Dawn Drydock?

gregbar

I can't see why NCL would be annoyed..... she was doing them for over 200 days. She mentioned she was the last of her friends to leave so I would say it's safe to say she left exactly as she said... her contract ended..

Scott- I thought she was scheduled to stay on a couple months longer. Perhaps I am mis-remembering? FWIW, I have a mild-TBI and can twist up my "thoughts". :(

Scott- I thought she was scheduled to stay on a couple months longer. Perhaps I am mis-remembering? FWIW, I have a mild-TBI and can twist up my "thoughts". :(

No, I think you are correct. It definitely sounded as though she expected at one point to be staying at least a while after the dry dock before her contract ended. It was supposed to be 9 months.

225 days in her blog isn't yet that many months...

She did express concern at one point about a directive from NCL about "publicity" (forget how she described it).

And she did describe behind the scenes in ways that were fascinating, but perhaps in details "mgmt" might prefer stay behind the scenes for the most part. My main concern was that she used what seemed to be real first names of her fellow crew members. Perhaps that was a problem?

(But if so, why didn't NCL mention it to her directly?)

It seems overall to be more of a plus for NCL, in terms of engaging actual or prospective passengers (although maybe not so much for crew...?).

There's probably hundreds of photos and comments out there on social media from the some 4k workers onboard. But I guess we'd have to be their friend on Facebook or something? It's not NCL but

for a quick fix try reading Cruise Confidential by Brian David Bruns. There's a series of 4. I read that one a few years ago. I might check out the others.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2969989/100-hour-working-weeks-sex-deck-REALLY-think-passengers-Confessions-cruise-ship-worker.html

PS I hope the blogs didn't annoy NCL and cause her dismissal!

No. It didn't.

Hi Jake, thanks for your comment. But don’t worry, I didn’t get in any trouble for my blog, they’ve known about it for ages. I’m only going home as my contact is up and it’s vacation time for me finally!

https://downtokokomo.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/day-224-thursday-26th-may/#comments

No. It didn't.

Thanks for posting her reply!

And I agree with GeezerCouple that she definitely should continue her writings. She has that ability to make us (the readers) feel like we were there by her side! At times, I felt like I never wanted to cruise again as they have such horrid conditions BUT she was able to show how the negative was "worth it" as the AMAZING experience made it all worth while!

What a joy to read and Amy will be missed!

There's probably hundreds of photos and comments out there on social media from the some 4k workers onboard. But I guess we'd have to be their friend on Facebook or something? It's not NCL but

for a quick fix try reading Cruise Confidential by Brian David Bruns. There's a series of 4. I read that one a few years ago. I might check out the others.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2969989/100-hour-working-weeks-sex-deck-REALLY-think-passengers-Confessions-cruise-ship-worker.html

Awesome, thanks! Will definitely check this out! Appreciate the links!! :)

We sailed on the Dawn in July 2015, in an inside cabin, and will be sailing on her again August 2016, but in a family suite. We can hardly wait to see the changes that take place after her dry dock! We are so excited!

P.S. I wish she'd blog about *whatever* she does next!

She is a terrific writer.

Perhaps she's actually missed her true calling thus far :)

Agreed! I'm following her on Twitter and she hasn't been active at all (@aokweaver)....

Maybe we all take a minute to thank her..... I'm sure she'd appreciate how her blog was a source of enjoyment.... there weren't too many comments left on her blog

Last I heard it was supposed to be a wine bar.

We were on the last cruise before the refurbishment, we were two different things, LOL, one being a wine bar, the other being a "5 O'clock Somewhere" bar...

Personally, Id rather see the "upscale Mexican restaurant" replace a specialty dining venue than replace a bar area.

From the photo Amy shared of the stardust theatre... I guess my dream of cup holders wasn't meant to be. But I gotta say... the old gal is looking great!