Seward without a vehicle?

skrapngal

Party of 7 with the following timetable:

arriving on Park Connection express at 9:45AM on a Friday

hoping to drop off luggage at Pied for Royal sailing

on a Major Marine 6 hour tour from 11:30-5:30

back to ship for boarding

So basically, we need to 1) get from the bus dropoff to the ship (with luggage), 2) get from ship to Harbour 360 Hotel office and 3) get from Harbour 360 to the ship.

Taxi? trolley? rental?

So basically, we need to 1) get from the bus dropoff to the ship (with luggage), 2) get from ship to Harbour 360 Hotel office and 3) get from Harbour 360 to the ship.

Taxi? trolley? rental?

It is an easy 10 - 12 minute walk from the ship to the Harbor 360 Hotel and back.

I don't know where the bus lets you off so I can't answer that part of your question

<<<The Park Connection bus line operates two trips each day during the summer between Anchorage and Seward. The morning departure is part of our “Seward Express” route and is designed to allow guests to connect with one of the many day cruises into Kenai Fjords National Park. The Seward Express offers drop offs at the Seward Windsong Lodge and the Small Boat Harbor. >>>

If you have a choice, ask for a drop off at the Small Boat Harbor.

But even if you get dropped off at the Lodge you're only 3 or 4 miles from town. I only remember seeing taxi vans so maybe you'll all fit in one car, maybe $10-$12. Call PJs for taxi info.

I believe Seward Buslines drops off at the cruise terminal. Might be worth looking into.

Edited by mapleleaves

<<<The Park Connection bus line operates two trips each day during the summer between Anchorage and Seward. The morning departure is part of our “Seward Express” route and is designed to allow guests to connect with one of the many day cruises into Kenai Fjords National Park. The Seward Express offers drop offs at the Seward Windsong Lodge and the Small Boat Harbor. >>>

If you have a choice, ask for a drop off at the Small Boat Harbor.

But even if you get dropped off at the Lodge you're only 3 or 4 miles from town. I only remember seeing taxi vans so maybe you'll all fit in one car, maybe $10-$12. Call PJs for taxi info.

I believe Seward Buslines drops off at the cruise terminal. Might be worth looking into.

Wind Song Lodge offers a shuttle to town and also provides luggage service that will deliver bags to the ship. I don't know if they do this for day trippers, but they do provide these services for overnight guests.

Taxi? trolley? rental?

I've seen Park Connection in front of Major Marine's office. So IF you pack light, and have quality rolling bags, you can walk to your hotel, same with back to your boat tour.

In the past, Major Marine- would deliver your bags to the cruise ship during the day. Verify if this is still in place. Otherwise, you can take them to the dock yourself in the morning. There is a Seward bus, that does loop to the cruise dock. BUT- it is a school bus, and little luggage storage, except by piling into the back of the bus. You can't have huge over weighted bags- as example.

Quick rabbit trail regarding Seward: We are renting a car from Hertz in Seward when we disembark our cruise. Is it practical to walk from the cruise ship to Hertz with our luggage? It looks like a short distance, but I didn't know if it would be difficult to get out of the port on foot or to be able to roll large suitcases. Thanks!

Edited by mborchgardt