• Oceanic
    • Olympia
    • Outlook
    • Riviera
    • Seaview
    • Skyline
    • Sunrise
    • Voyager

That hasn't stopped any Cruise line from repeating names before and I'm pretty sure we'll see it again. Such as:

Liberty

Freedom

Jewel

Pride

Legend

True, but can we not be original? :)

During its 175+ year history, Cunard Line had 2 ships named "Mauretania", and 3 named "Caronia".

Today we name ships based on marketing.

How about we go back in time.

What about "Olympia", or "Oceanic". Both were great ships, and 7 letters and no "Z"?

Also, "Olympic". Of course, as she was the only one of the White Star trio to survive, perhaps we should retire her name, just as we should "Normandie".

I never understood why "Destiny", despite the major refit was given the silly name "Sunshine". Destiny was a MAJOR milestone for ships in 1996. The largest pax vessel ever built since Queen Elizabeth of 1940. Just name her Destiny II. Ah, yes, marketing again!

Sunrise was going to be my guess.

Carnival trademarked Sunrise awhile ago. Many assumed it would be the sister ship to Sunshine after Victory and/or Triumph got "Sunshine'd" but those plans were scrapped. Wouldn't be surprised to see it end up as Vista's sister.

I don't really care for the name though, just like I don't care for the name Sunshine.

Kind of like inspiration and imagination I always get those two mixed up lol

True, but can we not be original? :)

During its 175+ year history, Cunard Line had 2 ships named "Mauretania", and 3 named "Caronia".

Today we name ships based on marketing.

How about we go back in time.

What about "Olympia", or "Oceanic". Both were great ships, and 7 letters and no "Z"?

Also, "Olympic". Of course, as she was the only one of the White Star trio to survive, perhaps we should retire her name, just as we should "Normandie".

I never understood why "Destiny", despite the major refit was given the silly name "Sunshine". Destiny was a MAJOR milestone for ships in 1996. The largest pax vessel ever built since Queen Elizabeth of 1940. Just name her Destiny II. Ah, yes, marketing again!

if you want an old ship name, how about 'titanic' then. 7 letters and no z and what name could be more famous. ;)

that being said i like 'journey' the best of the ones offered in the poll.

I kind of like Journey but I hope it's not that. I think it will confuse things between the ship Journey, the longer throwback Journey cruises, and possibly the cruises where they have Journey the band play. I hate when a company constantly uses the same name for various things within their brand.