Can't say for sure on Anthem - we'll be finding this out together on Saturday! But if previous ships are any indication, they will be located in the Royal Esplanade near Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade on deck 4 and in the Windjammer on deck 14 - all the way across the ship from Solarium. This was my biggest pet peeve on Oasis - the windjammer closed early at night so that machine was out. Then, when they had things going on in the RP on Oasis, you couldn't access them.

Hopefully someone else could chime in and confirm.

Edited by cot427

Thanks in advance.

Sorrento's on Deck 5, Windjammer on Deck 14 & Seaplex doghouse on Deck 15

Sorrento's on Deck 5, Windjammer on Deck 14 & Seaplex doghouse on Deck 15

Isn't Sorrento's on deck 4? (I know, it throws everything off from what we've become accustom to on Voyager, Freedom and Oasis classes!)

Isn't Sorrento's on deck 4? (I know, it throws everything off from what we've become accustom to on Voyager, Freedom and Oasis classes!)

Yes it is, I keep forgetting the Esplanade is on 4 not 5 like Voyager, Freedom & Oasis

Yes, you're all correct about the soda machines, Sorrentos on 4 and Windjammer on 14. We haven't used the machines although we have the Premium package but it runs out of flavors often.

The bartenders are measuring with jiggers, just a tidbit for those not using a package.

Edited by DaisyL

Today is the first day without rain! A lot of cancelations on iFly and Northstar. Luckily my family was able to enjoy iFly before getting closed.

For those living in the NY area there's an iFly in Yonkers that was recommended by the trainers. It's larger than the facility on the ship. Can't wait to take my son and grandson and Lego is nearby too. We will make them very happy.

Would you mind gathering the compasses and posting them when you return? This is the first 9 night of this itinerary on the Anthem and they would be useful for future cruisers

Thank you

Jonj, I will post the Compasses when we return. We never received day 2 so I'll see if my friends have a copy.

We really enjoyed Spectra last night. Showed up about 40 minutes early so we could have a drink and about half of the lower section was full. Our seats were left of center, on a small platform, in front of a platform that the performers rise from. The view was good and our seat was comfortable.

A different menu is being used for the second round at each of the restaurants. At Grande they had an entree called surf and turf, steak with 2 grilled shrimp, another entree of just lobster tail. Escargot was offered both times.

Today is Labadee but we're staying on the ship since we've been here before and I'm not really a beach person especially with 87 degrees today. Time to investigate while the ship is empty.

Unfortunately there was an emergency evacuation by helicopter on the pier this morning. Hope the person is ok.

TTYL

Captain Henrik left for vacation after on May 5th. Anthem will be his rotating ship. He will not be returning to Quantum.

I was misinformed. :o Captain Henrik is still on board. He told us, while on the April 18th cruise, that he was leaving on May 5th.

If you happen to walk by the lounge at the back of the ship on deck 12 can you see if the sign says concierge lounge or suite lounge? Curios if it changed with the new suite roll out of May 1st

Thank you

Today is the first day without rain! A lot of cancelations on iFly and Northstar. Luckily my family was able to enjoy iFly before getting closed.

For those living in the NY area there's an iFly in Yonkers that was recommended by the trainers. It's larger than the facility on the ship. Can't wait to take my son and grandson and Lego is nearby too. We will make them very happy.

It's right off of 87, Ridge Hill, near Stew Leonard's.

Unfortunately, I believe it's pretty expensive.

Following along and thoroughly enjoying your review.

Thank you for taking the time and posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jonj, I'm not sure where the Suite/Concierge lounge is but my relatives with the Royal suite, go daily and get pre dinner drinks and appetizers. They have a good time there.

We stayed onboard ship yesterday at Labadee and enjoyed the Solarium. It's absolutely beautiful there. The rest of our group went ashore and loved it. One group was treated to share a Cabana and wow! I hope we can rent one next year since we will have a Junior Suite... Not sure if that qualifies.

Another group went kayaking and took a scenic boat ride. They loved it too.

Edited by DaisyL

Ok, time for me to rant! We absolutely hate Voom. Compared to the Internet service we had last year on Liberty this is far inferior. It's very slow, cuts out, and uses up my battery. We need to sign in often with the password too. Early morning is the best and connection diminishes as the day goes on. All I do is check emails and go on cruise critic.... That's it. Ok, rant off.

I was misinformed. :o Captain Henrik is still on board. He told us, while on the April 18th cruise, that he was leaving on May 5th.

I knew I read this somewhere! Then I thought I was going crazy - I still might be, you never know!

Thanks for the update!

Ok, time for me to rant! We absolutely hate Voom. Compared to the Internet service we had last year on Liberty this is far inferior. It's very slow, cuts out, and uses up my battery. We need to sign in often with the password too. Early morning is the best and connection diminishes as the day goes on. All I do is check emails and go on cruise critic.... That's it. Ok, rant off.

Which internet package did you get? Surf and Stream or just regular Voom?

Hi all, we sailed on the anthem 1/26/16, rcl changed itinerary and shortened cruise to 11 nights from 12, we still loved the anthem, activities staff, the whole feel to the ship, however food and dining room service was the worst we ever had. Please let me know if it has improved on any of your recent anthem cruises as we might try her again if there is hope of better food. Loved the ship. Thank you in advance for your input.