The in-between ages 18 to 20

mkdreams

Does NCL have a "meet up club" or special activities for this age group? Anyone have experience with this? We have a soon to be 18 year old who is very social and is going to miss the teen club, the other young people and the fun activities.

I know how you feel as my daughter is 18 and in high school - she has loved the clubs. We sailed last month and I was nervous how it would go now that she has aged out so we brought her bff with us.

The first night around 11 or so there was an 18-21 meet up in Bliss listed in the daily activities. They went to this - a total of 3 others (boys) showed up. They said it was rather awkward and ending up leaving. However, the next day they saw one of the boys in the buffet and struck up a conversation and they started hanging out. Later they somehow connected with the other 2 boys and they all ended up hanging out for the rest of the week so it ended up working out.

I saw the 18-21 meet up listed in the dailies a few times during the week. I am not sure if there was any cruise staff involved at the meet ups or not.

Does NCL have a "meet up club" or special activities for this age group? Anyone have experience with this? We have a soon to be 18 year old who is very social and is going to miss the teen club, the other young people and the fun activities.

We just did the Getaway in April and our 19 year old discovered there are no formal activities for that in between group and not much opportunity to meet others the same age. Our 17 year old had fun in Teen Club (which 19 year could not attend) and had plenty of opportunity to meet and do things with others but there was nothing for that in between group. Our 19 year old did finally meet some other guys playing pick up basketball. Prepare your 18 year old to come up with their own way to meet people - there will not be much chance through the ship.

They had a meet up every night on our Escape cruise. It was published in the Dailies, so make sure you check there. Also, the kids seem to just find each other once on board ;)

My son is now 19 and refusing to cruise with us this year, since he's too old for the teen club. He only put up with cruising anyway, and went to the club as often as possible. He has a gf. Both of them are saying they'd rather stay home alone/with her family at Christmas than come on a cruise with us (the parents) and the 23 year old sister who lives on the opposite coast and whom, by that point, he won't have laid eyes on in 18 months.

So yeah, it's a gap, but not sure what the cruise lines can really do...

We will be cruising on the Breakaway in August with our 17 year old daughter and 19 year old son. My daughter will not want to do the teen club so I'm hoping they meet up and make friends with some other "kids" their age. They both love basketball so that should present some opportunities. Otherwise they get along pretty well and will keep each other company when they get tired of hanging with us!:D