Australia New Zealand Cruise Question

Turk1

I packed for spring temps for NZ and summer temps for Au.

Exactly what we are thinking. The challenge will be packing for 2 months away with only 1 suitcase each.:eek: Temperatures could be in the -30C's heading to the Calgary airport in February....layered dress will be the order of the day (and pray for a Chinook the day of our flight!)

While I know the answer will be subjective since we all have different interests, I'm wondering when the best time to cruise Australia/New Zealand would be. Also, would you recommend more Australian ports or more New Zealand ports for the cruise? We have this on or "list" and trying to plan for future. Thanks for any and all input!

We went March 2-16 this year and missed two ports. The people on the cruise before us (they had an overnight in Auckland) said it was beautiful weather and a great cruise.

I packed for spring temps for NZ and summer temps for Au.

Exactly what we are thinking. The challenge will be packing for 2 months away with only 1 suitcase each.:eek: Temperatures could be in the -30C's heading to the Calgary airport in February....layered dress will be the order of the day (and pray for a Chinook the day of our flight!)

And then easily in the high 30cs in Sydney, big swing in temps.

And then easily in the high 30cs in Sydney, big swing in temps.

I left the UK in winter..... my waterproof winter jacket was really useful in the 'Sounds'...... was windy out with occasional rain.....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

We were in NZ and the Kiwis made us uncomfortable because the US had Nukes and it isn't my fault. They were pretty snotty. The Aussies said Why are you here? I said to pay respects to the Soldiers in Vietnam with me and they said "We'll drink to that'. I said Why are you so happy I'm here,They said, You Americans kept us from speaking Japanese. I said that was my Dad. They said "We'll drink to that too!" Love OZ, the people and the vastness of it all. It was 250 kilometers between dunnies!

We were in NZ and the Kiwis made us uncomfortable because the US had Nukes and it isn't my fault. They were pretty snotty. The Aussies said Why are you here? I said to pay respects to the Soldiers in Vietnam with me and they said "We'll drink to that'. I said Why are you so happy I'm here,They said, You Americans kept us from speaking Japanese. I said that was my Dad. They said "We'll drink to that too!" Love OZ, the people and the vastness of it all. It was 250 kilometers between dunnies!

What are you going on about? :confused:

I left the UK in winter..... my waterproof winter jacket was really useful in the 'Sounds'...... was windy out with occasional rain.....

Yep can get cold, and with a bit of spray downright freezing.

Love OZ, the people and the vastness of it all. It was 250 kilometers between dunnies!

A bloke I worked with had a map that claimed to showed every public dunny in Aus.

But he knew of some that weren't on it, think he'd visited most of them.

Maybe go read up and you understand why. Don't take it personally, they were probably having a little dig.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANZUS

New Zealand was suspended from ANZUS in 1986 as it initiated a nuclear-free zone in its territorial waters; in late 2012 the United States lifted a ban on visits by New Zealand warships leading to a thawing in tensions. New Zealand maintains a nuclear-free zone as part of its foreign policy and is not part of ANZUS, as the United States maintains an ambiguous policy whether or not the warships carry nuclear weapons, however New Zealand resumed key areas of the ANZUS treaty in 2007.

After consultations with Australia and after negotiations with New Zealand broke down, the United States announced that it was suspending its treaty obligations to New Zealand until United States Navy ships were re-admitted to New Zealand ports, citing that New Zealand was "a friend, but not an ally". The crisis made front-page headlines for weeks in many American newspapers,[18] while many American cabinet members were quoted as expressing a deep sense of betrayal. However, David Lange did not withdraw New Zealand from ANZUS, although his government's policy led to the US's decision to suspend its treaty obligations to New Zealand.

Edited by icat2000

But really its only 25 centimetres,between dunnies if you have a shovel.:eek:

It was not a dig. They told my wife she wasn't welcome there to go home. I'm sitting here drinking Blue Moon and Fishing on this dock, paying my respects to those Aussie Mercenaries. Oh! Lookie here, another bite.