Royal Caribbean Star Class Genie

i'm very sorry you received the kind of service you had on your cruise. Even though RC has given you some sort of compensation, it will never erase the bad experiences (that should have been awesome experiences) of the Genie Service you missed, the service you were expecting.

I am so sorry for your bad experience. I'm guessing part of the main reason you booked the genie was to make traveling with your older parents easier. What a shame for you that that need was not met.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Periscope is an IPhone and Android app that you can download. You also download it to your iPad (as and IPhone app) and computer as well. I believe it is called periscope TV. Once you have it loaded you can search for me and find me at my username @Andrew_1720

If you follow me then you can see my past scopes that have been saved and will be notified when new scopes are live.

I hope this helps.

Andrew

Thank you so much! I had no idea what these were but felt silly asking when everyone else seemed to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Found ya! :)

Happy to hear it.

I posted a periscope early today of crop dusting and a sunrise at one of our farms. If you replay it you can fast forward, rewind etc. You can give hearts by tapping the screen during a relay but you cannot type comments during a replay view. During a live scope you can type if the viewer allows comments.

I'm glad to have you following along.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

He's back! I already LOVE him! We've already planned out our dinners and shows each night and checked with me on several times to ask if there's anything else I need. He moved our embarkation time up (without me asking) and even sent me a congratulations email when I told him my daughter had just gotten engaged. We are going to have a great time!

We had Israel while we were in 1720 in May. Loved him! He sat down with us a couple nights at dinner and we enjoyed his company. You will have the best time!

Well there be the problem....

Not "everything" is included. Starbucks beverages are included, but Starbucks pastries are not. Scoops ice cream is not. And probably a few more. While I agree with you that "everyone" should know.... When you consider the number of staff on these ships and the newness of the program - you can understand where the confusion comes in.

There is no need to run to the genie all the time. Just forget about it, enjoy your trip - and then have one meeting with your genie on the very last day/night to review your bill and remove anything that should not be there.

Like you, I dislike these types of issues but simply refused to let it color our experience. And quite honestly, now looking back, the incidents were actually quite funny - considering everything.

Ron

I should have been clearer in saying "everything that is included". I've never sailed RCI before, so have no prior experience of what or what not to expect. However, I have a pretty good idea of what I'm entitled to by staying in a Star Class suite. And if I don't, it's because the information posted by RCI is vague or when contacting them directly, they don't know. Maybe it sounds funny to say but I would expect staff who work on the ship or promote the offers, to know more about the programs than I do.

I know this is a new program and I assume everything will eventually work itself out. I like the fact that "almost" everything is included (if it me were running the company, pastries and ice cream would be included as well :)). I just wouldn't want to come away with a bad impression for a first time RC sailing.

I do tend to agree with you. I don't understand why Royal just doesn't say everything is included for Star Class and that would be the easiest way to get it right from a guest services perspective. I'm sure it has to do with their vendor agreements with Starbucks or Scoops or what have you, but it's just 11 or 12 cabins. Not hard to adjust.

But I still think you're going to have a wonderful experience and hope you do!

I do tend to agree with you. I don't understand why Royal just doesn't say everything is included for Star Class and that would be the easiest way to get it right from a guest services perspective. I'm sure it has to do with their vendor agreements with Starbucks or Scoops or what have you, but it's just 11 or 12 cabins. Not hard to adjust.

But I still think you're going to have a wonderful experience and hope you do!

Thanks!

And just a side note, with a week to go, we finally received the "questionnaire". My wife wants to be on the deserted island with someone other than me though :)

Thanks!

And just a side note, with a week to go, we finally received the "questionnaire". My wife wants to be on the deserted island with someone other than me though :)

Yes, but isn't every relationship allowed a "hall pass"? :)

Glad you got it !

• 1 month later...

Matt- you know a lot about Star Class and I believe I have information overload! I am going on the Anthem of the Seas on October 15th and read that Chefs table is included and then read it was not included. Do you have an idea?

Matt- you know a lot about Star Class and I believe I have information overload! I am going on the Anthem of the Seas on October 15th and read that Chefs table is included and then read it was not included. Do you have an idea?

We may end up as neighbors! I'll be in an Owners Loft Suite on the Anthem's 10/15 sailing. From my cruise last May, the wine was not included with Chef's Table. Don't know if that's changed at all since we were the 2nd cruise where Star Class was officially offered.

Strange, we've done Chef's a number of times and that's always the appeal, the sommelier describing each wine after the chef has described the course. It was always included. Thinking that's why the price is what it is.

Are you maybe thinking about the wine pairing in 150? Because I know that's not included.

Nope not was Chef's Table. Now... you CAN get wine and have the full experience, but there is a surcharge for it. Think of it as a highly discounted dinner there. At Chops, the deluxe steaks had a surcharge as well. (It ended up like 3 bucks.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope not was Chef's Table. Now... you CAN get wine and have the full experience, but there is a surcharge for it. Think of it as a highly discounted dinner there. At Chops, the deluxe steaks had a surcharge as well. (It ended up like 3 bucks.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they still charge the $95 if you don't get wine?

We may end up as neighbors! I'll be in an Owners Loft Suite on the Anthem's 10/15 sailing. From my cruise last May, the wine was not included with Chef's Table. Don't know if that's changed at all since we were the 2nd cruise where Star Class was officially offered.

Maybe! We will be in the Grand Loft Suite. Did you have the Genie experience in May?

I'd be interested in hearing about Star Class on Anthem (since I sail on her in March). I haven't found much about Anthem for that experience yet.

Matt and Andrew have done a good job for Allure. LOL ;)

After watching Andrew's scopes all week, I just booked 2018 for Anthem already. Great watching (but bad on the wallet) :eek: :D

I'd be interested in hearing about Star Class on Anthem (since I sail on her in March). I haven't found much about Anthem for that experience yet.

Matt and Andrew have done a good job for Allure. LOL ;)

After watching Andrew's scopes all week, I just booked 2018 for Anthem already. Great watching (but bad on the wallet) :eek: :D

I was on Anthem this past June in a GLS. Our genie was wonderful and took care of everything and anything...we don't require much but if we even sounded as though we were wondering about something, she got the answer for us. It was an amazing experience and we hope it is the same next year for us. Hope your cruise will be awesome.

Swiss

I was on Anthem this past June in a GLS. Our genie was wonderful and took care of everything and anything...we don't require much but if we even sounded as though we were wondering about something, she got the answer for us. It was an amazing experience and we hope it is the same next year for us. Hope your cruise will be awesome.

Swiss

Thanks so much, Swiss. I'm really laid back (and travel solo since DH passed). I don't need much except for a few reservations. Haven't been on RCCL for a number of years now; so, most will just be "settling in" the first cruise. I'm sure I'm going to love it. I can't wait until March!

Heidi

I just called to check on Chef's and the wine is included...Whew! Had me scared :)

We were told this past week on Allure that wine parings for CT, and 150, milkshakes, upgraded steaks and lobster at Chops were not included. At the end of the week we were told that the milkshakes were included. We did say to our Genie that it was strange that simple things were not included and you could feel that he wished they were.

He did say that they did get the milkshakes included that week. I don't know if it was for Allure only or for all ships with Genies. He never mentioned about the wine, but maybe it was included. Hopefully they are included when you sail.

Edited by A&L_Ont

This was the printed info we had upon checkin and in our cabin.

Internet pass codes which we got at checkin.

a23cdc8904572d8663e0376a56b69712.jpg

The following was in our cabin.

Our weekly "schedule".

a0507815a1f928d522d73e9e2a02f3e7.jpg

General information sheets of the program.

8fea11692f3e254e2e69c8a146cdd155.jpg

e1a107fce0dc30aeed829e43bc733689.jpg

As a Star Class were also asked if we wanted to do a bridge tour but we respectfully declined. We have already been on the bridge 3 times on Oasis Class ships so we weren't really interested in another tour.

We also received our regular D+ perks sheets in the cabin, which also included the options for Galley Tour, back stage tour etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by A&L_Ont