Stressful or relaxing???

Here's the quote that I calmly responded to;

if one tries to fly in the day of the sailing and fly out at 10 am the day of returning to port the entire experience will be on of total stress.

The writer of that quote may feel total stress doing that, but I don't. Had the writer said "I" instead of "one", I would have let it go.

Chill.

Chill? I think YOU took the post too personally. Me thinks you should Chill....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the most stressful part of it is when I have to leave.

Oh wait no that's not stressful that's depressing. Scratch that stress part then.

In general though unless something really bad is happening I find these things are what you decide they are going to be, on the cruise ship my most stressful things are what will I order for dinner or what drink will I order from the bar.

There always will be worries in life.

Yes I worry if we'll make the flight, if the luggage will arrive w us and such, but we plan ahead and have contingency plans. We get to the city w a cushion should luggage go elsewhere, and if it never arrives, w/e is "lost" will be purchased before sailing.

But actual stress... which Speed-O will I wear to show off my abs and my tan!

I find cruising relaxing. The only 'stressful' thing for me, is waiting for the luggage to arrive at my room. I don't totally relax until they arrive.

If cruising is overly stressful, time to find something else to do. What's the point of a cruise if not to relax?

I find cruising relaxing. The only 'stressful' thing for me, is waiting for the luggage to arrive at my room. I don't totally relax until they arrive.

If cruising is overly stressful, time to find something else to do. What's the point of a cruise if not to relax?

I agree-Im not cruisin' til my bags are there and unpacked!:D

As the saying goes, no plan ever survives first contact with the enemy. I find that travel is the most stressful part of cruising, so I spend a lot of time planning the travel. And then I spend time figuring what could go wrong and plan for that. Then I make backup plans for my backup plans. The key is to be flexible. I must say, the moment I get checked in at the terminal and get my S&S card, the stress goes away. I'm here, got my card, the ship ain't leaving without me :-)

Edited by Raxter54

I think it'd be called more annoying than stressful but getting stuck in that "you can't go this way to get where you're going" because of the dining room or galley is a PIA. And I don't seem to get it until day 5 of a 7 day cruise.

Hmmm....maybe that's a great excuse to never book a cruise for under 10 days! LOL! Or, always boon a B2B .... [emoji3]

I have never been on a stressful cruise.

Saying that our next 2 cruises we are taking kids. We have never done that before either.

September 2016- We are taking our 6 year old son and 7 year old nephew.

September 2017- We are taking our then 7 year old son and 3 year old son.

I think the 6 & 7 year old trip will be no issue at all. A little nervous about our 3 year old next year. We will just take it slower and not schedule as much.

Mine are both. I hate packing for cruises. So much to bring. Hate the hassle of travel, airports, etc.

There are some stressful parts of being on a ship with 3000 others. It can often be very crowded. Lines, crowded elevators etc.

But .... First night sunset on the Lido Deck watching the world go away makes me forget that stress even existed.

So is there stress??? yes. But for me, it's worth it.

This...

We got rid of the stress when we decided not to fly to any ports anymore. I only go out of NY...same itinerary? Who cares! Same ship? Who cares!

I have the NCL Breakaway booked twice out of NYC, once to Bermuda in 2 weeks and once in January for a 14 day Caribbean.

And the Vista reposition from NYC to MIA via Aruba is also booked for November.

Just cuts out the cost of flying.

I have yet to have a stressful cruise, including our last one when we took our daughters, then 5 and 6 years old at the time. I like that all I have to do is plan for excursions in each port, and then I don't decide what I want to do on the ship until I get the Fun Times for the next day. I've never experienced long lines for food, never had a problem finding a lounge chair in the shade, never had to stand during a comedy show. There is a reason we are turning down going to Disney for a second time, and hopefully taking the girls on another cruise in October. Planing for Disney was stressful, cruising is the most relaxing vacation, which is why we keep coming back to cruises.

I will say the only stress I have had on a cruise vacation were dealing with flights with young children. But that has nothing to do with cruising and just with airlines. That's why we're probably going to just do the 12 hour drive to Miami next time.

Of our 30 plus cruises 25 have been to the Mexican Riviera with majority on Carnival and a few on Princess. The flight from Utah to/from west coast is the worse part of the trip. The only stress I felt on a cruise involved turning on my cell phone and looking at work emails. My wife grabbed the phone and headed to balcony to toss it overboard! Now that is not an issue since I have retired. No greater form of relaxation than a cruise, good book, food and entertainment with beautiful scenery thrown in too. Looking forward to Panama Canal, Transatlantic and Hawaiian cruises once my wife retires. Until then, the Mexican Riviera "floats our boat".

I find cruising stressful because it is so structured I feel caged. I prefer a more open vacation plan. I enjoy a "go with the flow" vacation, the problem I've found on cruises is that there don't seem to be too many options to that flow. There are far too many people jammed into too small a space to be terribly relaxing and too few options for escaping them.

I feel the same way about large crowds of people in a confined space. We were on a smaller ship for our last cruise and I felt that way at times. Sailing a larger ship next time and hoping common areas will feel less claustrophobic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We only drive to our ports so that eliminates any flying stress. We have cruised a lot so we know the drill and the packing requirements for what our family likes to do. I am a planner and book well in advance for most of our cruises, we know what cabin, what deck and what location we want so that is what I book.

I am not a fly by the seat of my pants or wait until the last minute kind of girl so most everything is paid for and done well before we leave. We purchase our own travel insurance for each trip (just in case) so there comes a peace of mind with that and less stress should something happen. We use cash for all expenses and our S&S cards so no stress about credit cards at the end or how much to spend.

Our trips are generally filled with a lot of excitement and anticipation of another wonderful and relaxing vacation. Unpack once and let someone drive us around to exotic places for a week while we eat, drink and have fun. What is there to stress about? :D