Verizon

golfer1903

Looking at the Verizon Alaska coverage maps, you should be good almost everywhere including the Richardson Highway, the Denali Highway and the Parks Highway as well as the ports of call on the cruise. See the Verizon web site if you have more questions.

From Ohio. Will I have Verizon SE vice in Alaska and free of charge?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes, except when there is no service at all which happens sometimes,, but as long as you are in the usual towns and villages, or along the major highways you will have coverage 90% + of the time. As long as you have the typical nationwide roaming plan then there is no roaming charge. Be careful in Canad, that is considered International roaming.

In Canada, if you add Verizon's Travel Pass, using your device only costs a flat fee of $2/day. All data, text messages, and voice use is subtracted from your normal monthly allowances. I've used it in both Mexico and Canada, works great and no unexpected charges other than the $2 for each 24 hr period the device was used.

we have jitterbug with Verizon service unlimited talk and text and the main phone number for jitterbug said we were covered everywhere in US ....and we could call TO Canada but could not make calls while IN Canada??? does that sound right??

Only if you have the plan to allow calls TO Canada on your plan like I do on Verizn. Otherwise you pay international rates. When we go to Canada (Thursday) we add he travel pass so we can call will in Canada using our standard plan.

• 6 months later...
Yes, except when there is no service at all which happens sometimes,, but as long as you are in the usual towns and villages, or along the major highways you will have coverage 90% + of the time. As long as you have the typical nationwide roaming plan then there is no roaming charge. Be careful in Canad, that is considered International roaming.
That's not the way VZ's website makes it sound:

TravelPass lets you use your domestic talk, text and data allowances while traveling outside the US in more than 100 countries for a low daily rate.