Cost of shuttle buses for saver fares and cabin C739 on Azura

divadee007

Hi everyone.

We have booked a last minute cruise on Azura for half term week on a saver fare (a bargain not to be missed at £599 for a balcony).

We have only booked select fares before but the price difference was £160 each so thought that money was better off spent on wine onboard!!!

Does anyone know what the shuttle bus costs are to saver fares in La Rochelle and Bilbao? We want to do the Guggenheim in Bilbao and have looked at getting the metro but need to get out of the port first.

Also does anyone have any views on cabin C739. It's very near the back which I don't mind but wondered if anyone else has been in that cabin?

Hi everyone.

We have booked a last minute cruise on Azura for half term week on a saver fare (a bargain not to be missed at £599 for a balcony).

We have only booked select fares before but the price difference was £160 each so thought that money was better off spent on wine onboard!!!

Does anyone know what the shuttle bus costs are to saver fares in La Rochelle and Bilbao? We want to do the Guggenheim in Bilbao and have looked at getting the metro but need to get out of the port first.

Also does anyone have any views on cabin C739. It's very near the back which I don't mind but wondered if anyone else has been in that cabin?

As far as I can see both of these ports have free shuttle busses for all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As far as I can see both of these ports have free shuttle busses for all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Wow that's very good news dai! Thanks so much for your help.

Now to plan what to do in the ports. Always the fun part of the cruise.

Recently been to both ports on Azura. Because of the distance from the container ports to the town centres, shuttles to both Bilbao and La Rochelle are free to all passengers. La Rochelle is lovely and the Guggenheim museum is well worth a visit!

Recently been to both ports on Azura. Because of the distance from the container ports to the town centres, shuttles to both Bilbao and La Rochelle are free to all passengers. La Rochelle is lovely and the Guggenheim museum is well worth a visit!

Did both these ports last week on Britannia. We were on saver and can confirm that they were both free. I will say though that the queues for the shuttle into La Rochelle got very long after 10.00am and also there was a wait to board the ship on our return at around 4.00pm. We were told by the Captain that this was because there is a huge tidal shift (around 5 metres) in these Atlantic ports reducing the number of gangways they can use

Edited by sueandphil

Hi everyone.

This is from a cabin review of C735 on Azura that someone else had put on another forum. I think it will be the cabin next to C739. Hope it helps.

Cabin Number: C735

Overall Rating: 5*

Cleanliness: 5*

Furnishings: 5*

Balcony: 5*

Bathroom: 4*

Stability: 4*

Quiet Cabin?: 4*

When we booked this cruise we knew we wanted a C deck starboard cabin to ensure any sun there was was on our balcony for the transatlantic back from the Caribbean. We had stayed in C deck previously so knew the balcony was approx twice the size of Aand B deck. There wasn't much choice left and C735 was further aft that we had sailed before.

The cabin was spotlessly clean and kept so by our fabulous cabin steward Rowena. The queen size bed was very comfy and the shower room although very compact was clean.

The balcony was fantastic. Full sun from 06:30 to late afternoon. Sheltered from the wind.

We would book aft again to get a C deck balcony but there is more vibration in the cabin compared to mid ships. It is a quiet area of the ship as there were only 2 or 3 cabins further aft so not many pax going past.

Wow that's very good news dai! Thanks so much for your help.

Now to plan what to do in the ports. Always the fun part of the cruise.

Hello, we went to Bilbao on our first cruise. It was very easy to get to the Guggenheim on your own. Free maps were given out on the shuttle bus. From where they dropped us off it was only 10 or maybe 15 minutes walk (almost one straight route!) to the museum. La Rochelle was my favourite, lovely place.

If you have to pay for the shuttle buses, it is usually cheaper just to take a taxi (even for two and especially for four).

P&O seem to usually charge £8 for the shuttle fares for a short 2 mile trip (they dishonestly advertise it as £4 each way, but will only sell you a return), so £16 for two.

In Ibiza a few days ago I declined P&O's pay shuttle to the town centre, for which there was an enormous queue, but walked round the corner and immediately picked up a cab. The fare to the cathedral at the top of the hill (saving the walk the shuttle passengers had) and back from the town square worked out around £15.

I don't know what day you'll be in Bilbao but the Guggenheim is closed on a Monday - apparently only open to official tours. We were there a few weeks ago and the ship actually docked in Gatxo - it was a beautiful place with a very unusual bridge, well worth a visit for anybody who doesn't want to go in to Bilbao. http://puente-colgante.com/index.php/en/puente-vizcaya-2/history.html

Gill

Wow this is all great useful information. Thank you so much everyone. Really looking forward to this last minute cruise.

Hi.

We went to the Guggenheim last summer. I booked it online and it was so much cheaper than the P&O trip.

We used the free shuttle service and walked to the museum. If you book online, you dont have to go in the main queue, you keep left on the main stairs and just show your barcode on your phone. Easy, and it cost around £35 for the 3 of us with a translator phone included.

Enjoy.

:)