!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

We have never sailed NCL and after looking at the pool photos i am sure we will never sail NCL there pool lay out is horrible with chairs hugging each other with NO room to step out. Everyone seems squeezed and very uncomfortable. Gambee thanks for the great pictures that convinced us never to go NCL.

Hi Gambee,

Am really enjoying your review. My family and I (six of us) are on Escape in July for a 2 week cruise! I wish you were also there as I think I would enjoy hanging out with you. Did you notice if the staff removed towels from the lounges if they were there too long without someone actually sitting on them?

I hated this beer, I am not sure why I got it. High alcohol content?? I did drink it all, but eeewww. It tasted like this nasty drink from Colombia called Pony Malta....

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-314_zpsunvte8wi.jpg

Sex on the beach for mom. The drink!!!! Ok! :eek:

Norwegian%20Escape%20review-315_zpsisztzob3.jpg

I laughed out loud when you mentioned that beer tastes like Pony Malta. Now I know what beer to avoid when I go on the Escape next year! I studied abroad and interned in Ecuador for 5 months and had Pony Malta once! Can't wait to read more of your review and start planning my own trip!

P.S.- I spent a long weekend in Bogotá and fell in love with Colombia. For my last spring break before grad school I was between the Escape or a week in Cartagena. I think I chose right ;)

Gambee!!!!:D:D

Just found this yesterday, and have JUST caught up!!!

Another AWESOME review!!! Pictures are AMAZING!!!!

LOVING this review.......

Wow. I feel like I just finished your Oasis one, and I LOVED that.

23 days and we are on Oasis for the first time. Royal for the first time.

Your review has our family SO pumped!!!

Cannot wait for the next installment.

Happy Belated Birthday, Gambee's Mom!!!! You guys are SO cute!!!!:D:D

Hope you have a fabulous cruise! I am sure that now you're well prepared with all the info I provided on that review :)

Are all the beers covered by th drink package. I know might be stupid question but I can see them saying sense there special beers there not

If the beers are over $15 they are not covered.

Wow, I'm really surprised Ro was still working in the Vibe. When we were on the ship in Mid February she had been on for 3 plus months. Maybe she took her vacation and came back. I agree she was great!

I don't think she did, the contracts are long 8+ months. She should be on vacation in 5 weeks.

Were you aware that Stone Cold Steve Austin was giving you the stink eye in the corner of this shot? :D

I get a lot of that, I am immune to it now. I got some really bad ones towards the end of the cruise. I am not really sure why, there are so many people taking video of everything and no one seems to care, but one picture and everyone goes crazy. I even had someone confront me on this cruise, that was a first one.

I think it is rather nice that he takes the time to acknowledge people. He does it in his way and anyone you doesn't like it can easily scroll by.

;)

I never realized that mojitos came in such varieties. On RCI all I've ever asked for is a mojito and that is what I got. I didn't know that I had options!

I have been to a few bars that they throw their own spin on them. But essentially the best one is classic mojito, at least to my palate. The other ones are there for folks who like the sweet drinks. My mom's berry one was very sweet, she loved it.

This area with these armchairs was instead packed with dining tables on the transatlantic. They've removed an entire section of tables. I guess they are no longer needed since they've switched to pay.

That would be my guess, that was actually the area that you saw the most people in. And they were usually enjoying the music there.

I was on Escape two months ago, and I am loving your review and all the pictures. It makes me feel like I was just there!

It also makes me want to drink. And eat. Love the pics of the beverages and the food.

A lot more pics to come!

Thank you for following.

Thanks! It seems they were then removed from the menu- I remember having them on the BA late 2014.

Is there any sharp difference you are finding between the BA and Escape?

Sharp difference? I would dare to say that the food and service are much better on Escape. But I imagine this is a change that has been made on BA as well.

Other than that, not really. Small changes here and there, the ice bar, sushi bar, no designated club on Escape. Just minor venue changes.

Oh wait, I guess the most drastic thing is the larger occupancy on Escape. You can really notice it on deck.

Love the review. I was wondering when you said that there's no place for adults to sit by the kids pool if that is also true for the kiddie aqua park? Also, did you happen to take pictures of the kiddie Aqua park? Thanks!!

Yeah, I take multiple pictures of the area, I will post them as I come across them :)

Amazing pictures as always!! Can't get enough of that blue water. It's funny, I am full from dinner and ice cream yet your pictures of the food and drinks make me want to eat right this minute! :p

You mentioned the internet a couple times. It says 1 device for the VOOM internet, so you were actually able to use it on two different devices but you just had to sign out and then back in on the other one?

Correct, it is basically one device logged in at a time. But you can use that connection on as many devices as you want. Well, we did 3 devices.

Thanks again for such an in-depth review! All the work you put into it is appreciated.

You make me feel like I was on the cruise with you. :)

Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you for comment :), much more coming soon!

We have never sailed NCL and after looking at the pool photos i am sure we will never sail NCL there pool lay out is horrible with chairs hugging each other with NO room to step out. Everyone seems squeezed and very uncomfortable. Gambee thanks for the great pictures that convinced us never to go NCL.

I think that is what happens when they are over capacity, but I totally see your point. This ship with a 1k less people would be a completely different story.