Luminaries Suite dining on Summit

Tranquil Waters

You can make a reservation if you want but we never did and never waited for a table. We did let the hostess know what time we expected to be there for dinner or if we would not be there on a particular night.

You are not assigned a table but if you prefer a particular area or wait staff they will try to make sure their is a table for you.

Loved the food & service.

Some of the tables are relatively close together - two tops - so that you can speak with the people next to you or not. We always like to chat and it's easy to tell if they're receptive to that or not. They're not as close as Blu tables I don't think. It's a smaller venue with less people and seems very elegant and quiet and relaxed.

We found the food in Luminae wonderful, and the service the best on the ship.

We didn't even want to eat in the specialties. They did some customizing for me, cheerfully, when I wanted just a salad for lunch with grilled chicken, or a side of green beans or broccoli at dinner and not just a garnish of green. They put sauces on the side if I wanted and even made some off-menu suggestions when I asked. The chef just wants to make you happy and he's not trying to feed 2000 people like the main dining room so they can be flexible. I think a lot of people are afraid to ask. All you have to do is be sweet and ask. (it's a Southern thing y'all). :D:D

You go in whenever you want to. No assigned table, no assigned time, although we tended to sit in one of two or three tables in the same general area and we had our same wait staff the entire two weeks with a couple exceptions.

There are tables for different sized groups although most are two and four.

You can give them a general idea of when you want to eat, but it's not necessary. Last fall on the Thanksgiving Eclipse cruise we ate at all kinds of times - 7:00, 7:30, 8:00, 8:45 -- we were all over the map - and it wasn't an issue at all, never had to wait even a second for our table. Usually they saw us approaching and were ready to walk us to the spot they knew we liked to sit. The sommelier was fabulous and paired wines with our meals and expanded our repertoire some as she got to know us. Really made the dinners special for us.

In my opinion, Luminae is one of the best things Celebrity has done in a long while.

We just showed up every night around the same time. Twice we ate with people who were in line with us at a table for four and it was a great experience. Be flexible. Tables are close and every meal we talked to the table next to us. On the Summit Linda is an awesome host and Dominic is a great waiter. But is all good

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app