Caribbean Princess - Ballroom Dancing

Iceland

Is there any ballroom dancing on Caribbean Princess, wondering whether to pack my dance shoes?

Yes, in Club Fusion, Wheelhouse Bar, Explorer's Lounge. Different bands with different music, at different times each evening. Check the Princess Patter once on board.

• 4 months later...

Princess dancers: be aware that the once excellent Wheelhouse dance floor has now been replaced with dining tables. I'm not sure which Wheelhouse bars in the fleet have been 'ruined' and which still have adequate room to dance. Star a few years ago was great. Royal last week had us dancing in the hallway.

We just got off the CB. Ballroom dancing was available most if not all nights in different venues - wheelhouse bar, club fusion or explorer's lounge. They used different bands each day. The wheelhouse bar and Sabatini's have not been modified as yet. It is my understanding that only the Emerald and Ruby have been modified at this time.

I was just on the Ruby one week ago and specifically took a look at the changes to the Wheelhouse. Now I have not been on this ship before and have mostly cruised on the Grand Class ships, so my comparisons reflect that.

To me it looked like the dance floor might actually have more room than before the renovations.

There used to be 2 small love seats with coffee tables at the edges of two sides of the dance floor - these have been removed. The addition of bar tables and chairs are in the space where love seats, chairs and coffee tables were previously in the long seating area on the left as you enter, so do not encroach on the dance floor at all.

Only big difference would be less comfortable seats. I hate perching on those high bar seats.

Edited by bigenna