• Oceanic
    • Olympia
    • Outlook
    • Riviera
    • Seaview
    • Skyline
    • Sunrise
    • Voyager

The comment about bands got me to thinking. How about "Nirvana"? That's 7 letters and no Z.

Although I'm not sure how well "Carnival Nirvana" rolls off the tongue...

Speaking of bands, I'm guessing that "Carnival Anthrax" would be a bad idea [emoji41]

LOL!

And I thought NCL Getaway and Breakaway and Escape were bad ship names...

but if it is a band name, then wouldn't it be Journey?

They didn't say it was a band name. We got to talking about it because I said they are already overusing Journey with the longer Journey cruises and the band Journey coming onboard for the Carnival Live shows. I think naming the ship Journey is just too much. They have already ruined that name for me.

Speaking of bands, I'm guessing that "Carnival Anthrax" would be a bad idea [emoji41]

If the name is going to be Carnival Anthrax then it needs a Grail Beacon instead of a funnel and a cruise director named Zoot. (Don't blame me, blame Monty Python)

They didn't say it was a band name. We got to talking about it because I said they are already overusing Journey with the longer Journey cruises and the band Journey coming onboard for the Carnival Live shows. I think naming the ship Journey is just too much. They have already ruined that name for me.

You don't want to go on a journey, listening to Journey on The Journey? :D

Could be Carnival Big Tent...

I am going with "Carnival Destiny". It fits...7 letters, no "Z".

This is based on rumors that the announcement is coming soon. It stands to reason that Carnival would register the trademark BEFORE announcing the name. In fact, they have done it this way in the past. A search on the US Patent and Trademark website shows that the last trademark Carnival Corporation filed for on a ship was "Carnival Vista." This was filed in June, 2013, one month prior to them revealing the ship name.

So, ASSUMING THERE IS GOING TO BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT SOON, since there is no newly registered trademark, the name will have to be a name they have used before and still have registered.

Of all the live trademarks registered to "Carnival Corporation" in the category that includes cruise ships, all are currently in use, except for "Carnival Destiny."

So..."Carnival Destiny" it is.

Of course, they could always hide the registration by using a shell corporation to register the trademark, and then transfer the mark to Carnival Corporation after the announcement. However, they didn't do this with Vista, so they probably won't do it for the new ship. (I did, however, search by Carnival's attorney's name and found nothing).

Why, yes, my next cruise is coming up in four days and I can't focus on anything else. How did you know?

Edited by Pops, Esq.

I am going with "Carnival Destiny". It fits...7 letters, no "Z".

This is based on rumors that the announcement is coming soon. It stands to reason that Carnival would register the trademark BEFORE announcing the name. In fact, they have done it this way in the past. A search on the US Patent and Trademark website shows that the last trademark Carnival Corporation filed for on a ship was "Carnival Vista." This was filed in June, 2013, one month prior to them revealing the ship name.

So, ASSUMING THERE IS GOING TO BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT SOON, since there is no newly registered trademark, the name will have to be a name they have used before and still have registered.

Of all the live trademarks registered to "Carnival Corporation" in the category that includes cruise ships, all are currently in use, except for "Carnival Destiny."

So..."Carnival Destiny" it is.

Of course, they could always hide the registration by using a shell corporation to register the trademark, and then transfer the mark to Carnival Corporation after the announcement. However, they didn't do this with Vista, so they probably won't do it for the new ship. (I did, however, search by Carnival's attorney's name and found nothing).

Why, yes, my next cruise is coming up in four days and I can't focus on anything else. How did you know?

Based on that, couldn't it also be the Holiday or Jubilee?

Based on that, couldn't it also be the Holiday or Jubilee?

I can't find where either one is currently registered with USPTO.

The trademarks for "Holiday" and "Jubilee" (Not "Carnival Holiday" or "Carnival Jubilee", which would fit the current naming convention) have lapsed. Both were "cancelled" recently (January 2016). They would likely revive these names, or file for new trademarks to match the current naming convention, before announcing the new name.

I can't find where either one is currently registered with USPTO.

The trademarks for "Holiday" and "Jubilee" (Not "Carnival Holiday" or "Carnival Jubilee", which would fit the current naming convention) have lapsed. Both were "cancelled" recently (January 2016). They would likely revive these names, or file for new trademarks to match the current naming convention, before announcing the new name.

Thanks for the info!