Conquest and noon flight

So first time I have ever booked a early flight out after a cruise. We are on the conquest, returning on a Thursday June 9th with a flight just after noon. I wasn't too worried since we would use luggage express but now that has been discontinued I am a little nervous.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the conquest and flights? Should I worry or am I just overthinking this.

We just got off the Allure in June and we were off by 9am and sat around until 4. And same thing on our cruise on the Breeze last March.

Thanks for any input

There is some risk, but mostly due to the possibility of a late return. We've done it without issues, but we're also Platinum and we all have Global Entry for expedited Customs and TSA Pre every time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There is some risk, but mostly due to the possibility of a late return. We've done it without issues, but we're also Platinum and we all have Global Entry for expedited Customs and TSA Pre every time.

Thanks, I do have the TSA pre check so that makes the airport easier and then we are those people that buy FTTF :) so the low number is good.

Maybe I am just looking for an excuse to stay an extra night in ft lauderdale. Ha

So first time I have ever booked a early flight out after a cruise. We are on the conquest, returning on a Thursday June 9th with a flight just after noon. I wasn't too worried since we would use luggage express but now that has been discontinued I am a little nervous.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the conquest and flights? Should I worry or am I just overthinking this.

We just got off the Allure in June and we were off by 9am and sat around until 4. And same thing on our cruise on the Breeze last March.

Thanks for any input

We just are off the Conquest recently and they were late getting into port and the latest we have ever been off a ship and we were Zone 2. So depends on what your plans are. Self debark and you might be okay. Beyond that it's a crap shoot. Try GS for earlier Zone but be prepared for a long line. That ship has lines everywheres.

I haven't had a problem getting off the Conquest (it's usually been getting on that's delayed).

The airport is only 10 minutes away from the cruiseport. I've made noon flights easily, in fact my next flight returning from FLL is booked at 11AM.

If you have Global Entry, bring the card you got and use the expedited Customs line at the cruiseport. There were hundreds waiting for the regular lines as I wheeled my luggage in Customs, and absolutely no one on the G. E. line.

If you buy FTTF and you carry your own bags off the ship you can get off first even before Group 1!

You get off with the platinum/priority people before they let the self disembark folks start to leave.

We did that on our cruise in October.

Very easy to grab a taxi and get to the airport early!

If you have Global Entry, bring the card you got and use the expedited Customs line at the cruiseport. There were hundreds waiting for the regular lines as I wheeled my luggage in Customs, and absolutely no one on the G. E. line.

I love the Global Entry line in Ft. Lauderdale! We also breezed right through. I really hope they put some GE lines in Miami soon!

Should be fine if you have TSA pre check. With that said, the embarkation process I had on the Conquest last December in Port Everglades was the worst ever. Took almost 1.5 hours just to collect luggage and clear customs. Too few customs agents serving too many people.

We made a 10:55 flight last year, i knew it was a risk but it was the only direct flight and the only one that would get us home before 8:00 pm. We had FTTF so were among the first to get off after self-assist (they let us wait in the dining room which was very nice) but the lines to get out were insane. We finally made it out of the terminal around 9:40 but when we got to the airport there was literally no wait at either the Delta counter or security (even without pre-check.) We were at the gate at 10:05. Would I do it again? Yes, but would probably opt to self-assist if I didn't have FTTF.

• 2 weeks later...

We made a 12:30 flight from MIA (!) last month with no problems whatsoever -- in fact, we had about 90 minutes to kill in the Centurion Lounge. But, we had FTTF (which I bought for expressly the debarkation advantage), Global Entry (bring your cards, no waiting!) and TSA Pre-Check.

Thanks for any input

I've booked 11:15 flights from Fort Lauderdale many times. The cruise port is very close to the airport. I could see the ships from inside the JetBlue terminal. The taxi/Uber ride is less than 10 minutes.

If you are concerned about lines at customs, use Self-Assist and leave the ship early with all of your bags. TSA Pre-Check at Fort Lauderdale is very nice!

Have a great cruise. We really enjoyed our week on Conquest.

FLL is just dependant on if the big ships are in port. I have been there when they weren't letting folks in line to check luggage until within two hours of flights, waiting 45 minutes to check, plus security 60+ minutes. Last week, walked right up to the counter and through security in less than 10 minutes.

We just got off the Conquest Sunday 5/22, we were off the ship a little before 7:00 and checked in at the airport before 7:30, our flight was at 10:35. That's not to say that you could do this every time, things do go wrong sometimes.