La Patisserie

winowino

Each day at the International Café three different salads were available. Other than that, I presume you would need to go to the Buffet. We didn't eat any meals up there so I am not sure what is available. With a full ship of 3400 passengers including 600 children, we didn't want to go anywhere near the crowds.

Jennie

• 1 month later...

As posted (much) earlier in this thread we were planning a cruise on Island Princess. We took that cruise (June 2016 - this is an old thread that seems to have been revived) and found that La Patisserie was a bit of a joke. The coffee offerings were the same as IC on other ships but the pastry offerings were pathetic and, as others have said, we never saw any sort of sandwiches or other food. Just one of the less-than-great impressions we had of Island Princess to add to our list of reasons this ship is at the bottom of our choices for cruising Princess.

When I was on the Island in February, the Patisserie had two long trays on the counter, that was covered, but you can help yourself, in the morning there were mini muffins and pastries and around noon, some mini sandwiches. I really loved the muffins.

Can anyone tell me where this is on the Diamond? Can't find it on the deck plan. Love IC so will really miss it, except of course for the fight for seats.

Thanks

We haven't been on the Diamond but we sailed on her sister, the Sapphire, before she got her IC. There was a tray at the Lobby Bar on Plaza deck 5.

gas-oQ8Mwqa_6o35g3hstkcxpbv2-PGlPqCWdvcdZejki8gcYcF0clgIKdUyQju4Mt8RWaUn-Ray7zwJVma2AX-98eYJ7oFp3e-9Yc7UfD_fqHg1dHs_U6Fn84GkEfnkUlxsiSbe1GkZNIpodCmWBx3GFXIY0lT6pIwJ-ZujB6AdQBwpLQY6Whl9FZ5E9QfRDrI2gEPTefdDL5GEX6bhL9sopu9HkGsYPtrvYRR-UP9Njkc_qwQXl3RqYZVGYDL7TQoxE_8HqUHRPUxwRNfNeSpwXkmN2BqdZ4OwPFXZvktbGBNUClDcOdqLK_cxp76pJP8Rdn9UlNAfWlXvc-8ilgw0Pv0DNCQaEA4qsOezs-Q2vF5E6BkWaE7w3VPNzkJyWinGEJgVJ7tB3iwDdXANTtni5JGuKRP8WoEw1rAtumtvsPgLPQzeBkUxmQlFiYAuFSYIrmyOvDlLKxNv50Nz4FnkBb69WluXFczi4kz0gWaX5WD0c6iYvN7poHd3fBK3Li4L-za7XqRdTWeEdlXsNyB3eD4iP9sMv9GGIhuST82NT-r1VpwE3PKmTFZhsLsQNpSp5ac0ir-hoH8f1yB7jcmMFgpDyIhM3xTh2OqcQwcTIUGsu6kY=w2456-h1842-no

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

We have sailed on the Island (and on the Coral and Sapphire before they had an IC added). In the morning, the La Patisserie would have a tray or maybe two of self service pastries (the half sized versions served in Sabatini's) in the morning. From lunch on there would be a tray or maybe two of self service small sandwiches and pastries like those served for afternoon tea. Because the food was self service, the trays would disappear if there was a Noro outbreak.

On our recent cruise 3/15-3/30, on the Island, we found 2-3 trays of mini pastries every morning and several of mini sandwiches in the afternoon and they were always being replenished. I really enjoyed my little mini oatmeal muffin every morning with my latte after working out and before real "breakfast".