Divina Yacht Club pricing less than Bella Balcony~ Book Quick!

BermudaBound2014

I just booked Divina Yacht Club - June 18th sailing for $843.00 per person U.S. (grand total of $947.00 per person including all taxes). For some reason, on this sailing the Yacht Club was pricing cheaper than a Bella or Fantasia experience, and nearly 75% off Aurora! I thought it was a misprint so called my agent and between repeat customer discount and voyager discount the cost dropped more than the online quote. Needless to say I booked immediately. I usually don't like to post final prices, but wanted to share my find in case you can sail on June 18th ~ go get the deal before it's gone!

I returned from a solo trip on Divina in April and was planning my girls trip for June. I always book last minute. We were all set for the Oasis and I've been tracking prices. Oasis dropped to $999.00 pp plus tax for an neighborhood balcony guarantee yesterday so we were ready to book. For giggles I checked MSC and found the Yacht club pricing. I waited to book Oasis until I could call today and I'm glad I did.

I stated in my final review from the April Sailing that if pricing was identical to other lines, I'd probably choose a different line, but with pricing like this I'm THRILLED to experience Yacht Club. Should be able to make some relevant comparisons between Yacht Club and Aft Balcony Fantasia since I'm blessed enough to be able to sail both a few months apart.

Hope this deal can help someone else on the fence about booking MSC!

I just booked Divina Yacht Club - June 18th sailing for $843.00 per person U.S. (grand total of $947.00 per person including all taxes). For some reason, on this sailing the Yacht Club was pricing cheaper than a Bella or Fantasia experience, and nearly 75% off Aurora! I thought it was a misprint so called my agent and between repeat customer discount and voyager discount the cost dropped more than the online quote. Needless to say I booked immediately. I usually don't like to post final prices, but wanted to share my find in case you can sail on June 18th ~ go get the deal before it's gone!

I returned from a solo trip on Divina in April and was planning my girls trip for June. I always book last minute. We were all set for the Oasis and I've been tracking prices. Oasis dropped to $999.00 pp plus tax for an neighborhood balcony guarantee yesterday so we were ready to book. For giggles I checked MSC and found the Yacht club pricing. I waited to book Oasis until I could call today and I'm glad I did.

I stated in my final review from the April Sailing that if pricing was identical to other lines, I'd probably choose a different line, but with pricing like this I'm THRILLED to experience Yacht Club. Should be able to make some relevant comparisons between Yacht Club and Aft Balcony Fantasia since I'm blessed enough to be able to sail both a few months apart.

I just did a mock booking for this sailing and it priced me at $4,200.00 even with my Voyagers Club discount,,,:(

Mike, in the event you are seriously considering the June 18th sailing I just did a screen shot of the pricing. I can still find this pricing on at least 4 different discount agency sites. It was there last night also. This is the price showing BEFORE agency and voyager discounts. If you dig, you'll be able to find it too. Lots of cabin availability.

<a href=yacht%20club%20pricing_zpscfeebytr.jpg'

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Mike, in the event you are seriously considering the June 18th sailing I just did a screen shot of the pricing. I can still find this pricing on at least 4 different discount agency sites. It was there last night also. This is the price showing BEFORE agency and voyager discounts. If you dig, you'll be able to find it too. Lots of cabin availability.

<a href=yacht%20club%20pricing_zpscfeebytr.jpg'

Interesting,,,,I'm just wondering why the Yacht Club would be much less than a Bella Balcony??:confused:

Cruise pricing is based solely upon supply and demand and can be very dynamic when booking last minute. I've booked deals like this on other lines and they do go quick. Pricing like this Just means for some odd reason not many people opted for yc1 cabins leaving lots of yc1 inventory after final payment was due. Pricing is calculated via algorithm and in this case it made yacht club cheaper than Bella.

Cruise pricing is based solely upon supply and demand and can be very dynamic when booking last minute. I've booked deals like this on other lines and they do go quick. Pricing like this Just means for some odd reason not many people opted for yc1 cabins leaving lots of yc1 inventory after final payment was due. Pricing is calculated via algorithm and in this case it made yacht club cheaper than Bella.

I'm still wondering how they can discount that rate so much when:

MSC Cruises has instituted new rebating and cancellation policies that take effect May 1.

No travel agencies can advertise, market or sell a cruise or cruise package at a price below MSC's published or contracted pricing.

Agencies may continue to offer value-adds such as onboard spending credits and prepaid gratuities. The value-add cannot be cash, a gift card or other items that reduce the base price of a cruise.

Agencies that violate MSC's rebating policies will be "subject to written warning, a reduction in the co-op support provided by MSC Cruises and other actions such as, but not limited to, a reduction in the base commission paid on all future cruises booked by that agency," MSC said.

For all new bookings made beginning May 1 for all sailings departing in April 2017 and forward, MSC has adjusted its cancellation policy.

For cruises less than 15 nights, guests lose their nonrefundable deposit if they cancel between 89 and 61 days before departure; lose half the fare if they cancel 60 to 46 days out; lose 75% of the fare if they cancel 45 to 16 days out; and lose 100% of the fare if they cancel with 15 days or fewer before departure.

For cruises more than 15 nights, they lose their nonrefundable deposit if they cancel between 109 and 61 days before departure, half the fare for 60 to 46 days, 75% of the fare from 45 to 31 days, and 100% if they cancel 30 days out or fewer.

Also, MSC Cruises said it will continue transfer a direct booking to a travel agent upon request of the customer when the appropriate forms are submitted by the customer to MSC Cruises. Bookings may only be transferred to an agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of final payment period and the booking is not paid in full.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-T...o8Xhbc.twitter

Maybe a website error??

Edited by Mikesa1721

Most mainstream lines have very similar policies to MSC you quoted above, yet I've been finding last minute pricing like this for YEARS. I typically wait for final payment date and then start tracking like a mad-women. It's wild how prices can fluctuate after final payment is due. I've seen prices change by as much as 70% overnight.

In this case, I'm guessing the last minute 'contracted' price is what I screen shot for you. We have no way to tell what contracts MSC has with last minute discount agencies; but booking last minute is always is cheaper on agency web sites than the cruise line direct. Been the same way for decades.

BTW: This strategy does NOT work for airlines. I purchased our air to Venice for August 2016 last October (2015); yet I waited until a just few weeks ago to book the actual cruise. There is risk involved, but I'm flexible with travel arrangements and have always been able to make something work.

Just trying to help out a fellow CCer :)

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Great, Paid the full price $4,200 for Y1 for the June 18th cruise a month ago. Win some, lose some.

oMgosh Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad :(.but maybe you can find the pricing I'm quoting and give your agent a call for some type of obc?

Most mainstream lines have very similar policies to MSC you quoted above, yet I've been finding last minute pricing like this for YEARS. I typically wait for final payment date and then start tracking like a mad-women. It's wild how prices can fluctuate after final payment is due. I've seen prices change by as much as 70% overnight.

In this case, I'm guessing the last minute 'contracted' price is what I screen shot for you. We have no way to tell what contracts MSC has with last minute discount agencies; but booking last minute is always is cheaper on agency web sites than the cruise line direct. Been the same way for decades.

BTW: This strategy does NOT work for airlines. I purchased our air to Venice for August 2016 last October (2015); yet I waited until a just few weeks ago to book the actual cruise. There is risk involved, but I'm flexible with travel arrangements and have always been able to make something work.

Just trying to help out a fellow CCer :)

Thanks Bermuda!!!! You know the old saying,,when something is to good to be true??? I've just never seen a price that low so my skeptical meter rises a bit!!!:eek:

oMgosh Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad :(.but maybe you can find the pricing I'm quoting and give your agent a call for some type of obc?

No not at all. Looking forward to the YC regardless of price. Thought when we booked it was a good price. Booked directly with MSC, not sure they will do anything.

Thanks Bermuda!!!! You know the old saying,,when something is to good to be true??? I've just never seen a price that low so my skeptical meter rises a bit!!!:eek:

Totally get it, but last minute truly can yield some fantastic results if you are willing to gamble. And the price I quoted is good, but it's not insanely good as it's still well over $100.00 per night which is typically my cut off point. I sailed Breakaway few years ago in August in a balcony for around $80.00 a night and that doesn't count additional specialty dining package and generous obc. I like to vacation often so I simply MUST do it cheap. I have a yearly travel budget and try to squeeze every last drop out of it :).

No not at all. Looking forward to the YC regardless of price. Thought when we booked it was a good price. Booked directly with MSC, not sure they will do anything.

That is EXACTLY what I do :). I book at a price I'm comfortable with and refuse to get annoyed if the price drops lower. No use looking in the rear view mirror when there is so much sea forward! See you in the Yacht club on the 18th!!!!

I booked yesterday for the 6/11 sailing in the YC1 cabin for basically half price. I booked with an online TA and paid in full and purchased my airfare so we are good to go!!! We just could not pass up these prices and it gives us the opportunity to try MSC. The site I used showed pretty much the same half price for some of the June sailings.

My hypothesis for why yc1 cabins are being reduced so much is that June wAs b1g1free balcony with ksf- BUT that promo wasn't available in yacht club- hence everyone booked non yacht cabins because that was the best pricing. Now that final payment is over Msc has found themselves with too many yacht club cabins in inventory.

Dang, just saw this a few minutes ago and was on the line when they broke connections at 9:00. :mad:

They have them still on another TA from mine.

My TA is closed and still showing 1999. Will MSC honor the other TA's price if I can get to them first thing in the morning?

I have a B2B with two great cabins but if I can get in YC for 500-600 per segment total, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Mike June 4 was even cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up, but air fare is a killer for us. Enjoy it!!!

Edited by riclop

No travel agencies can advertise, market or sell a cruise or cruise package at a price below MSC's published or contracted pricing.

MSC will jump on them and exclude them if and when they find out, they did this in the UK a few years back.

MSC will jump on them and exclude them if and when they find out, they did this in the UK a few years back.

No one is selling below contracted pricing. There are far TOO many Travel Agent sites offering similar pricing. These 'deals' are the new 'contracted' pricing for last minute cruising. Happens like this in the business all the time. Like I said, been booking last minute for decades. Once final payment passes it's game-on for the lines to fill empty cabins.

Regarding excluding travel agents, MSC has the the opposite challenge in the U.S.A. I've personally spoken with three top selling agencies (the big multi-million dollar agencies) who REFUSE TO SELL MSC due to their whacked out web site. It's a running joke in the industry.

Ricop: When I travel overseas I book air long in advance and then monitor pricing on cruise drops. The trick is you must be flexible with itinerary and cruise line. I'm sailing the Mediterranean this August. Booked our air into Venice last October and just booked the cruise a few weeks ago. There were about 7 cruises that fit my itinerary so I knew I'd be ok. And I'm fine with land vacations too if it all goes bust. Too much of a gamble for many, but I couldn't afford to cruise 3 times in 5 months without accepting some risk.

I just checked this morning again and he deals are out there for most of June and even into July! Book before MSC pulls the deal because the prices will certainly rise as cabins sell. The best 'last minute' sales don't come at the last minute, they come 30-60 days prior depending on final payment date.

Dang, just saw this a few minutes ago and was on the line when they broke connections at 9:00. :mad:

They have them still on another TA from mine.

My TA is closed and still showing 1999. Will MSC honor the other TA's price if I can get to them first thing in the morning?

I have a B2B with two great cabins but if I can get in YC for 500-600 per segment total, I would do it in a heartbeat!

I SURE HOPE SO Vicocala!!! I'm not seeing YC for $500-$600 hundred per sailing, the cheapest I've seen is $869.00 so you are finding prices even lower than I am! Crossing fingers for you :)

I SURE HOPE SO Vicocala!!! I'm not seeing YC for $500-$600 hundred per sailing, the cheapest I've seen is $869.00 so you are finding prices even lower than I am! Crossing fingers for you :)

NOPE! the $600 was the difference in price of my current cabins vs the YC1. I called my TA who claimed I already have the lowest prices available. I think it may be a glitch as I tried booking one website twice, once I got the good price and once the regular price.

I will enjoy my B2B like I have it I guess. It would of been a nice treat. Who knows maybe I'll get an upsell offer if these prices aren't legit.