AMEX special offers (Royal Caribbean)

I have a Delta AMEX

- yes to Lowe's

- yes to 5 Guys

- NO for AMEX :mad:

Sucks too, cause I have a final payment to make this weekend...

I have a Gold Amex too. No go.

I got Amex Blue when Celebrity had their offer earlier. Now I get to use it for Freedom TA and save $100.

I have it on my Amex PRG, and also my Blue Cash Preferred.

Just paid off my cruise using the offer, in fact..

TIP - You CAN overpay to create a credit on your cabin!

(I only owed $417 - paid $450 to take advantage of the offer, so now I show a $33 credit on my cabin )

Another thank you! My SO and I used our individual cards for $450 OBC each. Both of us received the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email instantly. We are using it on our Harmony cruise leaving in two days, so the timing was perfect for us.

Does Celebrity offer this deal too?

What is AX PRG?

Not currently but they did. The recent one has expired. Offers for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and other cruise lines are offered from time to time. I suggest checking for offers every week or two. I check every week. Some offers expire and new offers appear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Amex Offers appear frequently and can disappear based on number redeeming.

I ended up with 7 of the RCCL offers this time (only two on the last round). So far, Amex has saved me $850 on my cruise.

I need to add some more AUs :) My dog needs a credit card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does AU mean "authorized user"? My husband & I have a blue card AMEX account but have individual cards in each of our names with slightly different numbers on them. I set up an on-line account in his name. If I set up another online account in my name would I also be eligible to get the offers even tho we only have one credit card account (everything is on one statement). That would be great if we could do that and get double offers!

I was annoyed last night that the offer wasn't available to Delta AMEX cardholders, so I opened up a chat with CS to ask. He said that offers could in theory pop up on any of the cards and was more targeted on spending habits of each individual card holder and not necessarily based on the card specifically. He didn't know what to say when I told him that I had charged over $3,000 on my card in 2016 to RCI but still didn't have the offer. :D

So, last night I bit the bullet and applied for the Blue Cash Everyday (no annual fee one). Not only for RCI, but for the other stuff they have going on now as well (Amazon 10% promotion, 0% for 12 months, etc).

Anyway this morning when I logged into my account, I scrolled through the offers and what a surprise - there it was!

So my takeaway from this experience is that it is indeed tied to the type of card... :rolleyes:

Dsarah, yes. Our accounts are on one statement it we each have our own log in and have the offer on both cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the tip. Redeemed DH's offer yesterday and just put myself on his account.:)

But -- is there an issue when the unused OBC is credited back to the AMEX card? Would that result in the offer amount being deducted by AMEX? I think I read that somewhere.

I don't know about that but the unused OBC will be credited back to whatever card you use when you check in so you could make sure you did NOT use that Amx card if that is the case

Is the RC offer gone today? Had a friend say she can't see it on her Blue card. I can't because I already loaded it on my card.

It seems that when the offer "goes live" there are a limited number available to add to cards. I know the first time this came up a few months ago, we hadn't registered an account for my wife's card and by the time we were able to set up her account the offer was gone. It happened to my dad also.

Once you add the offer to the account, you can't lose it unless you don't make the purchase by the end of the offer period.

It seems that when the offer "goes live" there are a limited number available to add to cards. I know the first time this came up a few months ago, we hadn't registered an account for my wife's card and by the time we were able to set up her account the offer was gone. It happened to my dad also.

Once you add the offer to the account, you can't lose it unless you don't make the purchase by the end of the offer period.

I have a FB friend who said, I'll do it tomorrow, meaning today. It may be gone. She can't see it on her blue.

So, if I put $450 on my account towards OBC, is that considered "refundable OBC" if I don't use it all by the end of the trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I just did that. However I did use a different card for my on board expenses as I don't travel with my Amex.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I just did that. However I did use a different card for my on board expenses as I don't travel with my Amex.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks - also good tip. I'll use my Delta AMEX on the ship. :-)

Do we need to call C&A or Cust. Svc. to "pre-load" the OBC or can it be done online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk