On Anthem May 5-14

Currently on the Anthem and having a great time despite the weather. I'm not doing a full review but will post observations as I go along.

We've probably cruised 2 dozen times on various cruise lines and really don't have a favorite.... Love them all.

DH and I are 60ish, cruising with friends and family, all adults and one 7yo. Some are veteran cruisers and others are on their first cruise.

We chose Dynamic Dining Classic 8:30 seating which is working out well. I know food is very subjective but we've enjoyed everything so far. We dined in Chic, The Grande and Silk.

The weather did not cooperate in Bermuda with torrential rains all day so we went shopping and got drenched on our way back to the ship.

Many in our group did the iFly and loved it. The instructors are excellent!

So far we think the Windjammer has been very crowded ... We'll see as the week progresses. The manager keeps making announcements to please vacate your table as soon as you're done.

We saw We will Rock You and liked it. As others have said, the story is weak but the music, and singers are fantastic. It's not for a everyone but if You like Broadway shows you should go. We showed up 30 minutes before the show but they weren't checking ids and the theater filled up right before showtime.

Bye for now and I'll add as I go along. And if you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks for posting your observations, sounds like you are having a nice time. I'll be on Anthem in 5 weeks and can't wait!

I was watching the Bermuda webcam while you where there and the weather looked awful with not too many people leaving the ship, it's too bad it rained the whole day.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

I was watching the webcam yesterday and thought that it wasn't the best day to get out and do much. They had two days of rain/wind which made Celebrity Summit's captain decide to leave early. I also was watching when Anthem left port in the rain and fog. We loved our cruise on Anthem last month and will go back at some point.

I was watching the webcam yesterday and thought that it wasn't the best day to get out and do much. They had two days of rain/wind which made Celebrity Summit's captain decide to leave early. I also was watching when Anthem left port in the rain and fog. We loved our cruise on Anthem last month and will go back at some point.

Where can you watch the web cams from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, we had torrential rains and wind yesterday. Today we had showers at times but otherwise the pools were full and it was comfortable to sit outside.

We ave a balcony cabin on deck 10 and relatives have a Royal Suite; 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with a living room and large deck also on deck 10. We're not having any problems getting elevators.

We booked our cruise for 2017, October out of Bayonne to Tampa, 13 days, in a Junior Suite.

So far we love the Music Hall in the evening and getting drinks outside Michaels Pub.. Love the way two70 is setup for relaxing inside and getting lunch at the bistro there. We like the way the solarium looks but way too hot for me which is too bad.

Off for a drink before dinner...

My 9-year-old son loves music and is familiar with most of the songs in We a Will a Rock You. Question: is the play kid-friendly? I don't know anything about the show and am wondering if it would be a good diversion while on board?

Yes, we had torrential rains and wind yesterday. Today we had showers at times but otherwise the pools were full and it was comfortable to sit outside.

We ave a balcony cabin on deck 10 and relatives have a Royal Suite; 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with a living room and large deck also on deck 10. We're not having any problems getting elevators.

We booked our cruise for 2017, October out of Bayonne to Tampa, 13 days, in a Junior Suite.

So far we love the Music Hall in the evening and getting drinks outside Michaels Pub.. Love the way two70 is setup for relaxing inside and getting lunch at the bistro there. We like the way the solarium looks but way too hot for me which is too bad.

Off for a drink before dinner...

There are windows that can be opened in the Solarium. I also found it to be too hot until I found out that you can open some of the windows.

My 9-year-old son loves music and is familiar with most of the songs in We a Will a Rock You. Question: is the play kid-friendly? I don't know anything about the show and am wondering if it would be a good diversion while on board?

The compasses that I have seen day that We Will Rock You is not for kids

I would feel comfortable taking my 9 year old to see WWRY. I don't recall any adult themes, innuendos, or language.

My husband and I are trying to recall whether WWRY is appropriate for a nine year old. There may have been instances that would not be but we can't remember exactly. I would have taken my 5 year old grandson but anything would have been over his head. Sorry I can't recall the exact scene.

Would your relatives in the suite be willing to allow you to photograph or take notes of the items included with their suite. Such as amenities for the room. With the new suite program that began May 1st there are a lot of questions on what actually is offered / included with different suite times and while there is a lot of information being posted about the top suites we are not getting much information on the regular suites such as the Royal family suite

Thank you for checking in and hope you are having a great time

We saw the Bonjovi tribute band Wanted last night... They are very good and I love their songs. They are not on every cruise and they are leaving the ship today when we're in St. Marten. They will be on a cruise in June and in August they said.

Today is St. Martin and we have a bright sunny day for the first time this week. The captain said we'll be docking 2 hours early because we had such bad weather in Bermuda. Yeah!

Edited by DaisyL

Would your relatives in the suite be willing to allow you to photograph or take notes of the items included with their suite. Such as amenities for the room. With the new suite program that began May 1st there are a lot of questions on what actually is offered / included with different suite times and while there is a lot of information being posted about the top suites we are not getting much information on the regular suites such as the Royal family suite

Thank you for checking in and hope you are having a great time

Certainly, if have specific questions, just ask. I know they get 4 passwords for the Internet . Cabanas are not included with the suite. I'll get back later.

Thanks for the little tid bits and observations!

Who is the current captain?

I thought I had read on the 4/30 thread that Capt. Sorenson left for vacation, but I can't find it in the many pages of that live review.

They are getting bottles of water daily in the suite. They think it's because they have drink packages but I'm not sure that's the reason.

Sorry I'm not helping you much with the Royal Suite jonj, since there's no listed print out of amenities yet. If it helps any, they are booking 2 connecting Junior suites next year since they are not really taking advantage of the perks anyway, whatever they are. Also, currently the second bedroom is not equipped the same as the first bedroom. My SIL has to blow dry her hair in the vanity area of the larger bedroom. Theirs no mirror or vanity in her bedroom. The 2nd bedroom has a small closet so they have to use the closet outside of the room too. Little things like that.

It's funny, I have not been able to find out who the captain is. I looked through all the dailies..... Lol. All I got so far is Henrik and he's been the Captain for the last several cruises . Hope that helps... I'll get back with more tidbits...

It's funny, I have not been able to find out who the captain is. I looked through all the dailies..... Lol. All I got so far is Henrik and he's been the Captain for the last several cruises . Hope that helps... I'll get back with more tidbits...

Capt Henrik Loft Sørensen