I'm not cruising to reach Elite...

brianlojeck

Really...

I'm not sitting here trying to find the most efficient set of cruises to take... I'm not trying to talk my wife into a suite to Ensenada...

Really...

I can quit whenever I want...

Just like the rest of us.:D

If the boys are under 18, then they are not Platinum - even if they've had enough cruises. No one gets any Captains Circle benefits until they are 18.

Which is kind of sucky really, why should someone elite under 18 have to pay for laundry just because they haven't had enough birthdays yet? Fair enough exclude the minibar setup but why the other perks?

Which is kind of sucky really, why should someone elite under 18 have to pay for laundry just because they haven't had enough birthdays yet? Fair enough exclude the minibar setup but why the other perks?

Because the loyalty program is for adults, and this is spelled out clearly in the literature. Princess is trying to sell cruises, and they can't sell them to minors. It's a marketing tool, not a test of worthiness. :rolleyes:

We spent the last few years working towards elite. With every cruise the excitement of getting closer to a black card grew. That excitement stayed for a few cruises past elite. Now on number 38 (I think) it's no longer a big deal for us. We do love the perks! But it seems those around us are more impressed by us having black cards than we are about it. Because of our age we get the have you cruised before? question a lot. We're in our early 50s and we get a kick out of tablemates talking about status while we sit and listen, only sharing our number of cruises if asked directly about it. Guess we prefer being the secret elite.

Have fun getting to elite (or not). It'll be fun either way.

We spent the last few years working towards elite. With every cruise the excitement of getting closer to a black card grew. That excitement stayed for a few cruises past elite. Now on number 38 (I think) it's no longer a big deal for us. We do love the perks! But it seems those around us are more impressed by us having black cards than we are about it. Because of our age we get the have you cruised before? question a lot. We're in our early 50s and we get a kick out of tablemates talking about status while we sit and listen, only sharing our number of cruises if asked directly about it. Guess we prefer being the secret elite.

Have fun getting to elite (or not). It'll be fun either way.

I like that. I try to be a secret elite too. No need to brag, I've enjoyed getting here.

We did a couple Ensenada Suite cruises. When the Golden was here in LA, Sun Deck Premium Suite and Baja deck Owners suite (an upsell with the smell).

Plus several 4 and 5 day getaways, best price was Sapphire Feb2014 - a free cruise; next best the Crown in Jan2015.

I called it research, seeing what Suites and staterooms we liked at "reasonable" cost. Cruising, cruise credits towards Elite, Research: win, win...win.

It is hard work but someone has to do it!

We are trying to reach Elite status. We didn't start cruising until recently and our employment meant we couldn't do as many as we would have liked.

Princess offers double cruise credits for suites in some cases. Is there a minimum number of days for the cruise to count as double?

Just asking.

We are trying to reach Elite status. We didn't start cruising until recently and our employment meant we couldn't do as many as we would have liked.

Princess offers double cruise credits for suites in some cases. Is there a minimum number of days for the cruise to count as double?

Just asking.

no, if you cruise solo you get credit for 2 cruises too or 3 cruises if you r in a suite.