Formal dresses

amajaa

We are off on Aurora soon. Two of my formal dresses are all covered in sequins, will this be too dressed up? I have worn one of them on Ventura and didn't feel overdressed. Not sure what The Aurora is like, we have 6 formal for a 18 night cruise.

Thanks Florry, I have them so I really want to wear them. As the two previous posters were joking about me being male with calling me Sir etc I wasn't sure if they were joking about being OK to wear as well.

First time with P&O and we have a black & white night.

Will I be forced to walk the plank if I wear black/cream or is it strictly B&W?

Any advice please

Black and cream will be fine. I once wore black dress with a silver grey wrap with silver dragonflies on it..didn't notice any looks.

A lot of ladies wear black dresses (short or long) with white/cream accessories.

I have yet to actually find a black/white dress that doesn't cost the earth, that I like, and looks ok on me....

now...rightly or wrongly (I am sure someone will tell me!:D) I have always interpreted the Black and White night as wearing any combination of black and white....so...all white, all black...or a bit of both!

The missing element is any other colour! (Except cream..or even very dark grey.that is just as acceptable in my view...after all there are 50 shades of black, and 50 shades of white too!)

now...rightly or wrongly (I am sure someone will tell me!:D) I have always interpreted the Black and White night as wearing any combination of black and white....so...all white, all black...or a bit of both!

The missing element is any other colour! (Except cream..or even very dark grey.that is just as acceptable in my view...after all there are 50 shades of black, and 50 shades of white too!)

True MM. Mind you I tend to not go all white as being somewhat "cuddly" it does not do anything for me.

Thank you English Lady, my panic is now over :) I've spent the last few weekends looking for B&W but to no avail. I've got a white flower hair accessory so hopefully that's my nod towards the 'white'.

That will be fine.

You will see a few ladies that turn up in colours of the rainbow, but most on that night stick to the theme.

I totally agree, I will call mine an 'off white'. I'm happy as long as I'm not the odd one out :eek:

Better commence the packing :D